Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Just keeps getting worse for the Branch Covidians.

Peer-reviewed study just published:

The large number of COVID-19 vaccine induced deaths evaluated in this review is coherent with multiple papers that report excess mortality after COVID-19 vaccination. Pantazatos and Seligmann found that all-cause mortality increased 0-5 weeks post-injection in most age groups resulting in 146,000 to 187,000 vaccine-associated deaths in the United States between February and August of 2021 [75]. With similar findings, Skidmore estimated that 278,000 people may have died from the COVID-19 vaccine in the United States by December 2021 [76]. These concerning results were further elucidated by Aarstad and Kvitastein, who found that among 31 countries in Europe, a higher population COVID-19 vaccine uptake in 2021 was positively correlated with increased all-cause mortality in the first nine months of 2022 after controlling for alternative variables [77]. Since the initiation of the global COVID-19 vaccination campaign, excess mortality from non-COVID-19 causes has been detected in many countries [78], [79], [80], [81], [82], [83], suggesting a common adverse exposure among the global population. Pantazatos estimated that VAERS deaths are underreported by a factor of 20 [75].
I saw another similar study more than a year ago, it was about excess deaths in Europe. Thought the dam wall would've broken by now TBH

Again another scare.

Thats all they have is scares and long timelines.

Lets be honest, Mr Potato Head is talking about a 2 1/2 consultation period should he win the next election and then we have it to be legislated before even they start building these things.

Nothing is happening before 2040 as there is zero chance of getting one up and ready by 2035 (their date by the way).

Lets not even start on the cost

This is all about delay, delay, delay of renewables.

End of story.

PS : Good to see Matt Kean getting a gig in the Climate Change Authority.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Take your ALP rose coloured glasses off.

Of course you've seen all the cartoons and memes the ALP are running across all Social Media re Dutton and Nuclear...that's a scare campaign on steroids..

Without getting into the pros or cons of either option, I'm bemused that renewables are viewed as so 'clean' and no waste.

They require resources that must be mined and processed - very energy intensive operations.

There are big problems getting rid of the wind turbine blades, their lifespan isn't that flash.

Solar panels aren't as bad, most of the materials can be recycled.

Lithium batteries are very expensive to recycle but at least most of the materials can be recycled.

Nuclear should of happened decades ago in Australia, zero output, could've setup a storage facility out at Roxby for the waste (and the medical waste).

The Greenies really screwed the pooch with their opposition to nuclear, has kept the coal fired power stations going for decades longer than the should've been.
I can't remember who recently said this: WSJ I think.
China Builds Bridges and Highways while the U.S. Mouths Slogans. Sounds like our government a lot.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Take your ALP rose coloured glasses off.

Of course you've seen all the cartoons and memes the ALP are running across all Social Media re Dutton and Nuclear...that's a scare campaign on steroids..

I know I’m biased and self aware.

And the more taking the piss out of Mr Potato Head the better. I’m sure you watched QT and saw him get his arsed whipped.

I can't remember who recently said this: WSJ I think.
China Builds Bridges and Highways while the U.S. Mouths Slogans. Sounds like our government a lot.

Can’t remember you saying that when the Coalition was in government.

Still waiting for someone to list the top 5 accomplishments of the Coalition from 2013 to 2022.

Well we could say giving the country a trillion dollar debt but that is hardly an accomplishment.

Can’t remember you saying that when the Coalition was in government.

Still waiting for someone to list the top 5 accomplishments of the Coalition from 2013 to 2022.

Well we could say giving the country a trillion dollar debt but that is hardly an accomplishment.
I actually voted for Tony Zappia last election. My MP. Not sure if he is or not an Albo man. At this point he's a company man and wouldn't tell us. He's been a good Fed MP for us out here.

Covid hit our debt badly. but both parties can take a bow.

Is this Albanese mob for real!!!

Talk about looking after their mates.

It's obscene.

Anthony Albanese’s words come back to bite on Governor-General’s $700k payday​

Australia’s next Governor-General will get a bumper payday, with a boost of $200,000 more than her predecessor. Tell us what you think. Take our poll.

