Senior Coach
Michael Voss

Assistant Coaches
Jade Rawlings
Beau McDonald

Gary O'Donnell
Shane Woewodin
Adrian Fletcher

This is not a strong group IMO. No one destined for 'greater things'. Time to get some old boys back - look at the Cats !!

I don't think our group was too bad really. We got some fresh guys in over the last 2 years with Woewodin and Rawlings, and getting GOD back. Beau has been awesome as ruck coach, he will be a key replacement. We have to attract a good experienced defensive coach to replace Rawlings though.

Rather bring in some new ideas, than get more of Voss's contemporaries.

Not sure about Brett Burton as fitness coach though. Would have liked a more experienced hand in that role, given our young list.

While it would be great to get some of our players back in the coaches box, I kinda agree it's best to get fresh faces. Having the likes of white, power, charmo etc in staffing roles is fine, but for genuine assistant coaches I think outside the club is the way to go.

It's also probably best for their coaching careers not to stay at the Lions anyway.

While it would be great to get some of our players back in the coaches box, I kinda agree it's best to get fresh faces. Having the likes of white, power, charmo etc in staffing roles is fine, but for genuine assistant coaches I think outside the club is the way to go.

It's also probably best for their coaching careers not to stay at the Lions anyway.

Fair point, just feel that getting that big fish will be difficult perhaps we need to think outside the box on this.

Would love to see some ex players return to the fold, Chris Johnson would be a great get, also if Richmond get Craig perhaps we can get Leppa back.

If we can somehow get White involved in the club again that would be massive.

CJ is working with the AFL at the moment, in an indigineous mentoring program (if my memory is correct).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article sounded promising. I do hope he chooses us over the fish bowls at Richmond and does a Leigh Matthews and moves away from a place that he has been in for a long time to put his time and effort elsewhere.

This is going to sound terrible but the Lions are a pretty good place to come to if you are an assistant with senior coach aspirations. Let's say the Lions jump up the ladder next year on the back of the development of our youngsters or a West Coast like grasp of modern tactics. If you are the newly arrived member of the coaching staff, rightly or wrongly you'll get a large proportion of the credit for that. If the Lions bomb out again, there's some chance that the Lions and Voss will part ways and your internal competitition for the top job isn't that strong. At worst on the latter scenario, you are 2 years away from having a crack at the senior job, assuming that the Lions will want Voss to deliver results by no later than 2013.

At worst on the latter scenario, you are 2 years away from having a crack at the senior job, assuming that the Lions will want Voss to deliver results by no later than 2013.

The primus scenario, fingers crossed that doesn't happen. Eitherway getting the right person is critical don't want another dan collins type situation, suppose we'll be lookin at someone from the dogs or demons as their could be a restructure.

Look at teams that have improved for some 'free IP' - WCE

David Teague would be my 1st choice - being a past dual grand finalist coach with the Northern Bullants in the VFL and current Eagles defensive coach - problem being he just started there in 2011 so I would think it would be most unlikely to break a current contract...

Scott Burns on the other hand, has just completed his 3rd year at the Eagles... - obviously, he will only be available if he does not receive a numero uno position, but he would be on top of my 'more realistic' wish list.

Scott Burns on the other hand, has just completed his 3rd year at the Eagles... - obviously, he will only be available if he does not receive a numero uno position, but he would be on top of my 'more realistic' wish list.

Him and Vossy have plenty to talk about. :D

A few of the Cats are going to retire this year. It would be worth considering which ones have coaching aspirations.

They have a few of our boys so it would be only fair if we grabbed one of them I think.:)
They all seem top blokes and players ,would be a great get with all their recent success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Assistant Coaches - wanted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back