Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit has our mens team ever been this deep ? Exciting times ahead with the likes of Proctor , Furphy , Zikarsky coming through

Among many others im possibly not aware of. Hoping we have some shooters coming through

Proctor is just more of what we have ,

Fear dash and suilepa might be the same but at least lots of depth / they come through at an age when exum and green will be advancing in years.

Furphy and zikarsky are the big ones for us. Both fill massive needs and also allow us to run different lineups.

Alex Ducas, toohey , Alex Condon (if he stays with bball?) Harry wessells are other guys of interest.

Also Josh bannan , pepper , Robertson, olbrich henschall maybe depending on how they develop could present as good depth options / options to fill out needed skill sets.

I’m sure I’m missing others.

Fear dash and suilepa might be the same but at least lots of depth / they come through at an age when exum and green will be advancing in years.

Furphy and zikarsky are the big ones for us. Both fill massive needs and also allow us to run different lineups.

Alex Ducas, toohey , Alex Condon (if he stays with bball?) Harry wessells are other guys of interest.

Also Josh bannan , pepper , Robertson, olbrich henschall maybe depending on how they develop could present as good depth options / options to fill out needed skill sets.

Love this , thanks heaps for the run down.

Ducas was one i had heard of a year or so ago as i might have even asked on here what shooters we have coming through. Just looked him up now and see he is with the thunder on a 2 way , interesting!

Annoyingly we’re developing a lot of good players and no great players.

Would kill to develop one or two actual stars.

We’ve had enough high end prospects come through, we’ve had 5+ first rounders drafted in the last few years.

Don’t know what BA is doing that none of them ever develop into shooters.

We’ve had enough high end prospects come through, we’ve had 5+ first rounders drafted in the last few years.

With my experience of seeing my niece go through the Junior ranks. I feel the pure talent are often overlooked for who you know when it comes to squads and rep teams. Assuming these players neglected drop off to other sports with the continuous let down of not how good you are or the performances you have, but who you know.

Hopefully Furphy continues to develop as a shooter, otherwise he could possibly end up being more of the same.

I have a fair bit of faith in Siulepa. Something about him is different.

Dash is pretty similar to Dyson from what I’ve seen.

Zikarsky will obviously be crucial.

Why is Australia unable to produce a shot creator?? All our guys seem the same, great D, good team guys, some can hit an outside shot but we don’t seem to produce shot creating scorers…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Australia unable to produce a shot creator?? All our guys seem the same, great D, good team guys, some can hit an outside shot but we don’t seem to produce shot creating scorers…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t know.

At this point there’s far too big a sample size to argue it’s coincidental.

Yeah he mightve saved himself with that last quarter. Was invisible before that tho
Ingles, who I thought was past it was our best most creative passer.
Patty mills was bad..really bad. He'll go tho so hopefully he can start hitting shots
Both goulding and mcveigh should go. Before this series I didn't think either should.
Unsure on magnay. They looked for him a bit,usually in heaps of traffic. He doesn't seem a very clean ,one touch player but he also wasn't set up great. Can't hurt to have another big body to throw around tho
Can't wait for rocco to be ready

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree totally with everything you said especially about Goulding and McVeigh. I didn't have Goulding in my initial Olympic team but geez we need as much shooting as possible is now my view.

Magnay will get good minutes, when Goorj inevitably benches Duop in the fourth.
Oh shit thats right haha. Surely someone has been in his ear, couldn't possibly happen again.

Since when is Daniels a PG? I can’t say I’ve ever really seen him run a team but feels like he’s going to get some exposure to this in Paris.
Yeah Exum will (well, should imo) play more minutes at the 1 than Daniels will

I don’t know.

At this point there’s far too big a sample size to argue it’s coincidental.
What may have been if Kyrie and family had lived in Aus for longer.

That type of player, obvouisly not even at that level, we just haven't been able to find, other than Paddy Mills, who conicedentally went off and won us our first medal.

So if that’s the 12, how do we line them up?

Giddey/Daniels/Dellavedova
Exum/Mills
Green/McVeigh/Ingles
Landale/Kay
Reath/Magnay
I believe Delly will be the backup guard who will play mainly when Mills is on the court. Mills and Giddey can’t be on the court at same time like we saw at the WC.

Hate HATE that Delly is back up PG. He was awful last Olympics.
Thought the 2023 World Cup squad was close to what it would be this year.
Just prepared for a low finish again this year.

Tbf, Delly was coming off a serious neck and concussion injuries. Agreed he was poor and probably shouldn’t have been there as he wasn’t fit but that’s not the case now.

On another topic, it’s crazy that the Opals have their prep without their head coach, that’s fair from ideal.

While it doesn't explain poor shooting I do think there is a mindset in Australia where it's all about team first. It makes us competitive against star filled teams internationally because everyone is built team first but it's probably why we don't develop stars. The US system is all about dictating to the best player which is why often they have so many stars in my opinion as the selfishness and self confidence is encouraged but why the best role players are often international.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back