Rumour ATTENTION *woop woop* Mitch Thorp Mega Thread ... Resist clicking that New Thread button

Remove this Banner Ad

Considdering we've just traded Fevola away, I'd be all for taking a punt. Any quality talls or young talls with potential should seriously be looked at, especially at this stage.

I don't know what his attitude is like, or how his body is holding up and I highly doubt anyone here would know either.

But if there's a time where we should look to take a punt I'd say this would be it (IF the other factors - injury, attitude, can be dealt with)

Not that I serve any benefit in telling you guys this, but Thorp had already been in full pre-season training before he got delisted. I think he's completely over his foot injury.

Not that I serve any benefit in telling you guys this, but Thorp had already been in full pre-season training before he got delisted. I think he's completely over his foot injury.
Is it just a case of the Hawks patience wearing thin with his attitude and him needing to get a wake up call, a la Fev?

Is it just a case of the Hawks patience wearing thin with his attitude and him needing to get a wake up call, a la Fev?
Well, someone said we did try to trade him in the trade week just ended but were unable to find a buyer. I guess that either means the price wasn't right or other clubs were scared off.

I find it very hard to believe we would simply delist him without a very good reason indeed. If it's his attitude then Carlton should IMO learn from it's experiences with Fev and Anguin and steer clear. If it's Thorp's body, he's still only 20. But if that were the case why wouldn't we keep him another year?

In any event if I were a Carlton supporter I'd rather leave Thorp to a club like Richmond who (let's face it) will basically take anyone no matter what their history.

The reason he left with a year is becoz he requested a trade but a deal could not be met. Hawthorn would have kepy him for another year but Thorpe left for more oppurtunities.

So he basically walked out while under contract? Hawks didn't have to let him go though, so they must have been happy to get rid of him.

Still puts him in the risky category.

Well, someone said we did try to trade him in the trade week just ended but were unable to find a buyer. I guess that either means the price wasn't right or other clubs were scared off.

I find it very hard to believe we would simply delist him without a very good reason indeed. If it's his attitude then Carlton should IMO learn from it's experiences with Fev and Anguin and steer clear. If it's Thorp's body, he's still only 20. But if that were the case why wouldn't we keep him another year?

In any event if I were a Carlton supporter I'd rather leave Thorp to a club like Richmond who (let's face it) will basically take anyone no matter what their history.

Agreed. I'm still a no as per earlier in the thread.

I might add though the kid is copping a pretty raw deal from just about everyone on here. He might well be a prick, arseh*le, nutjob, egomaniac and a hundred other things, but lets leave the personality profiling to those who actually have an association with him. The kid is only 20 and his football dream has turned into a bit of a nightmare (all relative considering he made $200K last year for not much effort). Wherever he ends up I hope he gets the guidance he needs to get the best out of himself.

Agreed. I'm still a no as per earlier in the thread.

I might add though the kid is copping a pretty raw deal from just about everyone on here. He might well be a prick, arseh*le, nutjob, egomaniac and a hundred other things, but lets leave the personality profiling to those who actually have an association with him. The kid is only 20 and his football dream has turned into a bit of a nightmare (all relative considering he made $200K last year for not much effort). Wherever he ends up I hope he gets the guidance he needs to get the best out of himself.

son of a.....

Things that make Kruzering Happy

1- Hawthorn took Thorp at pick 6......Joel Sewood was pick 7

2- We offered the Hawks Thornton for Thorp and they said...noway

Rumour is that Mitchell Thorpe has been delisted by the Hawks!

194cm/86kg - 2 games, 1 goal.

Is he worth a look?

86210313.jpg
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86446/default.aspx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Unfortunately, Mitch has been limited by injury in the first three years and as a consequence, has had little opportunity to play senior footy at Hawthorn,” recruiter Chris Pelchen said.“Mitch requested to be considered for a trade, but unfortunately this was not able to be achieved during trade week.
“After further consultation with Mitch and his management, we felt it was best for Mitch’s interests to seek a fresh start at another club.

That makes for very interesting reading.
He asked for a trade, but a deal couldn't be done...

Have let him go, as he does not want to be there.

Thorp is by far the best option for us in the PSD.

A Hawks supporter said earlier that he is fit and has been participating in the pre season training.

If this is true, Carlton should get on borad and all of a suuden we have 2 KPF under 21 in Henderson and Thorp, which would create a damaging combo in the years to come.

A much better prospect than Robbo, McPhee or anyone else in the PSD!

There's obviously going to be "issues" if a guy as talented as Thorp ends up in the PSD. But the point is the Blues need to make their own independent assessment of those issues and work out what's fixable. Way prefer we take a risk on a high talent player, rather than play it safe with a known, reliable but average footballer. We are building a team to win flags, and top-shelf talent is an essential ingredient. IF we managed to turn the guy's career around, we'd have another very talented KP forward, around the same age as Hendo and Kruezer. Definitely worth exploring at least. :)

Perhaps our third pick which is in the 50's.
That would do.

If the draft is as bad as they say it is - what have we got to lose?

A twin tower forward line of Thorp (provided he can get on the park) and Henderson would be something to look forward to.

Walker _____ Waite ____ Yarran

Betts _____ Henderson ____ Thorp

Guys we are commenting on this blokes "attitude" when we wouldn't know him from a bar of soap. He was drafted at pick 6 and hasn't been able to live up to his hype, but the positive is that he is only young and has plenty of football left in him. Another factor could perhaps be the fact that he was drafter into a team that has Cyril Rioli, Lance Franklin, Jarryd Roughhead and even Mark Williams in its foward line, now comeon tell me that would't be a hard bunch of blokes to beat to get in the 22. We could have all said Lachie Henderson had an attitude problem because he managed only a handful of games, but look at he was up against to get into the foward line. Open your eyes guys, don't judge a player by some rumours floating around, give him a go, he is our best option yet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour ATTENTION *woop woop* Mitch Thorp Mega Thread ... Resist clicking that New Thread button

Remove this Banner Ad

Back