Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

You are welcome to but it’s not the left accusing trans and migrants, is it.
Points go right over your heads.
Maybe trot back to your Trump Derangement thread and wallow in that shit.

Points always go over his head, he is a very shallow individual.
Talk about an over inflated view of your own intelligence bank teller, maybe stick to counting them coins that's more your level.

Talk about an over inflated view of your own intelligence bank teller, maybe stick to counting them coins that's more your level.
Coin Silver GIF

Is there any rabid leftist nutcase you don't follow?
Are there any rabid right-wing nut jobs you don't follow?

** I can't even see the tweet, as X/Twitter is blocked at work. I have no idea who OGC is quoting, or what the relevance is. I'm just pointing out the staggering hypocrisy of your posting.

Excuses, excuses, excuses is all we ever get from this turkey Dr.Jim who makes old Wayne Swan look like a genius.

Hey Doc how about to stop with the piss weak excuses for for your total failure to get on top of your brief and actually at least go some way to alleviate the cost of living crisis that is mostly all your doings.

Jim Chalmers blames interest rate rises for 'smashing' the economy, expects weak economic growth​

Treasurer Jim Chalmers has blamed successive interest rate rises for "smashing the economy", as the government braces for more weak economic figures due this week.

Ahead of the release of the latest economic growth figures on Wednesday, Mr Chalmers said the government was focused on walking the tightrope of bringing down inflation without further pressuring people "already being hammered by higher interest rates".

"With all this global uncertainty on top of the impact of rate rises which are smashing the economy it would be no surprise at all if the national accounts on Wednesday show growth is soft and subdued," Mr Chalmers said.

Higher inflation has held on longer than the federal government first anticipated, with headline inflation rising by 3.8 per cent over the year to the June 2024 quarter.

The Reserve Bank has lifted interest rates 13 times since May of 2022 from 0.35 per cent to 4.35 per cent, in efforts to slow spending — the only tool the central bank has to attack inflation.

But the economy has also halted, growing a meagre 0.1 per cent over the first quarter of 2024, and 1.1 per cent over the year to March.

Speaking on ABC News Breakfast, economist Angela Jackson said Mr Chalmers was getting ahead of expected bad news on the economy in Wednesday's national accounts.

"That heartbeat is getting really, really faint ... 0.2 per cent we're expecting, that means annual growth lower than 1 per cent — that will be the lowest since 1991," Dr Jackson said.

"We really are in that teetering position I think, in terms of growth."

1725240839036.png

Last edited:
Are there any rabid right-wing nut jobs you don't follow?

** I can't even see the tweet, as X/Twitter is blocked at work. I have no idea who OGC is quoting, or what the relevance is. I'm just pointing out the staggering hypocrisy of your posting.
Is your name Bill Shorten?

I thought he was the only dunce that commented on something he hadn't seen or heard...

Nothing will stop you lefties rallying to the cause.

Is Bill Shorten the world's most loyal politician?​

The Australian workplace relations minster agrees with PM Julia Gillard, even when he doesn't know what she has said

Last edited:
Excuses, excuses, excuses is all we ever get from this turkey Dr.Jim who makes old Wayne Swan look like a genius.

Hey Doc how about to stop with the piss weak excuses for for your total failure to get on top of your brief and actually at least go some wat to alleviate the cost of living crisis that is mostly all your doings.

Jim Chalmers blames interest rate rises for 'smashing' the economy, expects weak economic growth​

Treasurer Jim Chalmers has blamed successive interest rate rises for "smashing the economy", as the government braces for more weak economic figures due this week.

Ahead of the release of the latest economic growth figures on Wednesday, Mr Chalmers said the government was focused on walking the tightrope of bringing down inflation without further pressuring people "already being hammered by higher interest rates".

"With all this global uncertainty on top of the impact of rate rises which are smashing the economy it would be no surprise at all if the national accounts on Wednesday show growth is soft and subdued," Mr Chalmers said.