Anthony Albanese has been blasted over a proposal that would give the incoming Governor General a $200,000 payrise amid a historic cost-of-living crisis, bumping her salary to a staggering $709,000.
The pay rise has been blasted as failing to pass the pub test after it was introduced to parliament on Monday by the Albanese government.

Assistant Minister to the Prime Minister Patrick Gorman said Ms Mostyn did not get other Commonwealth entitlements, such as a military pension, that was afforded to her predecessors who frequently came from military backgrounds.

The Labor government also reasoned that Ms Mostyn’s salary cannot be amended during the five-year term so the government was boosting her remuneration before she started the role.

“It is necessary to set the next Governor-General’s salary at a level appropriate for the duration of this term,” Mr Gorman said.

“Where, in the past, a Governor-General has been the recipient of other Commonwealth entitlements – such as a military pension – the annual salary has been adjusted accordingly.
“Ms Mostyn is not a recipient of any such entitlements.”

Amid criticism of the move, The Daily Telegraph can reveal Anthony Albanese was critical of pay rises for Governors-General as a humble MP 20 years ago, comparing then Governor-General Michael Jeffery’s $1000 a week pay rise to low income Australians who got just $15 to $17 in 2003.

“The Governor-General will receive an annual pay rise of $55,000, or more than $1,000 a week. The person who has carriage of this bill, none other than the Minister for Employment and Workplace Relations, happily moved a motion granting this $1,000 a week increase,” Mr Albanese said then.
“There is a big difference here from average Australians — and average Australians will be concerned about a bill increasing a salary by $55,000 in one hit. In contrast, 1.7 million low-paid workers were awarded a pay rise of $15 to $17 a week in the latest Industrial Relations Commission safety net wage case.”

Ms Mostyn was being paid an annualised $263,000 to chair Aware Superannuation prior to being appointed Governor-General.

Australian Taxpayers’ Association president Brian Marlow said the pay rise didn’t pass the pub test during a cost of living crisis and Mr Albanese should heed his words from the past.
“We have got a cost of living crisis. Labor is out there pretending they care about hard working Australians meanwhile they are paying overpaid bureaucrats even more,” he said.

“We are at a time when people have been annihilated by interest rate hikes and rent rises. It doesn’t stack up.

“The current Prime Minister should listen to Anthony Albanese from back then. Something has obviously changed, once he became PM he stopped caring about taxpayer money.”

I actually voted for Tony Zappia last election. My MP. Not sure if he is or not an Albo man. At this point he's a company man and wouldn't tell us. He's been a good Fed MP for us out here.

Covid hit our debt badly. but both parties can take a bow.

Whoda thought Dr Jim would tell porkies hey?

Spin Meister on steroids.

Let's see if Each Way Albo has cajones to expel ALP Senator Fatima Payman fer defying him, the Cabinet and party rules she signed up to making way for her to be an ALP candidate and ultimately an ALP MP. Or will it be just another example of his weakness to take strong action on his ALP comrades in Parliament, no bigger example on his failure to act on the totally incompetent dunderhead Immigration Minister Andrew Giles. The smart moneys on him failing to uphold the Party rules as another total cop out and place more importance on a few Muslim votes in Western Sydney etc.
Remember this is the same Labor Senator that used the antisemetic""catchcry" “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” and has penned articles for Al Jazeera debasing the Labor Party

Senator Fatima Payman crosses floor over Palestinian statehood​

First-term senator Fatima Payman faces expulsion from Labor after becoming the first caucus member to cross the floor in 18 years.

First term senator Fatima Payman has risked expulsion from the ALP after becoming the first Labor politician to cross the floor in more than 18 years when she voted in support of a parliamentary push by the Greens to recognise Palestinian statehood.
Defying her party’s official position on the Israel-Palestine conflict, Senator Payman’s intervention comes amid reports she has stopped talking to senior colleagues over her strong pro-Palestinian stance.

The decision poses a fresh headache for Prime Minister Anthony Albanese who has kept his party largely united over the Israel-Palestine conflict. In recent weeks, Senator Payman has indicated a growing inclination to defy her party’s stance on the issue of Palestinian recognition, and penned an opinion piece published in Al Jazeera last week which was critical of Labor’s position.
Executive Council of Australian Jewry co-chief executive Alex Ryvchin demanded senator Payman be held accountable for her support of the Greens motion.

