Assistant coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke and McQualter both may well leave so Teague back to forward coach, would love Stafford to come across with Yze as ruck/midfield coach. Chris Newman or a Troy Chaplin would be nice...
As long as Stafford goes nowhere near forward line coach like he has been doing at Melbourne

Anyone have any idea about what sort of game style Yze would want to play? Going to be a very interesting off season.
Dees and Yze had the best ruckman in the AFL league to help kick start their game style...
Then they had the AFL League's in form mid-fielders to capitalize on the best ruckman's first use of the footy..
Then they had two of the best rebounding defenders to help regain the ball if they stuffed up...
The the Dees went out and traded for the 2nd best ruckman in the League...reducing the oppo potency!
All made it a tad easier for Yze to polish up and tweak his game plan...without starting from scratch with a puss poor side!
Yze now has the hassle, at RFC, of making winners out of a side his Dees pummelled!...a big ask!
Reckon Yze will go back to the old firm and start from there...get an idea of our baseline!
If they fail to perform to his plan...it will be the old goneski...flickola!
And then the slow intro of younger players from the VFL...
We will be a work in progress...for at least a good year!...We make the Finals it will be amazing!
The only fly in the ointment will be whether/if The AFL's Old Boy's Club is happy with the spread of RFC's IP throughout the 18 team Comp. And then eases up on our outrageous free-kick deficit!

Would keep ratten and Teague few new voices won’t hurt.
Yze said he wants to keep as many of the current coaches as possible as they already have established relationships with the players. Although it would appear that McQualter and Clarke are going, so we'll need at least 2 new assistants
Which lines up with what Tigerbob (i think it was) said in a post earlier than Yze had sought out a couple of people for assistant roles.

Think McQualter and Clarke going while a loss would be good for their personal development.

Would keep ratten and Teague few new voices won’t hurt.

Which lines up with what Tigerbob (i think it was) said in a post earlier than Yze had sought out a couple of people for assistant roles.

Think McQualter and Clarke going while a loss would be good for their personal development.
Need a new direction and message.

Leon Cameron
nick daffy, asst at werribee
recently retired player too would be good say Robbie Tarrant

As long as Stafford goes nowhere near forward line coach like he has been doing at Melbourne
In fairness, not much to work with at the Dees, their forward line is the reason they havent won another 1 or 2 flags with the current list.

I think I read somewhere that he has said assistant coaching isn't for him...whatever that means lol
I'm guessing he like to be in control and and backs in his beliefs over most.

It doesn't always work, but at least he knows it and has called it out rather than pretend to do something he doesn't believe in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leon Cameron
nick daffy, asst at werribee
recently retired player too would be good say Robbie Tarrant
Why not bring in a recent retired player from outside the group that can add something fresh? No less successful than Robbie Tarrant. Isaac Smith, Shuey, Daniel Rich, Ziebell, Cunnington, Hurn, Jonas would all be experienced heads that could add value.

Yze was on radio this morning pretty much confirmed Mini is leaving and that they are working on other coaches this week.
Was a good interview with Daniel Harford on RSN Sport 927. Better than Lyon & Watson making the interview about themselves.
Id share the link if I wasnt I.T challenged but it’s on their website for anyone intereste.

Remove this Banner Ad

Assistant coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back