B Section B Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc - is there a real rivalry between these two being across the road from eachother??
old avondale heights - can't see them losing to om's, although would really perpetuate the 'myth' of chokers....
camb - u never really know with these two though
oh - skob will battle hard but i think its over
bernards - look to be coming good now after a little stumble, beauy going backwards

To the subject of B Grade jumpers and their respective qualities. I offer the following rankings and observations for your dicsussion:

1. OM's - Classic combination steeped in history. Very elegant.
2. Caulfield - Not far behind OM's. Understated, classical and clean. Juddy once wore it.
3. OH - Magenta with black yoke and gold numbers. Actually looks better than it reads. And this is not a strong field!
4. SKOB - Blue and green should ne'er be seen. Gold hoops. Somehow it defies any number of fashion axioms to actually look OK. Now about those hoodies.....
5. Old Carey - Would rate much higher however any jumper with an animal on the front re-kindles memories of the Brisbane Bears disaster. Lose the feline and it is pushing top 3.
6. Beaumaris - the Willie Blue and Gold is starting to look a little dated - not the worst.
7. Camberwell - Started on the right track with OM / Caulfield navy blue and then completely lost the plot with that Nursery blue yoke. Too close to Ormond's abomination for my liking.
8. OE -Shocking colour / design combination offset by a logo which probably seemed a good idea at the time.
9. Marcellin - Pastel corner. Mauve, pale blue and lemon, It looks like Ken Done's fence. A struggle to take it seriously
10. St Bernards - What can one say? Looks like Big Bird in a budgie cage....wearing blue lipstick.

Are you fair dinkum? You pot me about commenting on the golf (at least it's sport), and then within half an hour you make a detailed assessment on the fashion of every club in the league...

As stated in a previous post if you read it, I'll give Norman his credit, he did earn a spot in next years Masters, he also led 3 days of a British Open, and lost, AGAIN! But if he doesn't want to cop the critisism of playing at the top level (side note: I don't think he gives a rats), then he doesn't have to play.
And for anyone else that's going to stick up for big Greg, please don't bother, I'll spell the gist of my original and subsequent message out....HISTORY WOULD SUGGEST THAT OLD ESSENDON GRAMMARIANS FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE FAILED TO CAPTURE THEIR BEST FORM IN FINALS IN RECENT YEARS.

I'll take your advice and stick to footy, perhaps you're better suited to the cat walks in Milan Nancyboy.

make or break tips this week:

Old carey vs marcelin
- should benefit from 2 big in's
OEG vs OM
- I will get shot down here, just think OM have recruited wisely post 30/6, interesting to see how they go
CG vs oCamb
- home crowd/ground
BrianSpeaking vs Blood4Life
Beauy vs StBernards
- Beauy tryng to kick their 10th goal in 3 games should be good to watch

...as walnuts, rackman

marcellin....just more to play for
OEG to rebound but woul not be surpised if it went the other way.
OC...reckon the fielders are gone
SKOB....side has impressed in the last few and the ground will suit
Snowdogs....I know beauy are gone.

marcellin....just more to play for
OEG to rebound but woul not be surpised if it went the other way.
OC...reckon the fielders are gone
SKOB....side has impressed in the last few and the ground will suit
Snowdogs....I know beauy are gone.

ps not at the game today so any quick match day scores/reports would be welcome.

ps not at the game today so any quick match day scores/reports would be welcome.
SKOBS beaten by OH
Umpires an utter disgrace..........did not protect the player allday for both sides.For game of the round you would think they would have umpires who new the rules,the boundary umpires were just as bad for they couldnt keep up with play.[unfit]

They all should not be back.........................

2:00 PM
Sat 26/Jul

Carey Sports Complex
OLD CAREY 12.13-85 def. MARCELLIN 9.9-63 2:00 PM
Sat 26/Jul

Essendon Grammar School
OLD ESSENDON 19.17-131 def. OLD MELBURNIANS 7.10-52 2:00 PM
Sat 26/Jul

Glenhuntly Oval
CAULFIELD GRAM. 12.13-85 def. by OLD CAMBERWELL 20.16-136 2:00 PM
Sat 26/Jul

Righetti Oval
ST KEVINS 14.10-94 def. by OLD HAILEYBURY 15.16-106 2:00 PM
Sat 26/Jul

Trevor Barker Oval
BEAUMARIS 8.12-60 def. by ST BERNARDS 21.11-137

Old Carey have done OH a favour although STB keep winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

b0814.gif

Blooded4life is a Haileybury man pal, dunno why this post would be directed at him considering where they finished last year.
Sorry pal , it sounded like something the boys from keilor hill would say.
It seems the pretenders from OH are of the same breed......anyway good luck for the finals.[you both will need it].

Hey BS

Kshhhhhhhhhhhhh

2582416525_d823e2d380.jpg

That's me on Saturday night cracking a can IN YOUR CLUB ROOMS on behalf of OEG and OH, with a smile on my face and saying "well that's your season f*cked."

Nice one Blooded:thumbsu: Not sure that BS was there to have a beer in the rooms afterwards, it was hard to tell with the huge amount of skobs in there. Who cares anyway they are gone. Hopefully they can get a better ground before we have to play them again, Righetti is a disgrace:thumbsdown:.

Nice one Blooded:thumbsu: Not sure that BS was there to have a beer in the rooms afterwards, it was hard to tell with the huge amount of skobs in there. Who cares anyway they are gone. Hopefully they can get a better ground before we have to play them again, Righetti is a disgrace:thumbsdown:.

I wouldnt let my dog sh!t on Righetti, couldnt wait to get the 4 points and get out of that dump...

Some possibilities from Saturdays results.
Beau 1/10 Caul 1/2 OMel 10/9 for the relegation battle.
OEG StB and OH favourites for promotion, but the door is ajar in the battle for 4th spot. Marc are currently 2.5 games clear of SKOB and 3 clear of OCar and have
OM (a) OCam (h) OH (a) SKOB (a) and would be a chance of losing all 4.
SKOBS have
Stb (a) Beau (h) OCam (a) Marc (h) while OCarey have the easiest run
Caul (a) OM (h) OEG (a) Beau (h). Could be an interesting month with 4th decided by %

Some possibilities from Saturdays results.
Beau 1/10 Caul 1/2 OMel 10/9 for the relegation battle.
OEG StB and OH favourites for promotion, but the door is ajar in the battle for 4th spot. Marc are currently 2.5 games clear of SKOB and 3 clear of OCar and have
OM (a) OCam (h) OH (a) SKOB (a) and would be a chance of losing all 4.
SKOBS have
Stb (a) Beau (h) OCam (a) Marc (h) while OCarey have the easiest run
Caul (a) OM (h) OEG (a) Beau (h). Could be an interesting month with 4th decided by %

the top 4 was settled ages ago....why are people trying to make the race for the finals interesting ? ITS NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back