Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

$11m USD, say $5.5m after tax = $8.1m AUD. It sucks that they have to move and change, but people do it for a lot less than that.

Yeah, I’d prefer they didn’t have to, especially with their boy.

But this isn’t some great tragedy. And if it was so bad, he could plonk himself in an NBL team or go back working as an accountant. It’s a choice they’ve made and this is the downside.

No, he hasn’t. Our offense was so much more fluid under Lemanis, so much action, helped that we had Bogut to work off.

I’d consider running Giddey off the low block, using his passing to get looks for our shooters and cutting action. I just don’t think him talking the air out of the ball at the point suits this team.

I saw a breakdown on Giddey from a bulls fan post trade and essentially he was saying what you’re saying but from the elbow with a live dribble.

That gives you:

Giddey iso (yuck)
Giddey PnR (ok, leading into a missed floater, but if it falls ok)
He has the entire half-court in front of him to hit cutters or movement shooters coming off pin-downs.

Giddey’s handle is pretty crap so get someone else to bring it up (Dante?) against pressing D.

I’d also consider playing Duop and Landale together to keep the opponents guessing who the on and off-ball screens are coming from, who is popping etc. Assuming Jock can take FIBA distance 3s.

Throw in a movement shooter and defender and that’s your Giddey line up. Either that or have non-bigs setting screens.

It’s still heavily reliant on Giddey’s shots falling but it’s probably the best option you’re going to get.

Yeah, I’d prefer they didn’t have to, especially with their boy.

But this isn’t some great tragedy. And if it was so bad, he could plonk himself in an NBL team or go back working as an accountant. It’s a choice they’ve made and this is the downside.
Yeah, he chose to take the deal with Minny, i'm sure he could have staid at Orlando if he was willing to take less.

Yeah, he chose to take the deal with Minny, i'm sure he could have staid at Orlando if he was willing to take less.
Your a long time retired when it comes to professional sport, I guess its about building up ready for the post career stretch that will become important for Joe and his family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calling it now, that no. 51 for China is a future star.

Most impressive youngster in one of these series since a young Steve Nash.

Reads the play on both ends extremely well

Gaze has Cooks as a lock, hmmm.

I don’t like that either.

Sure he’s a hustle guy who will make good hustle plays now and then, but overall he’s a bad fit with our players.

We’re taking 12 players (I think) and the vast majority of them are already hustle players.

Taking cooks would be like adding a 7th wheel to your motorcycle cause it’s a nice wheel and complaining it doesn’t go fast cause you left the engine at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back