Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I get wanting to go to Europe but the Dutch league is such a nothing league. None of our players that go there ever amount to anything or get moves to better leagues. They usually end up back in Australia after a couple of years.

I get wanting to go to Europe but the Dutch league is such a nothing league. None of our players that go there ever amount to anything or get moves to better leagues. They usually end up back in Australia after a couple of years.

It's an interesting league. The good is excellent and the bad is really bad.

It's recently been a good league for Ryan and Hrustic. Hrustic got his move the Bundesliga after where he won the Europa League with Frankfurt then on to the Serie A which was terrible. Going back further Oar, Holman, Emerton and Vidmar had good stints/careers there.

There have been a few failures too of course. Kuol at Volendam was awful but that was an example of a poor fit. That team was worse than AL level and after a coach change played a back 5 defensive deep block with no wide forwards, which was never going work for Kuol.

I think it's more about finding the right club fit. If you get that the Eredivisie is a good second tier Euro league.

It's exciting to see more AA in Europe. Weight of numbers a few will break through. My fingers crossed for Balard.

Any news if Josh Nisbet going overseas yet?

Someone on Reddit claimed to be close to him and said he is weighing up multiple offers from overseas and will make a decision in the next week or two as to where he is going.

Someone on Reddit claimed to be close to him and said he is weighing up multiple offers from overseas and will make a decision in the next week or two as to where he is going.

Any info on what leagues he has offers from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We used to have prem level GKs, now we have back up GKs. Australian soccer couldn't be in a worse position

There's plenty to like about Australian football right now. There are more Aussies in the big 5 leagues now than since the Mooy/Jedinak years.

Circati looks fantastic and will be starting in Serie A this year.

Irankunda looks a generational talent, albeit unrealised.

Bos is doing great in Belgium and is destined for bigger things.

Yengi looks like the most well rounded 9 we've had since Dukes and Championship is a good level. He's developing well.

Irvine will be starting in the Bundesliga.

I rate Robertson, I just wish he'd find another loan from City.

I don't like Ryans move, and I'd like to see some more moves before deadline day, but I think our national team is looking a lot stronger than it has in a while.

There's plenty to like about Australian football right now. There are more Aussies in the big 5 leagues now than since the Mooy/Jedinak years.

Circati looks fantastic and will be starting in Serie A this year.

Irankunda looks a generational talent, albeit unrealised.

Bos is doing great in Belgium and is destined for bigger things.

Yengi looks like the most well rounded 9 we've had since Dukes and Championship is a good level. He's developing well.

Irvine will be starting in the Bundesliga.

I rate Robertson, I just wish he'd find another loan from City.

I don't like Ryans move, and I'd like to see some more moves before deadline day, but I think our national team is looking a lot stronger than it has in a while.
So basically a whole shit load of fingers crossed and hope for better. Sounds great 👍

Yengis moving up from an on ok season in league 1 so way unproven he's even decent, Irakunda could easily be another Amini, Robertson also played well in league 1, still far from a good talent. **** all really

We used to have prem level GKs, now we have back up GKs. Australian soccer couldn't be in a worse position

Brighton turfing him when he was good for them stuffed him. Then his idiotic decision to go to Arsenal as a backup instead of finding somewhere to start cost him even more.

Brighton turfing him when he was good for them stuffed him. Then his idiotic decision to go to Arsenal as a backup instead of finding somewhere to start cost him even more.
They had a better goalkeeper, an his career post hasn't exactly proved them wrong

So basically a whole shit load of fingers crossed and hope for better. Sounds great 👍

Yengis moving up from an on ok season in league 1 so way unproven he's even decent, Irakunda could easily be another Amini, Robertson also played well in league 1, still far from a good talent. **** all really

Oh yeah I forgot that Australia 'soccer' has never been in a worse position because our ageing goal keeper is winding down his career. There's plenty to like at the moment if you pay attention.

Oh yeah I forgot that Australia 'soccer' has never been in a worse position because our ageing goal keeper is winding down his career. There's plenty to like at the moment if you pay attention.
You're reasons for it being in a good position are hope at best. A bunch of blokes with no achievements you're guaranteeing going to the top. Guessing your 20 years old and never seen this before.
Even countries like Georgia have a couple of world class players meanwhile we have half a squad of Scottish prem and league 1 players lol and our future is golden because one bloke has gone to Bayern and must be the next coming of god.
Not like we haven't had that before.

Football is way more even around the world now. Having a cohesive squad is far more important than a few players in the ‘big 5’.

You're reasons for it being in a good position are hope at best. A bunch of blokes with no achievements you're guaranteeing going to the top. Guessing your 20 years old and never seen this before.
Even countries like Georgia have a couple of world class players meanwhile we have half a squad of Scottish prem and league 1 players lol and our future is golden because one bloke has gone to Bayern and must be the next coming of god.
Not like we haven't had that before.

There was more to my post than that and I was only touching on a few points of optimism. But go and cherry pick and try to demean instead. I'm sure it will add to your argument.

Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back