Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Doncic at the olympics. By the look of it, he can go back to spending the rest of the off-season with Zion. campaigner looked like he’d put on 5kg since the end of the season
Looking likely we’ll have to deal with Giannis instead.

I don’t know what our answer to that dilemma is…

The comments on the Boomers and Basketball Aus social media are pretty hilarious. I can almost guarantee you any post in the last couple of days the top comment is Thybulle related.

They just put out a feel good video of the moment McVeigh and Magnay got told they were in (which did hit the feels pretty good I must say) and the top comment was “can we see the video where you told Thybulle he was cut?”

The comments on the Boomers and Basketball Aus social media are pretty hilarious. I can almost guarantee you any post in the last couple of days the top comment is Thybulle related.

They just put out a feel good video of the moment McVeigh and Magnay got told they were in (which did hit the feels pretty good I must say) and the top comment was “can we see the video where you told Thybulle he was cut?”

I don't agree with him being cut out but **** me they're making it out like we've cut Jordan. On form he was likely not to be in starting or finishing 5 regardless of who was coaching.

"That was part of the discussion when you had Matisse's position. You have four people in that role of the defender, running the floor, putting pressure on the ball; we just felt like we had to make the move on one."
Goorjian added: "Going to that room and doing those five cuts that whole week; something [is] in your gut that's worse than the pressure of actually playing. It's guys you're attached to, and guys you care about, and NBA players. It was really tough."

It’s not like they didn’t go into camp knowing what kind of player Thybulle is, or the excess we have. Still really weird he didn’t play game 2.

Not loving the many references to Giddey having the ball in his hands, keep that thing zinging around, don’t take the air out of it.

I mean what he's said makes sense in terms of similar players, just struggling to see how Daniels is a better option than Thybulle at this stage of their careers.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. We are going to be up against it.

We're in the toughest group by far...

What in the everloving **** is that group!?

Gonna be a quick trip to Paris :(

Horrible group.
Big trouble with Matisse.

What is absolutely clear and evident is that BG knows/knew we are not getting out of the group, so wanted to save Matisse the time and trouble of attending.

It would not surprise me Boomers top the group.

We play Spain at the best time, Greece rely on one player who struggles in the FIBA game due to lack of space and Canada are known to fail at big tournaments like the Olympics.

Boomers play the best when we are the underdogs!

I mean what he's said makes sense, just struggling to see how Daniels is a better option than Thybulle at this stage of their careers.
Daniels is too slight to help on SGA and Giannis. Thybulle was a credible chance of standing up a little bit against both despite them being different types of players and sizes. We will regret not taking him. Especially over Delly.

It would not surprise me Boomers top the group.

We play Spain at the best time, Greece rely on one player who struggles in the FIBA game due to lack of space and Canada are known to fail at big tournaments like the Olympics.

Boomers play the best when we are the

it wouldnt surprise me if we dont win a game.
Im excited by what Reath and Landale can do as a tandem this Olympics but overall I agree we could easily not win a game. Somehow our build up pre Olympics has looked more disorganised than I can remember. Geez watching the Opals they looked so much more organised on offence than the Boomers did. I expect they'll do well and compete for a medal. If LJ wins gold I'll be tearing up for sure. One of Oz sports true greats.

We can finish second. Spain aren’t the same beast and by all reports weren’t exactly convincing in their qualifying tournament. Greece is probably just a matter of stopping everyone not named Giannis from doing anything (since we aren’t stopping Giannis with this squad), which is easier said than done but very doable. Canada we are probably ****ed.

Also worth noting the 2 best third placed teams qualify, even though that probably just means a date with USA or something.

All said and and done I think we’ll at least come out of this with one win. If we can get out of the group, who knows.

We can finish second. Spain aren’t the same beast and by all reports weren’t exactly convincing in their qualifying tournament. Greece is probably just a matter of stopping everyone not named Giannis from doing anything (since we aren’t stopping Giannis with this squad), which is easier said than done but very doable. Canada we are probably ****ed.

Also worth noting the 2 best third placed teams qualify, even though that probably just means a date with USA or something.

All said and and done I think we’ll at least come out of this with one win. If we can get out of the group, who knows.
Yeah I agree but my confidence has been lowered due to our lack of organisation in the 2 lead up games. Hopefully they mean nothing and our NBA players were just a bit tired as we looked to lack energy bar our nbl players in McVeigh, Delly and Goulding who were obvioulsy playing for a place in the team.

If Thybulle was picked I wouldn’t have been too upset with the rest of it tbh. Just really, really strange.
Should have picked Cooks over Kay ... And will Magnay even play?

Will need Exum and McVeigh to play the lights out ... who else is capable of creating their own shot ... not Patty anymore ... 1 from 13 against China ffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back