Assistant coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yze was on radio this morning pretty much confirmed Mini is leaving and that they are working on other coaches this week.
Was a good interview with Daniel Harford on RSN Sport 927. Better than Lyon & Watson making the interview about themselves.
Id share the link if I wasnt I.T challenged but it’s on their website for anyone intereste.

Yze was on radio this morning pretty much confirmed Mini is leaving and that they are working on other coaches this week.
Was a good interview with Daniel Harford on RSN Sport 927. Better than Lyon & Watson making the interview about themselves.
Id share the link if I wasnt I.T challenged but it’s on their website for anyone intereste.
Mentioned his good mate Cam Bruce…he would be a good get

Would love to see our VFL structured like our premiership years. Where our VFL side plays the exact same gameplan as our seniors. So any players stepping up to the AFL know exactly what the game plan is & makes for a lot easier transition to seniors. As the last 3 years we went way off track in the VFL & played a game that didn't resemble anything similar to our Seniors, which wasn't great either.

LYON SAYS “SHIP HAS SAILED” TO BRING MCQUALTER TO ST KILDA​

SEN BY LACHLAN GELEIT

St Kilda coach Ross Lyon admits the ship has probably sailed for Andrew McQualter to join the club’s coaching ranks.
McQualter, who coached Richmond on an interim basis in 2023 after Damien Hardwick quit, narrowly missed out on landing the top job at Tigerland with Adem Yze winning the role last week.

Lyon attempted to lure McQualter to the Saints upon his return to Moorabbin last off-season, but he doesn’t expect to be able to do the same this time around due to soft cap restraints.
While he doesn’t think McQualter will land at Moorabbin, he does expect the highly-rated assistant to have plenty of options around the league.

“Probably that ship has sailed, to be honest,” Lyon told SEN Sportsday.
“The soft cap is really limiting. We've got great people there (already).
“I ran him, his manager Paul Connors at the VFL grand final and under-18 (Coates Talent League) Grand Final and he'll have plenty of options.
“He'll be well taken care of.”

While Lyon thinks McQualter is probably licking his wounds after coming so close to landing the full-time gig at Richmond, he believes he should see it as the beginning, not the end - particularly as the likes of Yze and Adam Kingsley landed jobs after coming close previously.

“He's certainly got nothing to be embarrassed about,” Lyon said.
“He's probably licking his wounds a little bit, but that's the model of just asking for the feedback, ‘Where can I improve?’.
“Ultimately, Yze has gone for a couple and missed, much like Kingsley.
“So he should see it as a beginning, not an end.”

Last edited:
link to link ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“With Adem (Yze) coming in as senior coach last week, he was particularly strong about getting Chris across after working closely with him at the Hawks.

“They have a terrific relationship, and we feel Chris will be an excellent fit for our playing group and coaching staff.” Tim Livingstone

“I cannot wait to get started back at Richmond, working closely with the players and football staff,” he said.

“It will be nice to be back in familiar colours and working with Adem and the coaches to help the team return to finals action.” Chris Newman

Fantastic news I do believe we will back in the hunt real quick I honestly believe dusty will not leave Richmond after next season I’m going all out to say he will resign with the club
:drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Assistant coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back