Coach Assistant coaches 2025 - Blake Caracella Rejoins Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Who else are we getting is the question. We need to be net positive in terms of who we get into the coaching and development ranks. We can't be just replacing people at the moment, after we got rid of Dimma and reinstatement of higher soft cap surely we have more money for more support staff. An influx of young talent requires great development to help them get the best out of themselves.

Lambo has young family , footy ain’t a 9-5 job , he’s exploring what else he can do , sounds like already got something in mind , he may be back in footy reckon he has much too offer
Yes I agree, such a great dude to have around the club, others saying maric going too, it’s a shame to lose both these 2 legends along with a bunch of players.

I’m all for the regen but we need to keep some good heads around the club

FMD everyone leaving, is it just simply changing of the guard or is yze the reason?

Bit of both I reckon, there’s been murmurs of a riff in the coaching group for a while now

Someone described it as “may have the title senior coach but isn’t seen as senior coach”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bit of both I reckon, there’s been murmurs of a riff in the coaching group for a while now

Someone described it as “may have the title senior coach but isn’t seen as senior coach”

Could explain plenty

if only abbey gel wasnt rob gel's daughter , wouldve been perfect genes
Rob Gell? The weather presenter?
Abbey's surname is Gelmi

Fun fact, she's the grand daughter of Herb Elliott!

I think the 80's onwards is a bit of a different era. From there I agree Good players rarely (but not never) make good coaches.

So if we are just looking at the top 4 on your list:

Paul Roos, Chocco and Blighty, all can be viewed in two ways:
Positive - Always had teams contending (for the most part) and got the most out of thier lists
Negative - They all only won one flag each (not saying they are easy) with teams that where contending for long periods of time, so perhaps should have won more. So maybe they under-achieved.

Blighty's teams sh@t the bed in multiple GF's
Chocco's teams sh@t the bed in multiple Prelims
Roos teams were a free kick (to either Judd or Sampi) away from not winning anything

I personally think Paul Roos was massively overrated as a coach

Walls is just a c0ckhe@d , so I don't care about how good he may have been, fair to say his flags were bought by brown paper bags in the old carlton days, not his coaching
Blight coached two flags with a good side, but were massive under dogs in both 97-98.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was Adam Kingsley like as a player as he's one i can't remember much of? He played in the Port 2004 Premiership side.

Who said that?

any players that believe that, should be shown the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Assistant coaches 2025 - Blake Caracella Rejoins Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back