Higher inflation has held on longer than the federal government first anticipated, with headline inflation rising by 3.8 per cent over the year to the June 2024 quarter.

The Reserve Bank has lifted interest rates 13 times since May of 2022 from 0.35 per cent to 4.35 per cent, in efforts to slow spending — the only tool the central bank has to attack inflation.

But the economy has also halted, growing a meagre 0.1 per cent over the first quarter of 2024, and 1.1 per cent over the year to March.

Speaking on ABC News Breakfast, economist Angela Jackson said Mr Chalmers was getting ahead of expected bad news on the economy in Wednesday's national accounts.

"That heartbeat is getting really, really faint ... 0.2 per cent we're expecting, that means annual growth lower than 1 per cent — that will be the lowest since 1991," Dr Jackson said.

"We really are in that teetering position I think, in terms of growth."

View attachment 2098717
We're absolutely in a per-capita recession so it's disingenuous to still call it 'economic growth'. It's only propped up by record immigration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is your name Bill Shorten?

I thought he was the only dunce that commented on something he hadn't seen or heard...

Nothing will stop you lefties rallying to the cause.

Is Bill Shorten the world's most loyal politician?​

The Australian workplace relations minster agrees with PM Julia Gillard, even when he doesn't know what she has said.
... but I'm not commenting on what I haven't seen or heard. I specifically didn't comment on whatever it was that OGC posted.

I have, however, seen endless quotes of RWNJ wonks, streaming forth from your keyboard.

As I said... the issue is not whatever OGC posted (which may indeed be a LWNJ quote), it's the staggering hypocrisy of you complaining about it, when you are the board's worst offender of the very same crime.

... but I'm not commenting on what I haven't seen or heard. I specifically didn't comment on whatever it was that OGC posted.

I have, however, seen endless quotes of RWNJ wonks, streaming forth from your keyboard.

As I said... the issue is not whatever OGC posted (which may indeed be a LWNJ quote), it's the staggering hypocrisy of you complaining about it, when you are the board's worst offender of the very same crime.
Almost all from blue tick posters not unidentified faceless leftist nutjobs hiding behind internet anonymity like that particular person posts..

Almost all from blue tick posters not unidentified faceless leftist nutjobs hiding behind internet anonymity like that particular person posts..
That just makes them certified right wing nut jobs, as distinct from uncertified left wing nut jobs.

You're still equally guilty.

That just makes them certified right wing nut jobs, as distinct from uncertified left wing nut jobs.

You're still equally guilty.
Nope, because from your position out on the left of the left anybody that doesn't see things through your blinkered prism is a RWNJ.

I might add if you can't see the difference between a certified poster and a uncertified poster on Twitter/X you're truly being disingenuos. One can be held accountable for their content the other can post whatever they like with zero accountability.

Last edited:
Nope, because from your position out on the left of the left anybody that doesn't see things through your blinkered prism is a RWNJ.
No...

Your staggering lack of self-awareness, and realisation of your hypocrisy, is shocking.

Actually, no, it's not. It's just you, doing you.

No...

Your staggering lack of self-awareness, and realisation of your hypocrisy, is shocking.

Actually, no, it's not. It's just you, doing you.
I might add if you can't see the difference between a certified poster and a uncertified poster on Twitter/X you're truly being disingenuos. One can be held accountable for their content the other can post whatever they like with zero accountability.

You're both posting rantings from people at the extreme ends of the political spectrum. The only difference is that yours have an official platform for their vileness.

You gotta love this little nugget from the sham Senate Inquiry into excess death (courtesy ABC website):

“In 2021 Australia recorded an excess mortality rate of 1.6 per cent, and the rate jumped to 11.7 per cent in 2022 due in part to the Omicron wave of COVID-19.”

So, Omicron, the strain credited with providing broad, population-wide immunity because of how mild it was, is also the cause of an unprecedented, massive spike in excess deaths….wait for it….. in a population that was more than 90% vaccinated.

