Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

The lengths this lowlife coniving corrupt P.O.S. will go to know no bounds.

Pretty clear why he's spending so much of his ill gotten gains on this..

Philip Crutchfield KC will lead Daniel Andrews’ attempts to fight a Supreme Court subpoena​

Daniel Andrews is attempting to fight a Supreme Court subpoena in a bid to keep secret his phone records from the day of a near-fatal crash with a teenage cyclist.

Don't miss out on the headlines from Police & Courts. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Daniel Andrews has engaged one of Australia’s most expensive silks in a bid to keep secret his phone records from the day of a near-fatal 2013 car crash with a teenage cyclist.
Philip Crutchfield KC – who charges up to $25,000 a day – will lead Mr Andrews’ attempts to fight a Supreme Court subpoena.
The hearing before Associate Justice Melissa Daly will be held on Monday morning.
High-profile lawyer Leon Zwier, of major law firm Arnold Bloch Leibler, is also representing the former premier and wife Catherine Andrews in the marathon dispute.
Mr Andrews was slapped with a subpoena outside his Mulgrave home in March requiring him to produce a series of documents relating to the January 2013 day of the crash.

Lawyers for Ryan Meuleman, who was 15 when he was struck by the Andrews family’s SUV in Blairgowrie, are seeking to establish who Mr Andrews spoke to – and when – amid concerns of interference after the collision.

But the Andrews’ legal team will argue that the subpoena is “a fishing expedition”.

Victoria Police Assistant Commissioner Brett Curran – Mr Andrews’ chief of staff at the time of the incident – has declined to clarify if he received any calls from the then opposition leader from the crash scene.
Ryan’s legal team, led by barrister James Catlin, has accused law firm Slater & Gordon, which acted for him in the aftermath of the crash, of failing to conduct “a full and proper investigation into the circumstances” of the collision.

Slater & Gordon is accused of failing to act in Ryan’s best interests and breaching its duty of care and obligations to him when negotiating his $80,000 TAC compensation payout.

Zwier and Crutchfield are understood to be old friends, mixing in the upper echelons of Melbourne’s legal fraternity.

In 2012, Zwier is reported to have attended a fancy dress party for Crutchfield’s wife Amy’s 40th birthday.

He arrived as a navy admiral, and Crutchfield dressed as a Confederate soldier from the US Civil War.

Mr and Mrs Andrews have always maintained that their Ford Territory was “T-boned” by the bike, while Ryan insists that the car was “speeding” and “seemed to come out of nowhere” when he was struck 17m on from the Melbourne Rd-Ridley St intersection.
Police photographs uncovered by the Herald Sun in November 2022 showed extensive damage to the front of the Andrews’ car and its windscreen.

In April last year, the Herald Sun revealed an Ambulance Victoria report detailed how the Andrews’ SUV “struck” Ryan while “travelling at 40 to 60kmph”.

Last month, the Herald Sun revealed police documents showed Mr Andrews did not call triple-0 until 1.10pm on January 7, 2013, with the crash estimated to have happened four minutes earlier.

There are also questions on the police response, including why officers failed to use breathalysers and why Mr Andrews was allowed to drive the unroadworthy vehicle from the scene.

The lengths this lowlife coniving corrupt P.O.S. will go to know no bounds.

Pretty clear why he's spending so much of his ill gotten gains on this..

Philip Crutchfield KC will lead Daniel Andrews’ attempts to fight a Supreme Court subpoena​

Daniel Andrews is attempting to fight a Supreme Court subpoena in a bid to keep secret his phone records from the day of a near-fatal crash with a teenage cyclist.

Don't miss out on the headlines from Police & Courts. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Daniel Andrews has engaged one of Australia’s most expensive silks in a bid to keep secret his phone records from the day of a near-fatal 2013 car crash with a teenage cyclist.
Philip Crutchfield KC – who charges up to $25,000 a day – will lead Mr Andrews’ attempts to fight a Supreme Court subpoena.
The hearing before Associate Justice Melissa Daly will be held on Monday morning.
High-profile lawyer Leon Zwier, of major law firm Arnold Bloch Leibler, is also representing the former premier and wife Catherine Andrews in the marathon dispute.
Mr Andrews was slapped with a subpoena outside his Mulgrave home in March requiring him to produce a series of documents relating to the January 2013 day of the crash.

