Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Casey's voice annoys me so very, very much.

The gay midget's voice also grates big time. Very, very nasal yet throaty. He sounds like he has mucus problems. And I have one word for him: enunciate.

Courtney is just meh. Has his moments, but still doesn't ever really do anything for me.

I am a Hayley fan. I love her voice. Sad to see her go. Has a bit of a way to go, but she can learn and will hopefully improve her performing. She's also the only one of the final four with a likeable personality. I know many disagree, but I find her far more engaging than the other 3. And her husband is cute.

OK. Over-analysation much?! I am so disturbed.

Relief for Anthony I suppose. He can now concentrate on other pursuits for the next couple of days. Does anybody know which horse he is riding in the Cup tomorrow?

Haley reminds me of Paulini. She'll make a record I reckon. And it'll be a good seller. She has a fine voice. Sweet.

Oh well.

Casey will be gone next week.
Then - as usual considering 98% shallow girls vote - the 2 boys will be left with pretty boy Anthony winning to be the worst Idol ever.

Yeah. This concept REALLY works.

bomber0018 said:
Casey's voice annoys me so very, very much.

The gay midget's voice also grates big time. Very, very nasal yet throaty. He sounds like he has mucus problems. And I have one word for him: enunciate.

Courtney is just meh. Has his moments, but still doesn't ever really do anything for me.

I am a Hayley fan. I love her voice. Sad to see her go. Has a bit of a way to go, but she can learn and will hopefully improve her performing. She's also the only one of the final four with a likeable personality. I know many disagree, but I find her far more engaging than the other 3. And her husband is cute.

OK. Over-analysation much?! I am so disturbed.

Nah I agree! But...Casey is great! GO CASEY....I'd like to see her win....next Courtney but Anthony last.

Casey's clearly the most talented and she has been judged to have had triple the amount of truly outstanding performances over the other 2 left (who are the only other ones to have garnered a touchdown worthy performance)
but she is currently too young and shy to fulfill and deal with the media commitments required of the Aus Idol IMO.
She'll go next week anyway as Courtney and Anthony seem to have the bigger fanbases and a compromised quickie record would also suit them more than Casey.

Hayley was a well noted battler who managed to survive over people with probably more talent than her and was always generally gracious.
I suspect Mark Holden will be partying tonight ;) .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if casey can sing that baddly and survive until now, surely she'll win

this was to be her wake up call, but she lived to fight another day

Ted Pellitts said:
if casey can sing that baddly and survive until now, surely she'll win

this was to be her wake up call, but she lived to fight another day

Are you kidding? Her voice was absolutely stunning last night! Not AS good in the second one, but her first song left me speechless. It was beautiful.

Right decision was made tonight. If it actually comes down to the two best voices, Courtney should be voted out next week.

bunsen burner said:
Eeeeyep!

He has an arrogance about him that he knows he's going to win and he's most likely right. Looking on the bright side, if he wins he will give this show the credibility it deserves - very little.

This little punce is built for a show like this and if he wins the realisation that this show is a karaoke competition for the present day Mark Holdens will come crashing down. Puncy little *** boy has been doing these talent quests his whole life. He looks like he should be in the Micky Mouse CLub or Young Talent Time. Whilst 10 - 13 year old girls (and **** of any age) will readily buy his albums, he will have zero credibilty with the rest of society and zero credibilty in the music industry.

I think he's got it in the bag and actually hope he wins so Australian Idol gets the reputation and credibility that it deserves.

Exactly right. Bunsen to replace Dicko as head judge so some home truths can be told. This guys needs lessons in humility.

the health department and the government should combine to have Casey and Courtney disqualified.

both promote obeisity, and are ingraining on the children of australia that you can be both fat and successful. it will justify kids getting fatter because 'casey was fat and look what she did'

if trends continue the entire australian population with be obese in 2050

with role models like casey and courtney justifying child obeisity through the example they set, that statistic is no surprise

bucksisbest said:
Casey's clearly the most talented and she has been judged to have had triple the amount of truly outstanding performances over the other 2 left
And she's had triple the amount of shockers as them too.

If I was BMG and she didn't win, I'd make her a proposal: "Go on a diet and get down to 60+/- kgs in a six month period and let us take complete control of your image and what you wear. Basically be our puppet and we'll give you a contract". Harsh, but let's not kid ourselves, the demographic that will be buying these records are fickle.

