Back to back baby!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F*******ing awesome day for you mate.......what impressed me most was the way the players got around and embraced their supporters post game......good on you guys........brilliant win......well deserved!!!!

Thanks Jimmy it's a beautiful thing winning a GF as you well know mate and the perfect Melbourne weather added to the party atmosphere. Good crowd too, lots of respect both ways before the start of the game.

I'll get back to the shitfights soon but just basking in the afterglow at the moment :)

What a game. An amazing performance that very few could have predicted. And it's nice to have a thread on the bay in which to bask in the glory, without launching into a million shitfights.

Euphoria and alcohol meant that shit got a bit outta hand around here yesterday. Normal service will resume soon I'm sure.

I hope.

**** I wish I didn't wake up this morning. Hangovers and post traumatic stress do not mix well. Congrats OP and all the other non-floggy Hawk fans.

The Swans played like we did in the 2010 GF replay, insipid effort, at least we had the excuse of spending all our petrol tickets the week before.

Nothing worse than seeing your team get flogged in a GF, you're better off not making it at all, scars you for life.

Just ask Port supporters, they'll always be scarred by their 119 flogging in 2007 no matter what other success they have.

F*******ing awesome day for you mate.......what impressed me most was the way the players got around and embraced their supporters post game......good on you guys........brilliant win......well deserved!!!!

Did you mean the bloke who stuck his head between players legs, and the other supporter who just had to extend his arm through the other players legs ?

Cringeworthy

I don't get the Hawf obsession with back 2 back? :confused: They make such a big deal about 88-89 and now this? :confused: I wonder why? :confused: What really matters in day to day life is who's the defending and the next premier. It's not like there's a competition/ladder to win multiple premierships on the trot?

Dermutt Brereton has made a huge deal about it over the years. I mean in recent years, we've seen Brisbane do three on the trot, and even Adelaide have done it. Adelaide have never even been a dominant team!:$ So what the big deal?

I think 89 is a big deal for them. Because at that point, in the 70s/80s, they made numerous GF appearances, and never got over the line defending a premiership. It would've been a Dunstall like gorilla on their back at the start of the 89 GF, and squeaky bum time in the closing minutes. In fact 89 was their first successful defence of a premiership, at their 7th attempt! Amateurs! :$

Carlton have defended a premiership 4 times, including a 3peat at first attempt. Collingwood defended a premiership at their first attempt, and 3 other occasions (a 4 fa!). Melbourne 4 times, 3rd attempt, with a 3peat ( :$ Hawforn). Richmond in their first go. Geelong 4th attempt. Adelaide 1st go. ****, even the Lions successfully defended their premiership at their first attempt...Twice! They've gone b2b 4 times too! So what's the big deal about Hawforn going b2b?

The only reason why this b2b is made a big deal of is because it's the only solace Hawf mongs had during the Cats dynasty. Deep down they knew the Geelong were better.

Fair dinkum Geelong flogs. You Karmichaels are shit at being a leading team and being in a rivalry, aren't ya? All this goo your chugging in teh Bay over the Cawks? That's not how you behave towards a rival. No wonder you had to make one up with Tassie, over the most overrated GF, that you were never going to win from qtr time? :$:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to back baby!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back