B Section B Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So an Ormond guy that was not in any officiating capacity believing it was his job to approach the umpires on the playing field to tell them that going by his watch the game went an extra 2 seconds.

Yeah that should be ok to take to the league as a protest. Good luck with that one Ormond!

Well, not quite.
Briza didn't tell the full story as the OC timekeeper sounded the siren when HIS clock went off, and it allegedly differed from the Ormond clock by 2 seconds.

He wasn't watching the play but rather his clock and they had gone by his clock for the first three quarters, so he really did nothing wrong.

Ormond would also have to prove the umpires would have heard it before the kick as the game is over when the ump hears it not when it is blown.

Either way it isn't approrpriate for a spectator to approach the umps on field about this, particuarly when for the first three quarters they had been using the OC clock, as they did in the last. To use the Ormoind clock suddenly, wouldn't have made much sense. Obviously everyone very emotional to lose in such dramatic circumstances

Mixfish quite rightly points out that the Ormond timekeeper didn't have a problem.

Issue dead.

jesus...very hot under the collar boys...

a change of pace perhaps?...

Predictions for relegation and the last spot in the 4????

Relegation-
OC
Hampton

Top 4-
St b
OM
St k
Trinity

Well, not quite.
[SIZE=+2]Briza didn't tell the full story[/SIZE] as the OC timekeeper sounded the siren when HIS clock went off, and it allegedly differed from the Ormond clock by 2 seconds.

He wasn't watching the play but rather his clock and they had gone by his clock for the first three quarters, so he really did nothing wrong.

Ormond would also have to prove the umpires would have heard it before the kick as the game is over when the ump hears it not when it is blown.

Either way it isn't approrpriate for a spectator to approach the umps on field about this, particuarly when for the first three quarters they had been using the OC clock, as they did in the last. To use the Ormoind clock suddenly, wouldn't have made much sense. Obviously everyone very emotional to lose in such dramatic circumstances

Mixfish quite rightly points out that the Ormond timekeeper didn't have a problem.

Issue dead.

He's been doing a bit of that lately. Sorry Briza, couldn't resist.

Who has said (I mean someone who would know) that the Monders intend protesting?

couldn't give 2 stuffs about your ground or your club

the incident was well behind play, the bernards player was hit whilst he was watching the play. ... if u want to continue to dance around it, so be it... we will let the trib decide

No one from that game reported according to the VAFA website.

The person that entered the ground was in fact the Team Manager who was standing next to the Ormond timekeeper, apparently it was the OC clock that started beeping as as soon as it beeps he should have pushed the siren. The Ormond timekeeper and the TM were both pleading with him to blow the siren well before the goal was kicked. I don't think it was intentional on his part as he got sucked into watching the play unfold, amazingly he pushed it as it went though the goals.

The person that entered the ground was in fact the Team Manager who was standing next to the Ormond timekeeper, apparently it was the OC clock that started beeping as as soon as it beeps he should have pushed the siren. The Ormond timekeeper and the TM were both pleading with him to blow the siren well before the goal was kicked. I don't think it was intentional on his part as he got sucked into watching the play unfold, amazingly he pushed it as it went though the goals.

Sorry bedford, simply untrue.

Read my previous post on this matter and any investigation will bear this out.

The OC timekeeper, who apparantly is a solicitor, is prepared to swear he was watching his clock for the last few seconds and not the play.

His clock went off after the Ormond one and they had been using his all day. Apparantly!

I glad you said apparantly!

Anyway , you only have to win one more and surely with playing two sides below you, you will.

obviously knowing 'buckers' quite well its a shame his reputation is being tarnished by posters giving shady versions of what happened, i know i was watching the ball and not this incident, im assuming most of you were also. To come on here and state "facts" about what happened, with the accused not able to defend their actions, slightly tragic. He is a fantastic guy, very strong ethical character who would be as dissapointed as any by what has transpired. I know if i had been 'king hit' behind play 'discracefully' and i had team-mates around, i know exactly what they would do. I wonder if that is a reflection of the tightness of the bernies group, or a hint towards the severity of the incident. I suspect the latter.

Let the tribunal sought out whatever punishment they see appropriate, and that should suffice. His character doesnt need to be attacked by people behind keyboards.

The OC timekeeper, who apaprantly is a solicitor, is prepared to swear he was watching his clock for the last few seconds and not the play.

His clock went off after the Ormond one and they had been using his all day. Apparantly!

Anyway , you only have to win one more and surely with playing two sides below you, you will.

