Movie "avatar"

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: "AVATAR" - the new James Cameron movie to come out in 2009

Am I the only one around here who could car less about seeing this?

Got heaps of free tickets so probably will end up catching it on the big screen, but all the motion capture and CGI stuff to me is a big turn off.

Hopefully Cameron does this interesting concept justice.

Sup?

Saw it IMAX 3D tonight, really really enjoyed it.

A lot more than I was expecting, and visually better than anything I've ever seen. The detail was incredible and almost unnecessary, but even without it I still would have enjoyed the plot

This is what I feared...

Time will tell if Schembri is being a pretentious knob, or if the story does lack depth compared to the effects.

I suspect it will be a little from column A and a little from column B... sound like another Cameron film we all know?

story is abit patchy imo....... it is a mish mash of a number of films.....

but its so visually stunning that I didn't really care..... worth the 22 bucks.

Saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. Worthington was fantastic, proud that he's an Aussie. Cbf posting more about it right now, will tomorrow.

If your not gonna see it in 3d, then don't even bother. Visually stunning.

Saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. Worthington was fantastic, proud that he's an Aussie. Cbf posting more about it right now, will tomorrow.

If your not gonna see it in 3d, then don't even bother. Visually stunning.

So if it can't be seen as all other films of this time that it isn't about the story or the plot or the characters, it's about the visualisation and therefore it is a shit film.

So if it can't be seen as all other films of this time that it isn't about the story or the plot or the characters, it's about the visualisation and therefore it is a shit film.

Its made to be seen in 3d, if your not going to see it how it's intended to be see then why bother? The 3d experience adds to the film and is a crucial part of the story in showing off the planet Pandora.

You can't compare it to movies of this time, because it's way ahead of it's time.

I saw it last night at a mates cinema. It was only in 2d but the fact it was free was enough for me.

Absolutely loved it. Thought it world was very well produced, and the storyline was very interesting. Am tempted to see it again in 3d, but I'm unsure whether it's worth the 3 hours again. Mind you, the reviews for the 3d version here are all glowing so I may have to.

probably the best movie of the year, some of the scenery was remarkable. storyline was great. worthington is such a talented actor i wont be surprised if he wins an oscar in his acting career.

It was absolutly brilliant, great movie.
I also saw it in 2d and it was still worth it, jordanrobbo3 doesn't know what he is talking about, Im sure the 3d was briliiant, but it looked great in 2d as well and the plot is more important then the visuals unless you are 12 years old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sort of agree, but the main selling point of this film are the visuals. The plot is nothing new and it's the ground breaking effects that will make it a blockbuster.
The 3d would have made it even better Im sure, but even without it is a great movie and well worth the money.

Wow.

The film actually does make you care, and gets you pretty emotional at times.

But the scenery and wildlife of Pandora. Just a remarkable visual extravaganza, the likes of which we have never seen. I saw it in 3D today, and I'll be seeing it again.

I saw it in 2D and it was still a great film. Visually stunning, and the plot was great too- some elements (such as the romance) where very predictable. But other than that, i thought it was a great film.

This thread is getting me more excited about seeing it on monday. Better be ****ing epic now ;)

This thread is getting me more excited about seeing it on monday. Better be ****ing epic now ;)

Haha me too. I got too excited and arranged to see it tomorrow morning though. Should be fun.

Just came back from IMAX 3d screening.

OMFG. Seriously one of the best films I've ever seen. I even found myself tearing up in different parts.

Visually the film is mouth watering, the wild life and nature that is created is MIND BLOWING to say the least. It takes the human mind to a new place of pure bliss. If there was ever a garden of Eden Pandora is the place.

I've never encountered a film that has sucked me in to the extent of actually believing I was apart of the film, or that I was actually there witnessing all of it go on.

To me AVATAR is like taking trip to another planet for 3 hours, literally. The 3D is phenomenal and the sound is and atmosphere of Pandora is extraordinary. The film is so out there and so creative that it really does allow any normal person to feel and see something so abnormal and beautiful.

I was initially unsure about AVATAR although I have followed it's progress for the last 2 years. But Cameron has hit the mark on this one, creating cinematic history with a hypnotizing effect.

Honestly with no other film ever reaching these sorts of boundaries I'm giving it 9.5/10. I'm not even sure why I can't give it 10/10 only because i feel that the perfect film is never reachable.

I'm fresh out of the screening and I'm still shaking, I didn't want it to end, after seeing AVATAR this life seriously feels like a flat tyre.

Richskee:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie "avatar"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back