“The fact that Senator Payman could no longer accept the Government’s position of supporting a Palestinian state as part of a negotiated two-state solution is astonishing,” he said.

The last Labor politician to cross the floor was Tasmanian MP Harry Quick in November 2005 who defied his party in voting against anti-terrorism legislation.

Mr Quick was ultimately expelled from the party for failing to pay his membership dues having already announced his retirement from federal politics.

He later sought to resurrect his political career by running for Greens preselection.

Remember all those people who were fine with destroying the economy for years on end over a flu-like virus, and said, don’t worry, there’ll be no long-term consequences?

Remember those fools?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's see if Each Way Albo has cajones to expel ALP Senator Fatima Payman fer defying him, the Cabinet and party rules she signed up to making way for her to be an ALP candidate and ultimately an ALP MP. Or will it be just another example of his weakness to take strong action on his ALP comrades in Parliament, no bigger example on his failure to act on the totally incompetent dunderhead Immigration Minister Andrew Giles. The smart moneys on him failing to uphold the Party rules as another total cop out and place more importance on a few Muslim votes in Western Sydney etc.
Remember this is the same Labor Senator that used the antisemetic""catchcry" “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” and has penned articles for Al Jazeera debasing the Labor Party

Senator Fatima Payman crosses floor over Palestinian statehood​

First-term senator Fatima Payman faces expulsion from Labor after becoming the first caucus member to cross the floor in 18 years.

First term senator Fatima Payman has risked expulsion from the ALP after becoming the first Labor politician to cross the floor in more than 18 years when she voted in support of a parliamentary push by the Greens to recognise Palestinian statehood.
Defying her party’s official position on the Israel-Palestine conflict, Senator Payman’s intervention comes amid reports she has stopped talking to senior colleagues over her strong pro-Palestinian stance.

The decision poses a fresh headache for Prime Minister Anthony Albanese who has kept his party largely united over the Israel-Palestine conflict. In recent weeks, Senator Payman has indicated a growing inclination to defy her party’s stance on the issue of Palestinian recognition, and penned an opinion piece published in Al Jazeera last week which was critical of Labor’s position.
Executive Council of Australian Jewry co-chief executive Alex Ryvchin demanded senator Payman be held accountable for her support of the Greens motion.

“The fact that Senator Payman could no longer accept the Government’s position of supporting a Palestinian state as part of a negotiated two-state solution is astonishing,” he said.

The last Labor politician to cross the floor was Tasmanian MP Harry Quick in November 2005 who defied his party in voting against anti-terrorism legislation.

Mr Quick was ultimately expelled from the party for failing to pay his membership dues having already announced his retirement from federal politics.

He later sought to resurrect his political career by running for Greens preselection.
I haven't noticed the Libs kicking Bridget Archer out, despite her having crossed the floor on numerous occasions. Double standards, much?

I haven't noticed the Libs kicking Bridget Archer out, despite her having crossed the floor on numerous occasions. Double standards, much?
No LP rule in their charter unlike the ALP, but then again you know that.

Posting this here because it features the Australian media and discussions about Australian politics.

Enjoy!

It would be good to see the entire show. That female reporter at about the 18 min mark. I wonder who she was and who she works for. He tore her a new one.
He says
"How do they get people this stupid in the media. I guess it doesn't pay that well." :D

It would be good to see the entire show. That female reporter at about the 18 min mark. I wonder who she was and who she works for. He tore her a new one.
He says
"How do they get people this stupid in the media. I guess it doesn't pay that well." :D

No matter what you think of Carlson, I defy anybody to watch that entire video and then continue to maintain that the news is real.

Surprised we haven’t heard from One Great C. Advanced case of Carlson Derangement Syndrome that one.

OneGreatClub c’mon son, come out and play.

At least give us a “he’s a threat to our democracy.”

What about a “he shouldn’t be allowed into the country!”

Surely you’ve got a couple of those in you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back