Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s great to see strong crowds back on the weekend, MCW was packed.

Is there any strength to the rumours that Renegades have KENTA for July?

I'll have to go to Colosseum and hand count.

All I ask for is a big babyface Ricky South run to happen since PWA decided to sabotage for whatever reason.

Good luck with that. PWA’s booking never seems to make much sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

this was in the Observer daily update:
The IWA in New South Wales promoted the first 30 minute women’s Iron Man match ever in the state last Friday in Sydney. Rita Stone and Charlie Evans were the opponents, Historian Ed Lock said Stone is probably the best rookie he’s seen in over 25 years of calling matches in Australia. Stone won three falls to two.
---------
is Rita Stone that good?

WSW Most Wanted Brisbane notes:
Matt Cardona said he can't defend his WSW World Title, but will pay someone in the back to defend it for him. Nic Nemeth came out saying he'll be the challenger.
TJP retained the WSW Australian Title vs Brian Cage and Jack Cartwheel in a 3 way match via red mist to Cartwheels face, TJP went to shake his hand but Cartwheel walked off.
Elijah (fka Elias) played his guitar, then Ryan Nemeth (who was a heel and used his old AEW theme) came out and said it's a good crowd, the centrelink payments must have come in.
Elijah beat Ryan Nemeth via a guitar shot when the ref wasn't looking.
Ash By Elegance (working as a face) beat Frankie B.
Hammerstone retained Matt Cardona's WSW World Title vs Nic Nemeth, via Hammerstone hitting Nemeth in the head with the title while the ref wasn't looking, in the main event. Post-match Nic Nemeth (with help from Ash By Elegance) managed to stop Hammerstone, Cardona, De Lander and Lena Kross from beating him up.

this was in the Observer daily update:
The IWA in New South Wales promoted the first 30 minute women’s Iron Man match ever in the state last Friday in Sydney. Rita Stone and Charlie Evans were the opponents, Historian Ed Lock said Stone is probably the best rookie he’s seen in over 25 years of calling matches in Australia. Stone won three falls to two.
---------
is Rita Stone that good?

I like and respect Ed but he's been a known shill for IWA for at least 20 years now. Also, would Rita Stone be considered a rookie? She's been wrestling for 3 and a half years.

I like and respect Ed but he's been a known shill for IWA for at least 20 years now. Also, would Rita Stone be considered a rookie? She's been wrestling for 3 and a half years.

I have seen Rita perform a few times. She is a very good in ring performer just doesn’t have much of a character. With Ed referring to her as a rookie I think he meant her rookie years, she is only just coming into her own now and think it’s great that IWA are letting these girls go out there and kill it.
Ed also commentates at Newy Pro. To my knowledge Ed has only worked for IWA for the past few years. He used to promote his own shows many years ago

I have seen Rita perform a few times. She is a very good in ring performer just doesn’t have much of a character. With Ed referring to her as a rookie I think he meant her rookie years, she is only just coming into her own now and think it’s great that IWA are letting these girls go out there and kill it.
Ed also commentates at Newy Pro. To my knowledge Ed has only worked for IWA for the past few years. He used to promote his own shows many years ago

Japan is the best for this. Forces you to work out how to connect with crowds every day who don't know or care who you are in 6 man tags where you may get 1 to 2 minutes max.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back