Australia v India - pre series discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Have just read that Warner has put hand up to play test cricket again,please nooooooo if this is true.

I’ll take it if the alternative is Harris

Yeah I can see the argument and I would love to see it happen and all the points you make are valid...but I just don't think its going to happen ....my point is Cummins and McDonald are too conservative for me I just don't think they would be that bold

Saying that....if green dog was fit IMHO I reckon head would've opened this series with smudge going down batting 4/5 with greenie.....but unfortunately greenie is injured :(

Inglis is in terrific form but as I said before reckon he will make his test debut in Sri Lankan as he is a gun against spin

But saying that......lol I'm rambling a bit....if he keeps tonning up you never know....demand selection

also if we are looking for another middle order role Mcsweeny is in the Frame as well
McSweeney has the redback stench on him. It's hard to fix that!

Have just read that Warner has put hand up to play test cricket again,please nooooooo if this is true.
"I'll answer an SOS if needed"

He's such a twat

I'd answer an SOS from Margot Robbie too, Davie. Won't happen

It's like when people who were never in contention for a coaching job rule themselves out. Garry Neville rules out coaching Liverpool. OK, so I too have ruled the option out!

Inglis having a scorcher

O’rourke getting a pile of wickets

Haaland probably best striker in the world

What a time to be a pom

When doesn’t Bancroft and his ugly technique look awful?
Well its worked for the past 2 summers Luke...

Atm he just looks awful can't hit it off the square....worst I have ever seen him bat

The pressure has mentality got to him spot opens up pressure to score runs and he is failing spectacularly

Its sad to watch actually ...mentally cooked

Well its worked for the past 2 summers Luke...

Atm he just looks awful can't hit it off the square....worst I have ever seen him bat

The pressure has mentality got to him spot opens up pressure to score runs and he is failing spectacularly

Its sad to watch actually ...mentally cooked
Not helped by the fact that the bowlers dont want him in the team.

You are right Lp.

But between Harris and Bancroft im picking Bancroft purely on fielding

All three of the mediocre trio are just that. Renshaw and Bancroft won’t drop many in the field though. Honestly I said I’d never do it but stuff it Lab can open Inglis comes in or McSweeney not fussed. Play to our strengths.

This is assuming Konstas doesn’t belt a ton in the A game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith looks cooked to me but harder to get out than in the test side.
From debut to end of 2019 he was a man with no peers in many respects. A generational batsman.
Average of 63 with 26 centuries.

Since coming back to earth and back to the pack since covid he still averages 45, has 6 centuries and 19/37 innings have gone past 50 runs.

Still not the biggest issue to fix. This summer will be the summer of the opener.
Whoever they pick will get a stiff examination from India's quicks, and if successful will be our opener for next years Ashes.

I just hope they pick anyone but Bancroft.

Bancroft scores runs when he has no hope of getting selected in the test side, due to Warner and Uzzie....now a spot comes up, and he can't buy a run.....think that is the fella to a tee sadly.

Bancroft scores runs when he has no hope of getting selected in the test side, due to Warner and Uzzie....now a spot comes up, and he can't buy a run.....think that is the fella to a tee sadly.

Bancroft is too grindy for my liking, strike rate of 30 is the norm for him.. I like someone that can score abit faster.

From debut to end of 2019 he was a man with no peers in many respects. A generational batsman.
Average of 63 with 26 centuries.

Since coming back to earth and back to the pack since covid he still averages 45, has 6 centuries and 19/37 innings have gone past 50 runs.

Still not the biggest issue to fix. This summer will be the summer of the opener.
Whoever they pick will get a stiff examination from India's quicks, and if successful will be our opener for next years Ashes.

I just hope they pick anyone but Bancroft.

45 post Covid is still pretty good.. I thought it would be worse then that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia v India - pre series discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back