Australia's lack of future fast bowlers

Remove this Banner Ad

sinepari said:
Get a clue will you. Have you faced them both?

Dorey is widely regarded as a quality fast bowler. He has been injured. Wates could only dream of being as good a bowler as Dorey.

INJURIES I TELL YOU. INJURIES

yeah, whats your point, injuries doesn't change the fact that wates is a better bowler, i know who i would rather face on a saturday arvo

chunkylover said:
yeah, whats your point, injuries doesn't change the fact that wates is a better bowler, i know who i would rather face on a saturday arvo

Have you faced Dorey?

He is quality., Marto thinks it, JL thinks it, Gilly thinks it.

ben.carbonaro said:
Yeah, probably one of the most friendly and approachable first-class players I have come into contact with.

Mike and Dave are both great guys. Dave is definitely very approachable. My mum used to think Mike was hot, but Dave was nicer haha.

Yeah, have noticed that about Mike as well.

It was raining a few years ago at the Camberwell Sports Ground when the Victorian 2nd XI were playing the WA 2nd XI and this was just before Dave had broken into the Victorian team.

Myself, including fellow poster on BF MRobbo were invited into the club rooms to have something to eat and to make a cuppa to warm ourselves up. All the players were in there and Dave was great to talk to.

We speak about WA cricket, his aspirations since coming to Victoria and also about Northamptonshire the county Mike played several seasons for.

sinepari said:
Have you faced Dorey?

He is quality., Marto thinks it, JL thinks it, Gilly thinks it.

yeah last season, didnt seem he was trying to hard, but watching wates bowl last year in one dayers couldn't help being impressed as i was a critic before but completely turned after his 10 straight efforts

chunkylover said:
yeah last season, didnt seem he was trying to hard, but watching wates bowl last year in one dayers couldn't help being impressed as i was a critic before but completely turned after his 10 straight efforts

No worries mate, we'll just have to agree to disagree. No doubt wates had a better year last year, but I still believe that had Dorey not been injured so frequently, he could have been an Australian representative.

Good to see you follow WA cricket though, not enough of us follow it around here

ben.carbonaro said:
What are you saying, Sinepari ?

I am Victorian but follow WACA 1st Grade, Chunkylover made a comment about how good my knowledge was.

Na mate you are very good. Definitely one of the best on here.

You even know Droppa, good effort

no worries sinepari, im sure our paths have crossed at times on the field and may do in the future. see ya in the waca outer at the ing cup games, i will be the one quietly appreciating another big effort from 10 straight wates 2/ 35 or something like that :p

chunkylover said:
no worries sinepari, im sure our paths have crossed at times on the field and may do in the future. see ya in the waca outer at the ing cup games, i will be the one quietly appreciating another big effort from 10 straight wates 2/ 35 or something like that :p

haha no worries.

the future is now and players like hilfenhaus and s clark have certainly put up their hands.

johnson and tait as expected will now feature in national teams as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did happen to Rofe.

Two years ago - when this thread started - I too was pretty convinced he would be playing for Australia when McGrath retired. NOw he can't make the state team. Seems to have gone seriously backwards

Hilfinhaus
Tait
Johnson

They will be the goods for the next few years.

And we have enough bit part bowlers to fill in the gaps

Watson
Bracken
Magoffin
Bollinger
Griffith
Aaron Bird
Andrew McDonald

So I think our quickies will be sweet for another 5 or 6 seasons yet

What did happen to Rofe.

Two years ago - when this thread started - I too was pretty convinced he would be playing for Australia when McGrath retired. NOw he can't make the state team. Seems to have gone seriously backwards

He's lost a fair bit of pace. Also is a terrible batsman and it's not exactly easy to get a spot ahead of Gillespie and Tait.

I still rate him though:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia's lack of future fast bowlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back