FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 1 - Cont. in Pt. 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all fair enough. AK has played it really well but he's coming from a long way back after his first few days. Trust is really hard to build and I think from what we've seen there's still that lingering concern, as well as the fact everyone calls him a "mastermind" and see him as a threat. If that "misfits" group get numbers back I could easily see them targeting AK.

The ones we haven't seen have to have some benefit of the doubt as people like Kristie and JL went a long way last year after having nothing to say for the first chunk of eps. That's why I'm keeping them in the middle.

I'd argue that Kristie came from a similar position to AK. She was the one accusing everyone of taking her bag on like day 2, whom we all assumed would be out of there by about episode 5.

At this stage, when we still know barely anything about so many of the players, I'd suggest that the players fall into three categories:

1. Those who've distinguished themselves in a good way.
2. Those who've done nothing of note.
3. Those who've distinguished themselves in a bad way.

It's not like pro sports, where you give a bit of additional respect to Sydney and Hawthorn even if they start the season like a busted, because they've been there and done that. For the players that we are yet to see doing anything, we have absolutely no idea whether they have a clue or not. On the other hand, it's pretty clear that AK knows what he's doing. And I'm not sure that at this stage you can say anyone else has given an indication that they are even an above average player.

You might be surprised how many younger female doctors get called "nurse" by patients in hospitals

That's not the point. What purpose does it serve to criticise your co-workers, employer and clients in such public way?

I know if someone I worked with had similar info in their profile (even if there was some truth to it), I'd look at them a bit differently when their Survivor experience was over and not in a good way. It's pretty unprofessional to throw them under the bus like that.

Based strictly on what we saw last night, all four of AK's allies look pretty switched on to me.

Tessa: held her tongue and her nerve at the right moments, worked herself back into the fold and could've been part of the AK blindside (then wisely chose not to). Jarrad: approached Peter with finesse ("who do you want to get out?" rather than "here's who we're voting for") and allowed him to work his way to the intelligent option. Peter: hit the nail on the head regarding his concerns about Aimee's loyalty to Locky. And Ziggy: I can't remember if she did anything significant to orchestrate that vote, but points for at least backing the right horse.

Not surprised actually, seems a good character at least.

This story might put you off her.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...s/news-story/34dac110fd408c43e1d44bdab44d2ec1

The latest Survivor evictee Aimee Stanton has revealed she became so ill after being voted off the island that fellow passengers on the flight home had to leave their allocated seats because of the ... smell.

“I was actually really sick and when I was on the plane I was having some stomach problems,” Stanton, 23, told Studio 10. “I was farting a lot and the people behind me they were like, ‘Ugh what’s that smell?!’ And they actually moved from the exit row seats to get away from me.”

Tara is everything I hate.
- A untalented and unattractive middle aged woman who thinks having a few kids gives her some valuable life experience, making her some "messiah" like figure in her mind.
The truth is she is an over opinionated nimrod with nothing insightful to offer in most, if not all situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After thinking he was a moron initially, absolutely loving AK now. The little fist bump to JlP and the acknowledgement back was gold. The bit of editing showing the joy/confusion/shock on Locky and Tara's faces when the votes started coming for Aimee was nicely done.
I like the Ziggy, AK, Tessa, Jarrad, Peter alliance. A lot to work with there.

A lot more action this season which is great.

She's definitely cute. But I think Morgan was the queen of them all

ac875dbeb76643fb660b67451d1becbb.gif

Just catching up on the fred.

#neverforgetmorgan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tried holding out my arm straight like they did. Barely lasted a minute. Kudos to AK. Also is anyone else thinking Australian survivor challenges >> US Survivor challenges
The endurance challenge was great. Loved it. Variety is the key with challenges. You can only watch so many adventure park speed runs. US has probably slacked off a bit with that, challenges taking a back seat to strategy lately. Some of my favourites that don't get a run any more are things like the eating challenge, and the quizzes (eg. the one where once it's a single tribe they ask the incriminating questions, or the ones about the game they've played).

Also looking a bit like 10 might have even taken a thing or two on board since last year. Every episode has had a vote out, 5 whole episodes in and no tribe swaps. Hopefully they've learnt to just chill on it.

Anyone else get a real dummy vibe from AK? He just has an intonation in his voice that makes him sound dumb, it's hard to explain but he just sounds a bit slow.

And his actions the other night don't disprove that. "Geez I wish I had another number to break up the alliance." You mean like the bloke you voted out last night? Definitely not the mastermind they're trying to paint him as.

And his actions the other night don't disprove that. "Geez I wish I had another number to break up the alliance." You mean like the bloke you voted out last night? Definitely not the mastermind they're trying to paint him as.
I thought the exact same thing. Mark trusted AK enough to show him the idol. Now AK's fighting for numbers when he had the perfect right hand man in Mark. And if he does got after Locky, the tribe will have no strong men left. He made the wrong choice in voting off Mark, because of the two reasons mentioned.

But AK didn't have the numbers at that stage to go after Locky. The split vote would just sent home whoever out of Tarzan and Tessa (??) didn't have the idol.

It didn't seem like anyone who ended up flipping and voting out the Lilydale bogan, were prepared to flip on the previous vote and save Tarzan.

The endurance challenge was great. Loved it. Variety is the key with challenges. You can only watch so many adventure park speed runs. US has probably slacked off a bit with that, challenges taking a back seat to strategy lately. Some of my favourites that don't get a run any more are things like the eating challenge, and the quizzes (eg. the one where once it's a single tribe they ask the incriminating questions, or the ones about the game they've played).

Also looking a bit like 10 might have even taken a thing or two on board since last year. Every episode has had a vote out, 5 whole episodes in and no tribe swaps. Hopefully they've learnt to just chill on it.

Could not agree with you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back