Back problems thread (Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Surgery etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow you must be pretty brave to give the ok for surgery even though the epidural worked.. No doubt the pain would've returned though if the mri showed that it was the same.

My surgeon has said to me that for my leg pain there is a very good chance after surgery that the pain will be gone but not as much chance for the back pain. My leg pain isn't that bad though and it's bearable. It's more a back thing for me and being unable to walk or sit because of it.

He said I should have the epidural at least 2-3 times before I seriously consider surgery. Hey, how funny is it when people who have never had back issues and have never played sport or done weights at all in their life try to give you advice on how to fix the problem. The other day I was told to buy some stupid belt off the net and that I don't need to have a needle put in haha

Yep well the epidural worked in that it stopped the excruciating leg pain, but I was still really restricted eg. no gym, no exercise other than walking so had to make the tough call, and glad i did. My back was never actually very sore at all, was just the shocking pain in my glute/hammy/knee/calf/foot.

Since my surgery 18 months ago, the leg pain has gone completely. My back is stiff in winter on cold mornings, but once up and about it's fine. I still get the occasional funny feeling in my leg, but the surgeon told me the nerve could take many years to fully recover from being compressed for so long. Not restricted at all though. Could probably play footy again but with full time work think it's best to give it a miss. You'll be right!

Yep well the epidural worked in that it stopped the excruciating leg pain, but I was still really restricted eg. no gym, no exercise other than walking so had to make the tough call, and glad i did. My back was never actually very sore at all, was just the shocking pain in my glute/hammy/knee/calf/foot.

Since my surgery 18 months ago, the leg pain has gone completely. My back is stiff in winter on cold mornings, but once up and about it's fine. I still get the occasional funny feeling in my leg, but the surgeon told me the nerve could take many years to fully recover from being compressed for so long. Not restricted at all though. Could probably play footy again but with full time work think it's best to give it a miss. You'll be right!

I don't think I ever want to do gym again as that is what f'd me up.

I'm hoping to be able to run one day though.

For those of you that have back pain, even serious back problems like me that may require injections/surgery, I strongly recommend the following device.

I saw it on A Current Affair and got it 2 weeks ago and it immediately gave me more relief in 1 day than the epidural gave me at all.

It's called the wi touch pro and it's a tens machine. I have an l5/s1 bulge touching the nerve and before I used this I could hardly walk to the letterbox my back pain was so bad. This has given me great relief and I will be attending the footy on Saturday and it will be my first game since the Richmond/Footscray game this year where I had to pop all sorts of heavy painkillers to go (and was still in severe pain).

I use the device twice a day (morning and night) and have found that it has allowed me to do many more things and function way better than I was.

I HIGHLY RECOMMENDED it for hours of pain relief!

07b6232d1b954d6f255819da479b7bd1.jpg

http://www.uhealth-aus.com/shop/item/witouch-pro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back