What's that got to do with it FFS?

Does everyone have to 'fill their pants' because he is a solicitor?

As long as he can read a clock and press a button, big deal

The OC timekeeper, who apaprantly is a solicitor, is prepared to swear he was watching his clock for the last few seconds and not the play.

Its not going to solve anything on here, we can't decide so who knows what will happen. And to say he is a Solicitor, so what does that mean he can't make a mistake

obviously knowing 'buckers' quite well its a shame his reputation is being tarnished by posters giving shady versions of what happened, i know i was watching the ball and not this incident, im assuming most of you were also. To come on here and state "facts" about what happened, with the accused not able to defend their actions, slightly tragic. He is a fantastic guy, very strong ethical character who would be as dissapointed as any by what has transpired. I know if i had been 'king hit' behind play 'discracefully' and i had team-mates around, i know exactly what they would do. I wonder if that is a reflection of the tightness of the bernies group, or a hint towards the severity of the incident. I suspect the latter.

Let the tribunal sought out whatever punishment they see appropriate, and that should suffice. His character doesnt need to be attacked by people behind keyboards.

As I said earlier, according to the VAFA website nobody was reported from that game. What do the references to tribunal mean? Do the Bernies intend lodging a complaint?

The same applies to the OC v Ormond issue and the talk of protests. Where has an official from Ormond said there would be a protest?

The same applies to the OC v Ormond issue and the talk of protests. Where has an official from Ormond said there would be a protest?

There hasn't it won't happen. We should never of let it get to the last kick of the game (literally!) to lose. Plenty of opportunities to win it before then. Very disappointing way to lose, hearing things like what Bedford has stated after the match just makes it worse, but not a great deal can be done now. We move on, Old Trinity next week.

b0915.gif

Ugh.

There hasn't it won't happen. We should never of let it get to the last kick of the game (literally!) to lose. Plenty of opportunities to win it before then. Very disappointing way to lose, hearing things like what Bedford has stated after the match just makes it worse, but not a great deal can be done now. We move on, Old Trinity next week.

Well said Gunny!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you there GR

I was Bedford. We can't go around with all this heresay. It may have happened, but how can anyone prove it? One sides word against the other. End of story.

im very curious carl, as to where this judgement of hamptons culture that u have has come from.. i suspect you dont have a lot of contact hours with many of our players or officials, or get to too many of our games.

PLEASE, please fill us all in on how you have such a vast knowledge of our clubs culture.

oh and carl while your at it, this thug mentality we have.. back that up with something meaningful as well please.

ill save you some research, 1 player suspended for the year.. and in that incident both players from both teams were suspended.

I think you guys are taking this whole thing a bit far.

and carl saying Hampton came up to b-grade by default? please explain?

back to footy...

dare I say, skobs to get rolled again by a sizable margin this weekend?
Haileybury to beat old melbs?

Big game for the SKOB boys, they certainly miss their FF, CHF, CHB, Ruckman and other gun recruits amongst others out.
They have put 10 wins on the board so they should be safe for finals, big game though, Carey 'owned' them same game last year.

Big game for the SKOB boys, they certainly miss their FF, CHF, CHB, Ruckman and other gun recruits amongst others out.
They have put 10 wins on the board so they should be safe for finals, big game though, Carey 'owned' them same game last year.

not that you are making excuses Briza!! LMAO!

Overall, SKOB would have to concede that they have generally had a pretty good injury run in 2009.

Skob "owned" Carey round one!

Miiiiiiikkkkkkkee!

not that you are making excuses Briza!! LMAO!

Overall, SKOB would have to concede that they have generally had a pretty good injury run in 2009.

Skob "owned" Carey round one!

Miiiiiiikkkkkkkee!

Have not seen you down at Righetti SR. Dont think the run with injury has been good at all...especially in the second half of the year...missing pretty much the whole spine and almost every one of the better players have missed games. Having said that all sides have injuries so no excuses. Would be nice to knock off Carey and seal a finals spot.

ps clearly didnt see round 1. Carey were over 5 goals up in the 3rd quarter.

Have not seen you down at Righetti SR. Dont think the run with injury has been good at all...especially in the second half of the year...missing pretty much the whole spine and almost every one of the better players have missed games. Having said that all sides have injuries so no excuses. Would be nice to knock off Carey and seal a finals spot.

Yep , before being reduced to 15 fit players plus one fit one on the bench due to an n-o-b of an official. Anyway old news, will be a few interesting games this week

What was the final result?

Wasn't it skob by plenty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back