Review Autopsy/Vent thread vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do I say I don't barrack for dogs?
Do you enjoy getting beat every week by 60 + points?
Plenty of positive post when we deserved them.

If you want to be delusional there are plenty of positive posts around that will make you happy.
Nup I don't like it....but I understand why. We aren't a very good team. How is that mac as fault that we have huge holes in our list. The guy needs 5 years in the job to even be able to judge him.

Can't say I'm a fan of posters taking the names of real people as usernames. If I was a footy personality, I would not feel comfortable about someone posting behind my name, even if we did happen to have the same opinions. Try to be original people!
Yeah, jeez, be original with your usernames people!

:oops:

Was more going for the irony of my username with that post. ;)
Having 10 n's is actually original. I have not seen that in a username before :)

Yeah so back on topic, blasted umpires helping those head-ducking cheats rarrr rarr grrrrr :thumbsdown::mad:

Ernie Sigley is a former radio and tv host who was always known as a Footscray man. In all likelihood, it would just be like Chris Grant not being Chris Grant :p.

Of course I have no idea, just sayin'.

In all seriousness my name is really Chris Grant, that's not a lie. Obviously I'm not the famous one. I did try to change my username, but apparently you need to pay and I'm poor.

In all seriousness my name is really Chris Grant, that's not a lie. Obviously I'm not the famous one. I did try to change my username, but apparently you need to pay and I'm poor.
You should be honoured.

I feel your poorness pain.

Picken when used as a tagger over past years did his job well, but that job was mainly stopping outside mid types like Harvey, Deledio, S.Hill etc etc He was not able to match it with the bigger stronger elite inside mids due to his size and strength and his offensive output at stoppages and in centre square was quite limited. Lower on the other hand from those same teams is tagging Cotchin, Mundy and this week will get Swallow. Stopping the source of the main ball winner is far more effective than stopping a single runner, he hasn't won every week and playing against the best mids he won't, but he has been very effective in his role. As well as this he hits contest much harder with more impact than Picken due to his bigger frame generating further opportunites for our other mids.
So why on earth wasn't Picken used on Deledio 3 weeks ago? Deledio has confirmed to the football world in the last 2 weeks that he is useless when placed under any sort of defensive pressure. Furthermore, Picken has completely owned him every time we've played Richmond the last few seasons. It was dreadful coaching to allow a seagull like Deledio to run riot, knowing we had a perfect match-up for him who has previous form in shutting him down - for our MC to prioritise more defensive work into Jake King over Deledio cannot be justified in any way, shape or form.

Your Mum and Dad fans, or just a happy coincidence?

Nup I don't like it....but I understand why. We aren't a very good team. How is that mac as fault that we have huge holes in our list. The guy needs 5 years in the job to even be able to judge him.

Holes like too many crack in players and no outside spread/run? Definitely a fault of BMacs.

5 years of the same we won't exist. Thank Christ we didn't give Rhode or Hart 5 years

Holes like too many crack in players and no outside spread/run? Definitely a fault of BMacs.

5 years of the same we won't exist. Thank Christ we didn't give Rhode or Hart 5 years
I see BMac building the team just like the successful NFL teams have in recent years. Like successful NFL teams build from the trenches (offensive and defensive lines) out (to the receivers, etc) so too is BMac. He is first making sure we are very strong with the contested ball side of the game and then he will add the outside game. We all know that is easier to achieve than what the inside game is. We all might not like it but that's his plan and it will involve a few years of pain. If he gets it right, look out.

I see BMac building the team just like the successful NFL teams have in recent years. Like successful NFL teams build from the trenches (offensive and defensive lines) out (to the receivers, etc) so too is BMac. He is first making sure we are very strong with the contested ball side of the game and then he will add the outside game. We all know that is easier to achieve than what the inside game is. We all might not like it but that's his plan and it will involve a few years of pain. If he gets it right, look out.
Just on this, if you watch Hansen's review of Smith's game on the weekend he says something along the lines of, "And now that he thrives on the contest it's time to add the outside polish, so he'll be working to do that now." I'm pretty confident that this inside-out technique like you've suggested is what the coaching staff are seeking to do; they're not just neglecting everything outside the stoppage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on this, if you watch Hansen's review of Smith's game on the weekend he says something along the lines of, "And now that he thrives on the contest it's time to add the outside polish, so he'll be working to do that now." I'm pretty confident that this inside-out technique like you've suggested is what the coaching staff are seeking to do; they're not just neglecting everything outside the stoppage.
Easy peasy.
We'll now teach him how to kick, handball, run fast and make the right decisions.
How has this worked in the past?

Easy peasy.
We'll now teach him how to kick, handball, run fast and make the right decisions.
How has this worked in the past?
No, I see he stays doing what he does best - win the contested ball. But I see more skilful, outside runners being recruited in the next few drafts who will nicely compliment our group of inside players.

So you're honestly complaining with Smith, Talia, Macrae, Stringer, Prudden, Hrovat and Hunter? plus a few others.

And LOL who wouldn't you have delisted? Let me guess, Sherman?
Yes they are all 'gonna be' stars, according to this forum.
Sherman might not have been up to it, but could have done a job for us since we still have no run. He was even contracted for this year.
Add Stevens, Lower, Goodes and Young to you stars list.

Yes they are all 'gonna be' stars, according to this forum.
Sherman might not have been up to it, but could have done a job for us since we still have no run. He was even contracted for this year.
Add Stevens, Lower, Goodes and Young to you stars list.
Sherman's pace was overrated. Even David Hale could run him down.

I welcome the return of experience to blend with youth this weekend against North Melbourne. As good as our young players are and are going to be, a Western Bulldogs side missing Giansiracusa, Murphy and Griffen is going to seriously struggle, at this stage. I'm really excited by Clay Smith, Tom Liberatore and Koby Stevens, the nucleus of our next premiership midfield (One can dream).
McCartney's cleaning up an enormous mess. 2011 was a disaster for the Dogs in so many ways. We dropped off the radar, had to start from scratch, and had a terrible year with the added stink of an aging list. I feel terribly for Scott Watters as I think as the poisoned chalice he has been handed at St Kilda is in far worse nick than what Macca inherited. Over the next few years we'll reap enormous benefits from intelligent, educated and necessary drafting that has gifted us with players of obvious quality such as Clay Smith, Jake Stringer, Jack Macrae, Michael Talia and Tory Dickson, not to mention nabbing Stevens.
Enough with the hate of Macca. He's tackling a difficult task with great vigor, enthusiasm and is doing a terrific job.

Your Mum and Dad fans, or just a happy coincidence?

Total coincidence. My parents are Richmond and Geelong fans plus I was born before the great man was even on the list. I followed the bulldogs because we had the same name.

Very honoured to have the same name as Granty. Wish I had an inch of his talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Autopsy/Vent thread vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back