Let’s recap the equation here folks:

Mildest strain of the pandemic + vaccine = massive spike in excess deaths.

1725246816918.gif

You gotta love this little nugget from the sham Senate Inquiry into excess death (courtesy ABC website):

“In 2021 Australia recorded an excess mortality rate of 1.6 per cent, and the rate jumped to 11.7 per cent in 2022 due in part to the Omicron wave of COVID-19.”

So, Omicron, the strain credited with providing broad, population-wide immunity because of how mild it was, is also the cause of an unprecedented, massive spike in excess deaths….wait for it….. in a population that was more than 90% vaccinated.

Let’s recap the equation here folks:

Mildest strain of the pandemic + vaccine = massive spike in excess deaths.

View attachment 2098812

Here are some basic numbers for Australia from Worldometer

As of December 2021 there had been around 100k COVID cases in total and approx 2000 recorded deaths from those 100k cases = approximately a 2% fatality rate.

During 2022 there was approx 10 million COVID cases in Australia and approx 16k recorded COVID deaths in that year = .16% fatality rate

If you were to use that 2021 fatally rate and apply that across the 10 million cases we'd be looking at 200k deaths instead of 16k.

Whether you agree or not, the numbers check out in relation to the increase in deaths in 2022 and they also suggest that there could have potentially been 150k+ lives saved through a combination of vaccination and omicron.

Last edited:
Here are some basic numbers for Australia from Worldometer

The case-fatality rate is obviously a very poor data set given that we know a) testing was largely optional and b) a massive number of those deaths were with Covid, not from Covid.

Aside from that… it’s beyond silly to claim that a vaccine was “effective” against a certain disease when the overwhelming majority of deaths owing to that disease occurred after the overwhelming majority of the population took multiple doses of that vaccine.

It’s especially silly when the reasoning offered for those deaths is “well, people weren’t locked in their homes anymore, what did you expect?!”

No vaccine in history has ever been the beneficiary of a defence that ridiculous.

Also — the abnormally high excess deaths continued beyond 2022.

The case-fatality rate is obviously a very poor data set given that we know a) testing was largely optional and b) a massive number of those deaths were with Covid, not from Covid.

Aside from that… it’s beyond silly to claim that a vaccine was “effective” against a certain disease when the overwhelming majority of deaths owing to that disease occurred after the overwhelming majority of the population took multiple doses of that vaccine.

It’s especially silly when the reasoning offered for those deaths is “well, people weren’t locked in their homes anymore, what did you expect?!”

No vaccine in history has ever been the beneficiary of a defence that ridiculous.

Also — the abnormally high excess deaths continued beyond 2022.

Okay let me put it to you this way.

You got to your doctor and he says you need an operation and you have the following choices.

Option A is a surgery that's been performed on 100k people and 2000 of those 100k died during surgery.

Options B is a surgery that's been performed on 10 million people and 12k of those 10 million people died during surgery.

Which surgery is the far safer out of the two?

It's hardly pythagorean theorem and something that I'd expect even a kid in Year 4/5 would be able to work out.

Last edited:
You got to your doctor and he says you need an operation and you have the following choices.

Option A is a surgery that's been performed on 100k people and 2000 of those 100k died during surgery.

Options B is a surgery that's been performed on 10 million people and 12k of those 10 million people died during surgery.

Which surgery is the far safer out of the two?

It's hardly pythagorean theorem and something that I'd expect even a kid in Year 4/5 would be able to work out.

If 1)not all the surgeries were counted because it relied on you volunteering to count yourself and 2) an air conditioner fell on some of those patients and it was marked as a death from surgery, I’d just be staying away from the data on that surgery altogether.

But I digress…

Where’d you get your original data from? This says as at December 31, 2021, there had been 395,504 cases and 2239 deaths.

Much lower pre-vaccine case-fatality rate than you originally quoted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back