Australia will grow to like Tony Abbott as PM

Remove this Banner Ad

i'm just using his own government's understanding of immigration.
its clearly safe for abbott to return to the UK as the second world war has finished so i'm fairly sure his god wants him to stay there.

Yep, and I'm fairly sure that the Australian taxpayer funded his trip to speak, "on behalf of his adopted country as the offspring of refugees'.

Now is the time to stay at home Tone. Things are safe in the Old Dart.

We did you a favour and paid for your ticket back home...just like all those awesomely lucky Syrian refugees.

Perhaps he can snuggle up with the Greek SIR Phil and have a giggle at all those filthy colonials?

Now is the time to stay at home Tone. Things are safe in the Old Dart.

We did you a favour and paid for your ticket back home...just like all those awesomely lucky Syrian refugees.
He's already a british citizen. He was born in england before 1983.
Perhaps we should strip his Aus citizenship? His loyalties always seem to have been to something global he calls the "anglosphere" or something localised to the House of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha.

Last edited:
Abbott should look at the latest polls and see how great a turn around has happened since he got the heave ho. Instead of now trying to rewrite history he should shut up and never be seen again. LNP will be thanking the back stabbers and IMO are a big show at the next election.

Abbott should look at the latest polls and see how great a turn around has happened since he got the heave ho. Instead of now trying to rewrite history he should shut up and never be seen again. LNP will be thanking the back stabbers and IMO are a big show at the next election.

He's behaving just like Rudd. They cant see anything but their own ego. The common denominator here is that they're both pig headed, holier than though bible bashers.

Both pathetic & both dangerous.

He's behaving just like Rudd. They cant see anything but their own ego. The common denominator here is that they're both pig headed, holier than though bible bashers.

Both pathetic & both dangerous.

And to think some of the righties on here were saying how Abort had too much class to do what Rudd did.

A big show at the next election! You might as well call them off. Turnbull is home. Even if it is without my vote.

And to think some of the righties on here were saying how Abort had too much class to do what Rudd did.

They'd obviously forgotten how Tone originally knifed Turnbull in 2009 to become Opposition Leader. It wasn't dethroning a sitting Prime Minister, but still.

Knifey knifey...

They'd obviously forgotten how Tone originally knifed Turnbull in 2009 to become Opposition Leader. It wasn't dethroning a sitting Prime Minister, but still.

Knifey knifey...

Live by it, etc, etc.

Thats the nature of our stupid adversarial, party based parliamentary system. Is destructive & hardly bothers to waste time managing the country.

Knifey knifey...

It wasn't Tony that did Malcolm in back in 2009. It was Joe Hockey but he later blinked when he said it be a conscience vote on a ETS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we really need to be their? I know the pollies get a hardon when they sit with the big boys. But really, aren't we just going to nod in furious agreement with the USA anyway?

It'll save on catering costs at least.
Maybe it's a good thing. It means we can't just promise troops or act tough, because we aren't part of the deal making process.

Abbott should look at the latest polls and see how great a turn around has happened since he got the heave ho. Instead of now trying to rewrite history he should shut up and never be seen again.

Australia owes a big debt of gratitude to him and Howard for staring down the noisy squadron of sans-culottes and their incessant demands for open borders.

Maybe it's a good thing. It means we can't just promise troops or act tough, because we aren't part of the deal making process.

Australia could send troops/ assistance tomorrow if it wanted to.

Australia owes a big debt of gratitude to him and Howard for staring down the noisy squadron of sans-culottes and their incessant demands for open borders.

Australia could send troops/ assistance tomorrow if it wanted to.

In your opinion, I'm glad to see the back of him like most of the population, he did fa for this country except make us inward looking bomb people just like Howard did and we can all sit back and see how that's panned out.

In your opinion, I'm glad to see the back of him like most of the population, he did fa for this country except make us inward looking bomb people just like Howard did and we can all sit back and see how that's panned out.

As if stopping mass illegal immigration is akin to making us inward looking. We should be grateful we don't have the massive problem that France has.

Howard and Abbott helped ensure we don't. There are those intelligent enough to understand that and those that aren't.

As if stopping mass illegal immigration is akin to making us inward looking. We should be grateful we don't have the massive problem that France has.

Howard and Abbott helped ensure we don't. There are those intelligent enough to understand that and those that aren't.

If we would've kept out of there in the first place the refugees would be a lot smaller problem, those of that are intelligent enough to see that reliase the problems started by bombing the crap out sovereign nations.

If we would've kept out of there in the first place the refugees would be a lot smaller problem, those of that are intelligent enough to see that reliase the problems started by bombing the crap out sovereign nations.