Lawyers for Ryan Meuleman, who was 15 when he was struck by the Andrews family’s SUV in Blairgowrie, are seeking to establish who Mr Andrews spoke to – and when – amid concerns of interference after the collision.

But the Andrews’ legal team will argue that the subpoena is “a fishing expedition”.

Victoria Police Assistant Commissioner Brett Curran – Mr Andrews’ chief of staff at the time of the incident – has declined to clarify if he received any calls from the then opposition leader from the crash scene.
Ryan’s legal team, led by barrister James Catlin, has accused law firm Slater & Gordon, which acted for him in the aftermath of the crash, of failing to conduct “a full and proper investigation into the circumstances” of the collision.

Slater & Gordon is accused of failing to act in Ryan’s best interests and breaching its duty of care and obligations to him when negotiating his $80,000 TAC compensation payout.

Zwier and Crutchfield are understood to be old friends, mixing in the upper echelons of Melbourne’s legal fraternity.

In 2012, Zwier is reported to have attended a fancy dress party for Crutchfield’s wife Amy’s 40th birthday.

He arrived as a navy admiral, and Crutchfield dressed as a Confederate soldier from the US Civil War.

Mr and Mrs Andrews have always maintained that their Ford Territory was “T-boned” by the bike, while Ryan insists that the car was “speeding” and “seemed to come out of nowhere” when he was struck 17m on from the Melbourne Rd-Ridley St intersection.
Police photographs uncovered by the Herald Sun in November 2022 showed extensive damage to the front of the Andrews’ car and its windscreen.

In April last year, the Herald Sun revealed an Ambulance Victoria report detailed how the Andrews’ SUV “struck” Ryan while “travelling at 40 to 60kmph”.

Last month, the Herald Sun revealed police documents showed Mr Andrews did not call triple-0 until 1.10pm on January 7, 2013, with the crash estimated to have happened four minutes earlier.

There are also questions on the police response, including why officers failed to use breathalysers and why Mr Andrews was allowed to drive the unroadworthy vehicle from the scene.

You got a severe case of the DADS.

Just on Dan, who would have phone records going back 11 years?

Dan did not contact 000 until four minutes after the crash. A whole 4 minutes. I’m not sure if anyone would contact 000 first, normally you would check things out before contacting 000. Might be wrong but I’m pretty sure 4 minutes doesn’t seem a great time delay.

Seems another fishing expedition. Looks like a few have the DADS as well.

And I certainly hope that Mutineer has donated to Ryan’s Go Fund Me page.

Last edited:

I don't think many will miss this guy. I suppose his replacement will be similar.

CFMEU boss John Setka resigns as head of construction union’s Victorian branch​

John Setka has resigned as the head of the powerful Victorian branch of the construction union the CFMEU.

John Setka has resigned as the head of the powerful Victorian branch of the construction union the CFMEU.
Mr Setka, who was supposed to step down from the militant union later this year, told members he decided to pull the pin early due to ongoing allegations about the union “whether true or not”.

It is understood queries made about the union’s links to criminal organisations, such as outlaw motorcycle gangs, were among the issues that triggered the sudden decision that has rocked the trade union movement.

Senior figures close to Mr Setka said the fact that he had already declared he was not standing again at union elections, meaning he was retiring in the next few months, meant it was the right call to minimise damage to the CFMEU.

But the federal opposition said unless broader bad behaviour within the union was “stomped out, our construction sector will continue to be held back”.

Last edited:
I don't think many will mis this guy. I suppose his replacement will be similar.

CFMEU boss John Setka resigns as head of construction union’s Victorian branch​

Mr Setka, who was supposed to step down from the militant union later this year, told members he decided to pull the pin early due to ongoing allegations about the union “whether true or not”.

It is understood queries made about the union’s links to criminal organisations, such as outlaw motorcycle gangs, were among the issues that triggered the sudden decision that has rocked the trade union movement.

Senior figures close to Mr Setka said the fact that he had already declared he was not standing again at union elections, meaning he was retiring in the next few months, meant it was the right call to minimise damage to the CFMEU.

But the federal opposition said unless broader bad behaviour within the union was “stomped out, our construction sector will continue to be held back”.

About ****ing time!

Should be in jail.

Just on Dan, who would have phone records going back 11 years?

Dan did not contact 000 until four minutes after the crash. A whole 4 minutes. I’m not sure if anyone would contact 000 first, normally you would check things out before contacting 000. Might be wrong but I’m pretty sure 4 minutes doesn’t seem a great time delay.

