Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

better squad than I thought, assuming Thybulle injured. Cooks not making it was a nice surprise.

Reality is if Daniels/Goulding/Delly types at end of bench were getting minutes we are probably in trouble so a bit meh on whoever they chose from that group.
Goulding at least can light it up in a hurry, and has done so at this level in the past.

Yeah no Matisse is a weird one. Guess they think they have enough wing defense between Green and Exum, and they'll occasionally knock in a 3 that Thybulle wouldn't?

And yep I probably would have taken Goulding, hope McVeigh stays as hot as he was in the China game 1.

Magnay another one I wasn't expecting but I get it, we haven't got many big bodies.
If he's not injured struggles to make sense. He's the one who can play as a four against some teams due to his strength. Would have taken him over Daniels.

Serious question. Why do you think they took Magnay? Not sure what he brings to the team and whether he's up to this level

As others have said, he’s our only defensive big.

We need a big at least for a few minutes here and there, otherwise landale and reath will have to play massive minutes all tournament.

He doesn’t even need to be great, just keeping them fresh will be a huge asset to us.

Magnay could score zero points the whole gig and the upside of a not beaten down and destroyed landale / reath come the pointy end is far more valuable than any other 12th man could give us.

Gooj actually got this right. I suspect magney only got the gig once Matisse went out tho.

As others have said, he’s our only defensive big.

We need a big at least for a few minutes here and there, otherwise landale and reath will have to play massive minutes all tournament.

He doesn’t even need to be great, just keeping them fresh will be a huge asset to us.

Magnay could score zero points the whole gig and the upside of a not beaten down and destroyed landale / reath come the pointy end is far more valuable than any other 12th man could give us.

Gooj actually got this right. I suspect magney only got the gig once Matisse went out tho.
Will take a while to forget Tobey carving us up when we paid Slovenia. Magnay has a legit show at slowing that level player.

Magnay & Kay seems excessive
Seems bizarre that one isn’t Thybulle.

Having a look around Twitter it appears Thybulle genuinely got cut, as much as I’m hoping there is more too it.

Must admit has our mens team ever been this deep ? Exciting times ahead with the likes of Proctor , Furphy , Zikarsky coming through

Among many others im possibly not aware of. Hoping we have some shooters coming through

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must admit has our mens team ever been this deep ? Exciting times ahead with the likes of Proctor , Furphy , Zikarsky coming through

Among many others im possibly not aware of. Hoping we have some shooters coming through
Dash Daniels. Roman Siulepa coming up behind them as well.

We will start seeing legit good players not making squads. Good position to be in.

Also a needed postion given Canada and France especially are going to be loaded as well moving forward. Getting harder and harder to medal.

We will start seeing legit good players not making squads. Good position to be in.

Also a needed postion given Canada and France esepcially are going to be loaded as well moving forward. Getting harder and harder to medal.
I think there is a very good chance that this is the last time that the ‘best’ USA team is good enough to get it done in the way they expect to. France could be unstoppable by 2028/2032.

Also a needed postion given Canada and France especially are going to be loaded as well moving forward. Getting harder and harder to medal.

Oh of course Dash , being a bendigo boy myself!

May just be my interest peaking from the NBA last few years with Giddey going in. But gosh some of the squads have some legit talent. Germany is a scary proposition again. Serbia also. As you mentioned Canada is crazy good and France with Wemby and co

I think there is a very good chance that this is the last time that the ‘best’ USA team is good enough to get it done in the way they expect to. France could be unstoppable by 2028/2032.
Oh of course Dash , being a bendigo boy myself!

May just be my interest peaking from the NBA last few years with Giddey going in. But gosh some of the squads have some legit talent. Germany is a scary proposition again. Serbia also. As you mentioned Canada is crazy good and France with Wemby and co
USA will need to go back to when they had a squad of players that played together every tournament for several cycles. Just patching a team together of those that want to play a month before a World Cup/Olympics is going to make it very hard against teams where the cores have played together for years.

Germany, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Spain, all these countries and more are very good. The France/Canada teams though could be next level if they all develop and play consistently together. USA wouldn't have an athleticism advantage over them at all.

USA will need to go back to when they had a squad of players that played together every tournament for several cycles. Just patching a team together of those that want to play a month before a World Cup/Olympics is going to make it very hard against teams where the cores have played together for years.

Germany, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Spain, all these countries and more are very good. The France/Canada teams though could be next level if they all develop and play consistently together. USA wouldn't have an athleticism advantage over them at all.
I saw a clip of Wemby and Gobert defending the paint together the other day.

Let’s just say, for those complaining about the Magnay selection - we’ll need all the size we can get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back