FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 1 - Cont. in Pt. 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest what qualifies as a major bogan if Aimee is just "a bit"?

She's a "d*ckhead" call away from being the female Darryl Kerrigan.

I thought she spoke well, and congratulated the guys from pulling the move on her. She was definitely more of a bogan on the show.

Out of interest what qualifies as a major bogan if Aimee is just "a bit"?

She's a "d*ckhead" call away from being the female Darryl Kerrigan.

Come to Tassie. On the bogan scale, she's about a 4

It's just so great to see such an unlikable/vanilla alliance go from being 'a rock solid eight' to 'we can't keep an alliance of eight' in literally less than an episode. And for the ones that were banging on about hard decisions being needed to break up the eight to be the ones to throw a hissy fit the next episode when the hard decision doesn't go their way was glorious. Tara's not going to last...way too emotional, useless in challenges and now in a minority. Nothing against Lachy, but it's no fun watching half a dozen crap players ride his coattails for four episodes. He'll potentially have a chance to rebuild his game, because it's in their interests to keep him through to the merge.

Tessa could go far now. She looks like one of those players that will constantly be on the periphery of getting booted off, but there will always be more immediate targets. A less 'quirky' (to put it nicely) version of Kristie last year. She was (apparently) the easy vote three episodes in a row and she's still standing. And it only took one 'beg for mercy and throw shit everywhere to see what sticks' performance to save her skin. Good for her. And did anyone catch her sneaky eye roll at Lachy, when he was talking about being so proud of AK's performance, having just conspired to blindside him with her, prior to tribal council?

Also is anyone else thinking Australian survivor challenges >> US Survivor challenges
Loving our challenges. They're certainly not holding back on the physicality aspect and I'm also liking the variety - the US has got stuck a little bit in "puzzles are the great equaliser" (could be a Probst issue), so a fair chunk of their group challenges are do this, do that, puzzle.

Challenge was great. Enormous effort from Ziggy and AK. Unlucky for them that Mark and Henry drew next to each other in a random draw.
Just a shame they'd already foreshadowed the result with Sunday's promo, and if they hadn't foreshadowed it then, spending all of 2-3 minutes at the other tribe certainly did it.

Loving our challenges. They're certainly not holding back on the physicality aspect and I'm also liking the variety - the US has got stuck a little bit in "puzzles are the great equaliser" (could be a Probst issue), so a fair chunk of their group challenges are do this, do that, puzzle.

Completely agree. Freaken loved the endurance challenge last night. Was just bad luck that the army guy and "yoga" guy were next to each other. If they weren't who knows how that challenge would have ended up..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan of there being an endurance challenge this early on unless they have less of them later.

IIRC the majority of the immunity challenges post merge were balance/endurance, which heavily favours certain body types/physiques.

Plus, they're boring to watch

Body types like AK?

Meanwhile AK had already devised his own plan and mobilized the troops. He had figured out her move and acted against it before she had even thought of it.

Yeah, I think he deserves to be much higher in the rankings. You can question the ultimate value of his chicken idol charade, but it demonstrated how well he could read the rest of the tribe and stitch them up; they thought with a move that stupid, there was no way that he could really have an idol which was his intention all along (if he had just kept the real idol, he'd be a clear favourite, I think). Then the past two episodes, he's shown the ability to pull the trigger when he needed to (not only saving himself, but turning that tribe on its head) and, just as vitally, when not to (the previous episode). Plus, he's better in the challenges than he looks (mentally strong and looks like he's got a good arm on him) He's gone from the very bottom to probably being in the most powerful position in that tribe.

Not sure how people we've barely seen and comic relief like Jericho and Luke can be ranked ahead of him, but anyway...

Pretty flat to discover it wasn't on tonight. I thought it was Sunday Monday Tuesday?

Nope that was week 1. Shark Tank is worth a look tonight at 7.30.

We're probably lucky it doesnt get relegated to Channel 11 at 10.30pm tho the way the ratings are going..

Does anyone go through the contestants profiles and wonder what they're going to do when they go back to the real world after putting things like this on the website?

Always underestimated by her work colleagues and patients because of her age and gender, Tessa is highly intelligent and ready to compete.

Tessa’s youthful looks have meant patients and colleagues do not always think she knows what she is doing – but do not be fooled.

Yeah, I think he deserves to be much higher in the rankings. You can question the ultimate value of his chicken idol charade, but it demonstrated how well he could read the rest of the tribe and stitch them up; they thought with a move that stupid, there was no way that he could really have an idol which was his intention all along (if he had just kept the real idol, he'd be a clear favourite, I think). Then the past two episodes, he's shown the ability to pull the trigger when he needed to (not only saving himself, but turning that tribe on its head) and, just as vitally, when not to (the previous episode). Plus, he's better in the challenges than he looks (mentally strong and looks like he's got a good arm on him) He's gone from the very bottom to probably being in the most powerful position in that tribe.

Not sure how people we've barely seen and comic relief like Jericho and Luke can be ranked ahead of him, but anyway...

That's all fair enough. AK has played it really well but he's coming from a long way back after his first few days. Trust is really hard to build and I think from what we've seen there's still that lingering concern, as well as the fact everyone calls him a "mastermind" and see him as a threat. If that "misfits" group get numbers back I could easily see them targeting AK.

The ones we haven't seen have to have some benefit of the doubt as people like Kristie and JL went a long way last year after having nothing to say for the first chunk of eps. That's why I'm keeping them in the middle.

Does anyone go through the contestants profiles and wonder what they're going to do when they go back to the real world after putting things like this on the website?

Haha I read that today, the shit some people must say to get on the show:D

Eh, to each their own. One of the few free to air shows I really get immersed in, wouldn't be crying if it was on every night :D

Love the show too but I don't mind it being 2 nights a week as well. Not fussed either way.

Was great seeing that smug grin wiped off Tara's face when her blindside of AK got wrecked by his bigger blindside of Aimee, I thought AK was a complete goose early on but he's played quite a shrewd game so far.

I don't mind Aimee's attitude after being eliminated, good interview today and she looked pretty decent, still a bit bogan but she wasn't bad.

Aimee wasn't that bad to look at apart from the vacant stare and having a Marty Feldman thing going on with her eyes, if she wore sunnies she'd be a babe.

Yeah, I think he deserves to be much higher in the rankings. You can question the ultimate value of his chicken idol charade, but it demonstrated how well he could read the rest of the tribe and stitch them up; they thought with a move that stupid, there was no way that he could really have an idol which was his intention all along (if he had just kept the real idol, he'd be a clear favourite, I think).
I thought the "Chicken Idol" thing came along before he actually found the real HII? I was surprised that it seemed like a few people believed him until he actually produced the "idol" though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back