Seems another fishing expedition. Looks like a few have the DADS as well.

And I certainly hope that Mutineer has donated to Ryan’s Go Fund Me page.
lol.

I witnessed someone hit by a car a few weeks back. I pulled over and rang 000 within a minute. Thankfully he was ok despite what looked very bad to begin with.

4 minutes when someone is injured in a such a manner is ****ing ages.

lol.

I witnessed someone hit by a car a few weeks back. I pulled over and rang 000 within a minute. Thankfully he was ok despite what looked very bad to begin with.

4 minutes when someone is injured in a such a manner is ****ing ages.

And the question is about whether he called anyone before 000 more than the delay.

And the question is about whether he called anyone before 000 more than the delay.
Exactly....Graham Ashton no doubt was his 1st call.

Looking at the lads injuries count there is absolutely no excuse for not callinhg 000 the instant they alighted from the vehicle. Dodgey Dan.

Last edited:
Exactly....Graham Ashton no doubt was his 1st call.

Looking at the lads injuries count there is absolutely no excuse for not callinh 000 the instant the alighted from the vehicle. Dodgey Dan.
It’s actually a disgrace, how the hell isn’t this highlighted more and what’s his excuse? Someone needs and ambulance you call an ambulance asap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All we need here.

Premier Peter Malinauskas to ask Labor’s national executive to suspend CFMEU affiliation as SA branch is put into administration​

The SA arm of the CFMEU, which had been under the control of the Victorian branch, has also been put into administration.

Premier Peter Malinauskas will ask Labor’s national executive to suspend affiliation with the construction division of the CFMEU until investigations into allegations of criminal activity are complete.
The Victorian branch of the union and the South Australian branch, which was under Victorian control, were placed into administration on Monday and are now being run by the national office.

The move followed allegations of criminal conduct by the CFMEU on Victorian government worksites.

Victorian CFMEU secretary John Setka resigned from his role on Friday but denied any wrongdoing, describing reports as “false accusations” and “malicious attacks”.

Acting Premier Susan Close said the connection between the Victorian and South Australian branches meant “we can’t pretend that it’s just something that affects the Victorians”.

All we need here.

Premier Peter Malinauskas to ask Labor’s national executive to suspend CFMEU affiliation as SA branch is put into administration​

The SA arm of the CFMEU, which had been under the control of the Victorian branch, has also been put into administration.

Premier Peter Malinauskas will ask Labor’s national executive to suspend affiliation with the construction division of the CFMEU until investigations into allegations of criminal activity are complete.
The Victorian branch of the union and the South Australian branch, which was under Victorian control, were placed into administration on Monday and are now being run by the national office.

The move followed allegations of criminal conduct by the CFMEU on Victorian government worksites.

Victorian CFMEU secretary John Setka resigned from his role on Friday but denied any wrongdoing, describing reports as “false accusations” and “malicious attacks”.

Acting Premier Susan Close said the connection between the Victorian and South Australian branches meant “we can’t pretend that it’s just something that affects the Victorians”.

Well Mal knew they were dodgy but let them in to get donations for the last election campaign so he’s no saint

We all know it it's just the rusted on ALP fanbois that don't get it.

Its a fair point. Hard to argue and I was angry as a long time ALP voter. I can understand the premise of The Voice but its one of those ideas that sound great on the surface until you get to the nuts and bolts and it fell apart under scrutiny very quick. When no one could actually tell you what it is and how it would work it goes to show you it was a very bad idea to run to a referendum with nothing worked out and it turned into an token gesture and if you didnt vote yes you were racist. The amount of money spent on a tokenistic exercise was disgusting and frankly I dont think its forgivable. He is probably lucky to still have his job. He probably should have resigned over the loss.

So shits hitting the fan for the Vic Premier, she received letters, took a year to respond, then deflected to Federal. She’s ****ed
She had a very good mentor in all things underhanded and corrupt in Dodgey Dan Andrews who would have overseen it all for the whole of his term...another Union flunky.

We all know it it's just the rusted on ALP fanbois that don't get it.

The issue voters will eventually see is Dutton has no answers or solutions to the COL. Just like his nuclear fart which will do nothing towards reducing power prices now and for the next 15-20 years and will actually increase prices given the taxpayer is footing the bill. But hey, Mr Potato Head knows best 🤣🤣🤣

Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back