Apparently Dicko didn't want that beat box guy (because beatbox is crap) so Holden requested permission to back him with his own money and his album is no 2 in the charts. Although beatbox is crap it was shrewd judgement by Holden to realise there was an untapped market for beatbox in Australia.

bunsen burner said:
And she's had triple the amount of shockers as them too.

She is only 16. What other singers were perfect when they were her age?

Casey should win because she has much more potential than the other two.

I am really tired of Courtney - one-dimensional and boring.

I've finally decided what's wrong with the world. People take everything so seriously. Does it actually matter if people watch or vote on Australian Idol and they are happy to do it? If you don't want to take part or watch it, don't. It really is that simple. There have been many posts on here "shaming" those who watch it. What on earth is that all about?

I very happily watch it, I haven't this year but last year I voted (and no I'm not a teenager, I just liked performances and decided to reward them - and my votes were widely spread amongst contestants). The irony is that I haven't bought any albums or singles of any of the contestants, because on the whole I don't buy pop music.

It's a tv show that is mindless fluff that helps me relax on a Sunday night. It's also gives a lot of my workmates something to discuss as we all wander in first thing on a Monday morning. I hate being told I should feel bad because I enjoy it.

I do think it's appalling that genuine Australian talents like You Am I are given the boot from their record companies (now there's albums I do own) to give non-winners of these shows deals, because a lot of them have a definite use by date. I also hate that Paulini's released an album full of covers, that adds nothing to Australian music.But record companies are about money, they'll do what they think will make the most money.

And hey some of those churned out last year aren't too bad and may have staying power. I'm not a huge fan but Guy Sebastian is clearly talented and different to much of the pop released here there's no reason he doesn't deserve a record contract or success. I was a Shannon fan and again he's found a niche that could lead to long term success, again too be honest a little too Matchbox 20 for me but it seems to be working.

Basically so what if the majority of people who vote are teenage girls...they are the ones who buy pop music anyway. You think Britney Spears or the Spice Girls were aimed at 25-36 year old men? It's a pop music contest, by having those who buy the music vote it's actually giving it total credibility. I hate Anthony but I remember when I used to buy Take That albums because I fancied Robbie Williams, why should it surprise me that the same thing happens now. And he will have a very limited shelf life as these teenage fans move on, so he releases one or two albums and disappears so what?

If you're looking for this show to be provide the talent that Triple J would be proud of, you're looking for the wrong thing. You can either turn off or be someone like me who can enjoy both.

Ted Pellitts said:
the health department and the government should combine to have Casey and Courtney disqualified.

both promote obeisity, and are ingraining on the children of australia that you can be both fat and successful. it will justify kids getting fatter because 'casey was fat and look what she did'

with role models like casey and courtney justifying child obeisity through the example they set, that statistic is no surprise

Ted, you've said some stupid stuff on here before but this is truly offensive.

Ted Pellitts said:

I always love these sorts of cop outs...."I got fat because of Australian Idol", "I started smoking because Warney does it", "I abuse alcohol because of all the champagne they spill when a team wins a trophy of some sort"

If a kid gets fat, it's the fault of that kid for eating too much of the wrong food and the fault of the parents for not teaching them the right eating habits.

And even if we are to accept that role models can be such a big influence on people, I would have thought that Courtney and Casey aren't the only role models around. Why would people take any more notice of them, than say other trash TV stars like Paris Hilton or Jessica Simpson (oh, hang on...that might influence people to become blonde bimbos, although they might get confused over whether to sleep around or not).

Ted Pellitts said:

Maybe you should use Magic Johnson as a role model and shag a chick with AIDS. That would be a good way to advocate weight loss.

Ted Pellitts said:

do you also think we should have them publicly flogged for being so fat - to be a lesson to future fat contestants that they better not enter...or else ???
would that be a good idea Ted ???

OK, here's my two cents.

I'm really hoping Courtney goes next week. He's just so smug these days, it's disgusting.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I went to school with Anthony and he's the biggest w@nker I've ever met.

So I've finally decided to back Casey. She's very good and she's only 16. She's done well just to hang in mentally for a 16-year-old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back