Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thon looked good again today. Shooting around 55% on threes is pretty amazing. That's on something like 27 shots as well so it's not a real small sample size. The good thing about it is he doesn't get phased with big bodies coming at him. His shot is very relaxed. I think (hope) he'll be a star

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found my first Ben Simmons jersey the other day by chance. In Malaysia of all places. I was very surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEn Simmons return pushed back as his foot hasn't 100% healed. Get yo shit together philly.

How is it automatically the team's fault?

It could just be taking longer than first expected, or he might be a slow healer, or might not be giving 100% to his rehab. Who knows?

Thon went to my high school he was year 8 and a lil bit of year 9. He left and went to Aranmore HS and graduated. Suddenly a year after he left and went to Sydney, re appeared as a 14 year old prodigy. His agent has also done this before with kids who are easy to fraudulently change their age due to their country of origin.

Here is his photo.

H5LZnbL.jpg

Thon went to my high school he was year 8 and a lil bit of year 9. He left and went to Aranmore HS and graduated. Suddenly a year after he left and went to Sydney, re appeared as a 14 year old prodigy. His agent has also done this before with kids who are easy to fraudulently change their age due to their country of origin.

Here is his photo.

H5LZnbL.jpg

Yeah people don't care

Yeah people don't care
What he said.

The bucks have $12 million and a top 10 pick riding on Thon. I'm pretty sure their due diligence is better than your story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it automatically the team's fault?

It could just be taking longer than first expected, or he might be a slow healer, or might not be giving 100% to his rehab. Who knows?

When a team consistently has injuries that take longer than expected then attention should be directed towards the team rather than the player. It isn't an isolated event but a trend established over a number of years.

That may not be fair but it's a reasonable assumption given their recent history.

When a team consistently has injuries that take longer than expected then attention should be directed towards the team rather than the player. It isn't an isolated event but a trend established over a number of years.

That may not be fair but it's a reasonable assumption given their recent history.
From what i can find on google, his next scan is this Thursday? How do we know he's not healed properly?

It might be less the sixers messing up recoveries, and more the sixers just being very very conservative. Losing a few games on the back end of the season won't diminish the positives from the season, but will improve their draft odds after all...

From what i can find on google, his next scan is this Thursday? How do we know he's not healed properly?

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba-...partially-unhealed/1vmiztavyo44g1kjd8c0cgufum

Not saying it's true but this article was posted feb 16. The next one doesn't help either

Beleaguered Philadelphia coach Brett Brown on Ben Simmons: 'We do expect him to play this year'

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/beleag...o-expect-him-to-play-this-year-193519322.html

Last edited:
I find it strange the one piece of evidence is a blurry pic of a book that no actually seems to have a copy of, and second hand stories, yet a passport is discounted...
It's definitely true, I know a lot of people who went to Aranmore as well as work with someone who was a teacher there (although a random person on the internet telling you this probably isn't concrete for you either)

Still, I'd say the Bucks likely knew.

It's definitely true, I know a lot of people who went to Aranmore as well as work with someone who was a teacher there (although a random person on the internet telling you this probably isn't concrete for you either)

Still, I'd say the Bucks likely knew.

Or when he first arrived in Australia someone guessed his aged to be older than he actually is given his height, and thats how they determined his year at school at aranmore.
A lot of refugees have unclear ages and birthdates, and without his actual birth certificate you can't ever be sure with someone that old. (You can use scans of growth plates to get a more accurate age in younger children).
Also, im pretty sure i saw numbers that Thon was/is still growing over the last couple of years - which is unlikely if he was already in his 20's.

And i will say this: Mutombo faced rumours about his age all of his career - and yet he still played until 40. Do people really think he was going out there as a 45-50 year old?

When he was dunking on kids in Perth local rec centre, had a chat with him, he said he was 13 which corresponded to him being in year 8 at the time (which he was). His english is good.

When he was dunking on kids in Perth local rec centre, had a chat with him, he said he was 13 which corresponded to him being in year 8 at the time (which he was). His english is good.
I umpired Jon Hay (ex Hawk) when he was in year 9 and he was dunking in games. He's nowhere near as tall as Thon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back