This all gets back to the US & sycophantic countries like our own, going on with the blind support of Israel doing what it likes in other peoples land. The treatment of the Palestinians has been akin to what the Jews themselves had been treated like. The destruction or Iraq was a direct assault on the perceived enemies of Israel. The US ME policy has always been 'act first, think later'. Wanting to destroy Iraqi & Syrian leaders has solved one problem but created an even worse mess for more people in the ME. Its done nothing for the security of Israel. It never was. Removing illegal settlements will ease a root cause of the current foment. Giving the Palestinians a homeland is the second thing to do. Its just a pity that the rabid right prevail in Israel & they influence the US as much as they do. Its just another religiously based problem that adds to the cocktail of woes we have at the moment.

This all gets back to the US & sycophantic countries like our own, going on with the blind support of Israel doing what it likes in other peoples land. The treatment of the Palestinians has been akin to what the Jews themselves had been treated like. The destruction or Iraq was a direct assault on the perceived enemies of Israel. The US ME policy has always been 'act first, think later'. Wanting to destroy Iraqi & Syrian leaders has solved one problem but created an even worse mess for more people in the ME. Its done nothing for the security of Israel. It never was. Removing illegal settlements will ease a root cause of the current foment. Giving the Palestinians a homeland is the second thing to do. Its just a pity that the rabid right prevail in Israel & they influence the US as much as they do. Its just another religiously based problem that adds to the cocktail of woes we have at the moment.

I have no question that the creation of Israel based on race and religion was a bad move but the solution you propose is to create another state based on race and religion. Surely repeating the same will achieve the same result?

Perhaps the promotion of equality and integration is a better solution than division and a little more 21st century?

Live by it, etc, etc.

Thats the nature of our stupid adversarial, party based parliamentary system. Is destructive & hardly bothers to waste time managing the country.

Knifing leaders is less idiotic than voting out Governments which are performing spectacularly, economically, just for the sake of change.
Happened to Labor under Keating and Libs under Howard.
The voting public are for the most part, idiots.
As my Grandfather would say....ya wouldn't feed em and ya wouldn't piss on em if they were on fire.

This chroncally underestimated politician is on the verge of being our next Prime Minister. And one of the more frustrating things out there in voting-land is hearing comments such as "Oh I can't stand Abbott." It's so ignorant, and shows litle understanding of the man. He was laughed at when he became oppositon leader because Labor though they would trounce him. He always proves people wrong. And for those doubting his effectivness as PM, he will prove them wrong too. And the public will eventually see him for what he is: A deeply principled, highly intelligent, man of convicton.

I like Abbott, and I always have. I think he will grow to become one of Australia most popular Prime Ministers. His personal, intellectual and moral calibre, combined with his ministerial experience, has the makings of a great prime minister IMO.

Consider his Background. He was a student leader, a ladies man, liked a drink, was a top sportsman and also a Rhodes scholar at Oxford. Oh, and and a journalist. He then settles down to become a long-term married suburban guy with a mortgage.

Since he became opposiiton leader, he has been remarkably discipliend, but before he becamse opposition leader he was prone to a public confession, or a verbal slip-up. That's okay. It's a welcome change from the "calculated concealment" you often see among politicians. There is nothing phony about him. What you see is what you get. Even his detractors will admit this.

The reaosn I think the country will grow to like him, is because he has conviction, courage and intelligence. I honestly don't think he is easily swayed by fashionable opinion about anything. He believes in what he believes in. He's not some right-wing nutter. That's total crap. He bases his convictions on reasoned, measured argument.

Take his convictions. Around the time of all the ETS talk it was regarded as political suicide to oppose anything to do with climate change. He took on the journalists, the business community, the ALP and even members of his own party over the emissions trading scheme. And he won. Many thought his his opposition to the ETS would wipe out the Liberals. But by highlighting the dangers of creating a permanent bureaucracy of huge cost and size he called Kevin Rudd's bluff. It foced Labor into a policy retreat. He totally owned Rudd. And he has totally owned Gillard too.

He is going to single-handedly bring down two Labor Prime Ministers.

But what I really like is his character and decency. He has no enemies at all in the Liberal party. He has worked hard and been loyal for years and years and that loyalty hs been rewarded. Yes, I'm sure there are ambitious types - like Turnbull - who want to lead the country, but that doesn't make him an enemy. Abbott has no enemies.

So, if you agree with me, tell me why you like Tony Abbott, and why you think the country will grow to like and respect him.
Bumped for a chuckle. Thanks to Gough for the reminder in another thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia will grow to like Tony Abbott as PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back