Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have picked Cooks over Kay ... And will Magnay even play?

Will need Exum and McVeigh to play the lights out ... who else is capable of creating their own shot ... not Patty anymore ... 1 from 13 against China ffs

It seems pretty clear from the selections that Reath will be playing at 4. Hence no Cooks and including Magnay. It makes sense given the size of other teams and Reaths lack of strength inside. So would seem Magnay will play when Landale is off and Kay will back up Reath, with the odd small ball lineup.

It seems pretty clear from the selections that Reath will be playing at 4. Hence no Cooks and including Magnay. It makes sense given the size of other teams and Reaths lack of strength inside. So would seem Magnay will play when Landale is off and Kay will back up Reath, with the odd small ball lineup.
Doesn't matter what they are planning with this line up ...

Sacramento Kings Summer League team just beat Team China 101-51 and the Hornets SL beat them too ...

Puts the Boomers performances last week into perspective ... we are faarked!

Doesn't matter what they are planning with this line up ...

Sacramento Kings Summer League team just beat Team China 101-51 and the Hornets SL beat them too ...

Puts the Boomers performances last week into perspective ... we are faarked!

Is it the same team? I couldn't find where to check names and just saw that the SL one was second string junior lineup mainly under 20 but also they didn't look that old against us.

Is it the same team? I couldn't find where to check names and just saw that the SL one was second string junior lineup mainly under 20 but also they didn't look that old against us.
That's the team China played against us ... basing any selection on those matches is a farce ... we are faarked ... Thybulle and Cooks non selection is an epic fail ... we have zero muscle to defend powerful guards and forwards (Green excepted) in our line up.

Well we’ve found the one person who wanted Cooks picked…
I liked cooks inside work. Reath isn't an inside beast yet. Magnay is fumbly.
I still thinks kays got something to offer tho albeit mainly on the outside
That leaves landsdale

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People talking up Cooks muscle and ability inside. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. They guy is a lightweight who is incapable of playing against international bigs.
Yep. I watched every Boomers game last World Champs just like I'm sure you did HM. Cooks only played one good game and was a defensive liability against Germany in particular.

Yep. I watched every Boomers game last World Champs just like I'm sure you did HM. Cooks only played one good game and was a defensive liability against Germany in particular.
We were playing him at the 5 at World Champs because Landale was injured ... he is a 4 ... he is a fantastic rebounder and his ability to start the break and offensive rebound off Landale and Reath 3's would have been a great fit

People talking up Cooks muscle and ability inside. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. They guy is a lightweight who is incapable of playing against international bigs.
Cooks has the strength and mobility to compete against big forwards like Giannis and Lebron ... he isn't in their class but name one person on our selected team that can

Whereas we have Daniels, Green and Exum to defend guards, forwards so I understand leaving out Thybulle for their offense.

Kay is a better match up against Spain but is nearly unplayable against Canada and Greece

Watching Canada v USA now and can't see us getting within 30 points of either

Team China got thumped by all the NBA summer league teams so what we have showed so far is we might have had a chance of winning summer league lol

Last edited:
Maybe include the full quote champ ...
he isn't in their class but name one person on our selected team that can ...

So who is going to defend Lebron and Giannis and keep them off the boards in the team we selected ??

Both Bogut and Brad Newley said on ‘The Gold Standard Podcast’ that they would have had Cooks in their 12-man squad irrespective of whether Thybulle was selected.

But without Thybulle, you would have thought the Boomers would have put more value in someone like Cooks with his athleticism, versatility and defence.

Last edited:
Maybe include the full quote champ ...
he isn't in their class but name one person on our selected team that can ...

So who is going to defend Lebron and Giannis and keep them off the boards in the team we selected ??

Both Bogut and Brad Newley said on ‘The Gold Standard Podcast’ that they would have had Cooks in their 12-man squad irrespective of whether Thybulle was selected.

But without Thybulle, you would have thought the Boomers would have put more value in someone like Cooks with his athleticism, versatility and defence.
I'd rather any one of Dyson Daniels, Duop Reath, Will Magnay or even Josh Green with his length and strength over Cooks defending either LeBron or Giannis.

I'd rather any one of Dyson Daniels, Duop Reath, Will Magnay or even Josh Green with his length and strength over Cooks defending either LeBron or Giannis.
Seriously ....

Dying Laughing Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Ok. Clearly you didn't watch the last World Champs. Cooks was horrendous on defence.
Was those the World Champs where Nick Kay had his player bring him to every pick and roll to exploit him on the switch....

And Newly and Bogut don't know what they are talking about I quoted their opinion on Thybulle and X non selection

Cooks was defending the 5 at the Olympics because Goorjian only took Reath to the World Cup, with both Reath and Landale's availability this time minutes are at the 4, which makes Magnay (52% FT last NBL season) selection perplexing.

Goorjian should have taken Magnay instead of White to the World Cup ... but he shouldn't be in this team.

Lost at selection this Olympics ...

We should be taking Cooks and Thybulle instead of Magnay and Kay and we would have been equipped to defend any type of line up ... big or small... especially as at the other end McVeigh replaced Kay's 3 point shooting ... we are going to get a rude awakening against the US next week and we might win our other warm up game against Serbia and our pool game against Spain but my tip is we go 0-5 and come home with our tail between our legs ... the next Boomers coach will inherit a program and culture in pieces.

Was those the World Champs where Nick Kay had his player bring him to every pick and roll to exploit him on the switch....

And Newly and Bogut don't know what they are talking about I quoted their opinion on Thybulle and X non selection

Cooks was defending the 5 at the Olympics because Goorjian only took Reath to the World Cup, with both Reath and Landale's availability this time minutes are at the 4, which makes Magnay (52% FT last NBL season) selection perplexing.

Goorjian should have taken Magnay instead of White to the World Cup ... but he shouldn't be in this team.

Lost at selection this Olympics ...

We should be taking Cooks and Thybulle instead of Magnay and Kay and we would have been equipped to defend any type of line up ... big or small... especially as at the other end McVeigh replaced Kay's 3 point shooting ... we are going to get a rude awakening against the US next week and we might win our other warm up game against Serbia and our pool game against Spain but my tip is we go 0-5 and come home with our tail between our legs ... the next Boomers coach will inherit a program and culture in pieces.
Ah no. Im for thybulle over Delly buf how exactly do you fhink we can defend the low post wifh Kay and Magnay out of fhe team. Cooks was horrendous on defence at the World Champs in the low block. I mean horrendous. Even Kay was way better.

Ah no. Im for thybulle over Delly buf how exactly do you fhink we can defend the low post wifh Kay and Magnay out of fhe team. Cooks was horrendous on defence at the World Champs in the low block. I mean horrendous. Even Kay was way better.
They are called centres, or otherwise known as a No 5, it's what Reath and Landale do all year long

Cooks is 6foot8 forward that defends other forwards in the block just fine

But you know better than Bogut and Newley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back