Australian cheating at Newlands, where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Had it with this Test, this series, and cricket in general.

Absolutely disgusting. **** shaming, shoulder charging, ball tampering.

These cricketers are disgusting. The lot of the pricks

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
And to think the pricks went on strike for more money

Sutherland very weak here. If I had to guess, CA can't identify the next captain and are just hoping it dies down before they take next steps. Why is the match continuing tonight? SA should win by default.

Agree and he is Part of the Problem

Pissweak by Aust cricket board. Won't even strip smith of the captaincy. If we are going to be setting ourselves as the "moral arbiters" of the spirit of cricket, smith needs to at a minimum lose the captaincy right now.
Instead sutherland blabbering about "we are in the middle of a game" ffs smith has admitted to deciding with the leadership group to ball tamper.

I would recall bancroft from the tour; and strongly consider removing the "leadership group" as well.

What more evidence does Sutherland need. There has been an admission of guilt of premeditated cheating

Probably waiting to see who else was in for captaincy purposes? idk.

I knew processes would happen. It's a business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like CA to get on the front foot here and make any potential ICC sanctions redundant. Premeditated cheating is so unacceptable that I almost didn’t believe what I was reading this morning.

Get Ponting and Langer on a plane over right away and if they have to take a whole new test 11 with them then so be it.

Doubt they'll be allowed too. This is a big story world wide can't hide from it!
Can you imagine the ICC rubbing their hands together, the Indians will love this

As Australian cricketers, you have a duty of care and responsibility to the Baggy Green and to Australia. This event goes far far further than UnderarmGate in that was within the rules (just) but not the spirit. Can anyone think of anything more damaging to the Baggy Green brand ever?

The ACB must come to the fore. It is crisis time for cricket and the ACB and the result (regardless of ICC) must be fast (ie today) and must be harsh.
We forfeit the test, Lehman goes, Smith is sacked as captain and stood down for the remainder of the series along with the the rest of the leadership team.

It wont happen (see @Anzacpaul above) but this could kill test cricket and short term losses need to be made.

This is what I was thinking too, if Australia stops supporting their test team the Ashes dies which is probably the main part of Test cricket really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian cheating at Newlands, where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back