Australia's lack of future fast bowlers

Remove this Banner Ad

shanrew

Rookie
May 20, 2005
Other Teams
Melbourne
Can anybody name any future fast bowlers for Autralia. There doesnt seem to be any up and coming stars. Apart from Shaun Tait and Lee, everyone is above 30 and very few years left in them. This will be a problem for Autralia as therent arent any Mcgraths that can bowl for Autralia for 10 years.

Are there any in state cricket or even district cricket that could make it in the next 3 years?

its not a problem, mcgrath was given a test cap and who would've thought he'd be playing 100+ tests and 500+ wickets

someone will put there hand up, may not be immediately but it will happen.

pluga_4 said:
its not a problem, mcgrath was given a test cap and who would've thought he'd be playing 100+ tests and 500+ wickets

someone will put there hand up, may not be immediately but it will happen.
It's not a problem? Who will this person be?

Fred Yeomans said:
Mitchell Johnson (born 1981)
Paul Rofe (1981)
Adam Griffith (1978)
Griffith and Rofe will feature prominently in the national team within the next couple of years in my opinion.

Was also thinking of Darren Wates from WA. He's still in his 20s.

redbacksfan said:
Griffith and Rofe will feature prominently in the national team within the next couple of years in my opinion.

Was also thinking of Darren Wates from WA. He's still in his 20s.

Wates is an absolute poo chucker IMO. He will be lucky to play OD cricket for W.A this year.

I have faced him..nothing special.

sinepari said:
Wates is an absolute poo chucker IMO. He will be lucky to play OD cricket for W.A this year.

Ahh ok. What about Magoffin? Worthington? I don't know all that much about that trio.

Magoffin..yeah handy.

The one who is qual, and you'll find that he is rated by many senior cricket experts, is Brett Dorey. Is 27 or so and has been plaqued by injuries but is a quallity bowler

I also quite like edmondson.

Worthington is a handy allrounder at best.

Ahh yes. Edmondson. I couldn't remember the name. He bowled one of the best fast bowling spells I've ever seen in the final game of the 2003-04 season (SA v WA) here in Adelaide.

Pity there hasn't actually been all that more. Around 27/28 - average in the low 30s.

Can't really see him doing anything, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sinepari said:
Magoffin..yeah handy.

The one who is qual, and you'll find that he is rated by many senior cricket experts, is Brett Dorey. Is 27 or so and has been plaqued by injuries but is a quallity bowler

I also quite like edmondson.

Worthington is a handy allrounder at best.

Yeah, Justin Langer was talking him up on ABC radio last weekend.

Have spoken to Dave Hussey about him and he said his brother thinks Dorey looks the good, although injuries have ********ed up him breaking through in first-class cricket.

sinepari said:

May be in contention for the allrounders spot now that Ervine is injured, unless they decide to give Worthington or someone like Bandy a go.

WRT the original post, there's a young bloke playing for Freo (only 16-17 from memory) who bowls at ridiculous pace for such a young fella and swings in a mile, but I can't remember his name. He made either the state 15's or 17's last season. It's early days but he looks to be a fair prospect.

sinepari said:

go check his one day stats from last season. He is not a "poo chucker". Dont know how anyone who has played as much first class cricket as Wates can be called that

Wates>Dorey

ben.carbonaro said:
Yeah, Justin Langer was talking him up on ABC radio last weekend.

Have spoken to Dave Hussey about him and he said his brother thinks Dorey looks the good, although injuries have ********ed up him breaking through in first-class cricket.

Good bloke Dave isnt he

chunkylover said:
go check his one day stats from last season. He is not a "poo chucker". Dont know how anyone who has played as much first class cricket as Wates can be called that

Wates>Dorey

Get a clue will you. Have you faced them both?

Dorey is widely regarded as a quality fast bowler. He has been injured. Wates could only dream of being as good a bowler as Dorey.

INJURIES I TELL YOU. INJURIES

Freo Big Fella said:
May be in contention for the allrounders spot now that Ervine is injured, unless they decide to give Worthington or someone like Bandy a go.

WRT the original post, there's a young bloke playing for Freo (only 16-17 from memory) who bowls at ridiculous pace for such a young fella and swings in a mile, but I can't remember his name. He made either the state 15's or 17's last season. It's early days but he looks to be a fair prospect.

Coulter Nile.

A few others around too

C.Thompson..played Aus 19's this year in India.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia's lack of future fast bowlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back