Autopsy Autopsy vs Geelong - Geelong think so little of us that at one stage their starting midfield was Stanley/Bruhn/Dempsey/Atkins & they won the clearance

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast have more chance of getting one this year than us.

AFL is only interested in propping up sides in the markets they want to promote or big clubs that generate revenue.

The sooner people realise that, the more disappointed they won’t be when it doesn’t happen.

Last edited:

Lmac had a marginally better game overall but he can't command the respect from his teammates if this is his ceiling. He's not alone as Jy hasn't exactly been flash as of recent.

The rot starts from the top of the playing group and our co-captains are not leading this group properly.

I would seriously consider reassigning the captain badge. One player this time instead.

So Stengle 5, Rankine 5, Weightman 6. Just a teeny weeny trend there
I said their smalls will have ten shots.

They had 10 shots.

I can see this sitting on my couch three days before the game.

Can the coaches?

About what I expected, a 10 goal loss, but didn't expect to be so thoroughly smashed through the middle and that was before Simpkin concussed.
Phillips and Powell would help in this area but we still lack classy and quick two way runners in there.
Positives were Cooper, Zurhaar, LDU, TT, Sheezel, Fordy and Scott. Thought Lazzaro and Perez showed a bit in flashes.
LMac - just plain awful, father time catching up with him taking a battering all these year? Should be dropped for Goater or Archer.
Corr - was starting to looking ok then kicks it straight to the oppo. Probably stays in another game.
Ziebell - Gives a 100% but his foot skills and decision making real poor. Him and Lmac in a possession chain is "cover your eyes" can't watch type stuff.
Lachie Young - played 42 games, I'd delist, had enough time and shown not AFL standard. Probably gets another game though unless Archer?.
Perez - 21 games. He has some talent to my eyes but injuries have cruelled him. Persist for another year.
Lazzaro - 26 games, is is too early to write him off? Thought he worked into the game a bit better. Another year as contracted.
Ford - Just keep pumping games into him. Has talent and class.
Cooper - Looks like he'll make it. Very good first game I thought. Keep pumping games into him
Xerri - 25 games played. Again is it too early to make a call? Not convinced with his football skill level though

For some reason, Rich are our biatch

But at most 2 wins to end the year
Am starting to think a really left field trade is the only way out

The left field trade is zurhaar. Likely has currency. CP, Brayden George, Harvey, TT can all play half forward and he isn't that great on the spread. Could likely be replaced with a player like Flanders on the cheap, who is more versatile.

The only issue is that we all love him and he is larkeys best mate.

People have been so against Larkey being captain but what is the issue exactly?

You need someone that can show a bit of arrogance onfield and has a personality. Give the bloke a shot especially when forwards can see how things are breaking down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were lazy and weak from the first bounce. Completely bullied by their midfield. Our defence faced a barrage and our forwards barely got a look as it was camped in their half. Just completely insipid footy from those in the middle.

Anyone celebrating us “fighting it out” is completely kidding themselves. They took their foot off the gas after half time, made their sub to rest Blicavs for a half. They were that uninspired after half time they were launching torps for fun in the last quarter. Spare me the we were good after quarter time nonsense.

Hawks will smash us next week, and I now really doubt we’ll beat the eagles over there in a few weeks. We are cooked.

People have been so against Larkey being captain but what is the issue exactly?

You need someone that can show a bit of arrogance onfield and has a personality. Give the bloke a shot especially when forwards can see how things are breaking down.
I’m not keen on him as captain, but when he started playing higher up he had a much greater impact than CCJ and Xerri, who both almost invisible in that role.

Risk and reward when you turn it off. I wasn’t elated by the second half, but it did bring me closer to balance on expectations.
100%. I normally don’t, but I’ve been sick all week and finally come good today. Rather than sit through that trash it made more sense to work through some of the chores I haven’t been able to while bed ridden lol.
So that was my reward.

"The cream is starting to rise to the top"

They just beat the shittest side in a decade to get just into the 8. Come off it.

That being said, the way the game started, a 62 point loss is a better result...

Yep, was genuinely bracing myself for a 162 point mid-week crisis talks type loss at half time.

I can’t see us winning v Hawks v Eagles to be honest

The pits of football hell

Fire Elmo GIF
This Is The Worst Kill Me GIF by Film Riot
Burning On Fire GIF by Lovecraft Country

Hardly much solace but personally I think losing by 171 point to a team who themselves are going through the leanest period for years is smouldering in the pits of football hell. We are more like stranded on a pile of rocks 20 feet from the opening of hell, we can see daylight, keep telling ourselves if we can see daylight there is still hope, but have no f***ing idea how we are going to start to escape, and have the feeling we could fall at anytime.
Kind of like that camera crew that were stranded near the mouth of a volcano and couldn't get out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Geelong - Geelong think so little of us that at one stage their starting midfield was Stanley/Bruhn/Dempsey/Atkins & they won the clearance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back