Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

nick kay based on years of service for the asian cup?
Honestly I’m stumped to the point where I think Thybulle has picked up a mystery injury and Kay was his late replacement.

Not knocking Delly at all, but there is no reason to have both him and Daniels. Should’ve been Goulding (or you know the super obvious lock in Thybulle).

Last edited:

Also, Goulding is weird. Why even play him last night? He was good so if that doesn't get him in why not rest him with the others?

I just find Daniels, Delly and Mills too many limited guards.

better squad than I thought, assuming Thybulle injured. Cooks not making it was a nice surprise.

Reality is if Daniels/Goulding/Delly types at end of bench were getting minutes we are probably in trouble so a bit meh on whoever they chose from that group.

better squad than I thought, assuming Thybulle injured. Cooks not making it was a nice surprise.

Reality is if Daniels/Goulding/Delly types at end of bench were getting minutes we are probably in trouble so a bit meh on whoever they chose from that group.
Foxsports is reporting injury for Matisse as the reason for his omission

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question. Why do you think they took Magnay? Not sure what he brings to the team and whether he's up to this level

Defensive big. Landale and Reath both poor defensively, plus Reath likely to play a lot at 4 means makes more sense than Cooks. Also a good rebounder.

Also security given Landales had some injuries. If he or Reath went down it would have meant Kay playing minutes at 5 and the guy has skills but is about as athletic as me and would be murdered as undersized 5. Makes a lot more sense than taking both Delly and Daniels.

Serious question. Why do you think they took Magnay? Not sure what he brings to the team and whether he's up to this level
Because the last few world cups and olympics we have been exposed by international big bruisers. You can't take just Landale and Reath.

12th man, literally our biggest body in our least deep position.

3-4 minutes a half to soak up some fouls and bumps, but also to have a big available if/when the other bigs get into foul trouble.

Germany were too big for us last time out.

1720143570288.png

looks like they have gone Delly/Daniels over my Thybulle/Goulding.

I don't think we need another ball handler with limited range and down at 11th man you're looking for a point of difference. Goulding should have been in.

Thybulle is a better defender than Daniels.

So Thybulle has to have broken a leg or something… Right? No Goulding weird too.

Yeah no Matisse is a weird one. Guess they think they have enough wing defense between Green and Exum, and they'll occasionally knock in a 3 that Thybulle wouldn't?

And yep I probably would have taken Goulding, hope McVeigh stays as hot as he was in the China game 1.

Magnay another one I wasn't expecting but I get it, we haven't got many big bodies.

View attachment 2038993

looks like they have gone Delly/Daniels over my Thybulle/Goulding.

I don't think we need another ball handler with limited range and down at 11th man you're looking for a point of difference. Goulding should have been in.

Thybulle is a better defender than Daniels.

Yeah i agree. Assuming McVeigh is going to get huge minutes throughout. As our team comp with pure outside shooting is pretty limited otherwise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back