List Mgmt. Bailey Smith officially nominates Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

One comment on Twitter was a 3 letter word starting with 'D'...

I had no issue reporting it

Not sure if I've got rose coloured glasses on our something, but were we as Geelong fans (at least on here) ever this bad when Kelly requested a trade back to WA?
I don't recall seeing much bad stuff, a few comments about his partner, but that's more reflective of society's attitude toward women than anything else.

Geelong fans in general seem to be a bit better than other fans in this space. Rare to hear Geelong fans boo opposition or players who've left for greener pastures.

Club culture and supporter culture seem to mirror each other.

We must give Bailey a chance 😊

I believe that his dedication to training could morph into a terrific attitude in the right place.

I acknowledge your reticence, was an absolute ‘no’ to him originally. Then transitioned to ‘In Wells I trust’.

Hoping he thrives at Geelong, he’s been given a second chance.
This is exactly it.

I think with the way Luke Beveridge conducts himself, you can get a fair idea of how things are at Footscray. A bit more "old school" football club vibes and culture.

That sort of environment isn't going to be the right fit for the new breed of young players.

This is exactly it.

I think with the way Luke Beveridge conducts himself, you can get a fair idea of how things are at Footscray. A bit more "old school" football club vibes and culture.

That sort of environment isn't going to be the right fit for the new breed of young players.
Stengle is an example. Thrived at Geelong, then one aberration, Geelong supported him + he was back to applying himself + good form 😻

Certain personalities require guidance instead of a guilt trip.

Bulldogs fans are now celebrating that Bont & Libba have reportedly unfollowed Bailey on social media - it’s the weirdest flex

I compare that with Geelong players who’ve moved to new teams and they’re still followed on social media channels by now former Geelong teammates, even the club etc

Bulldogs fans are now celebrating that Bont & Libba have reportedly unfollowed Bailey on social media - it’s the weirdest flex

I compare that with Geelong players who’ve moved to new teams and they’re still followed on social media channels by now former Geelong teammates, even the club etc
Subtract 2 followers from 345 thousand people.

"Yeah!! That'll show him!"

- Some nuffie on twitter.

I don't recall seeing much bad stuff, a few comments about his partner, but that's more reflective of society's attitude toward women than anything else.

Geelong fans in general seem to be a bit better than other fans in this space. Rare to hear Geelong fans boo opposition or players who've left for greener pastures.

Club culture and supporter culture seem to mirror each other.
It helps that we don't usually lose good, wanted players. Kelly would have been the last, and that hurt a bit but we quickly turned that into Cameron and then won the flag while WCE fell off a cliff and are still down there. It would have been a bit crass to hear Geelong fans boo the guy as we burned his team to the ground in a half of football in round 24.

If we fell down the ladder and stayed there more regularly, and then had players leaving us for greener pastures, we might see more vocal resentment of such moves

It helps that we don't usually lose good, wanted players. Kelly would have been the last, and that hurt a bit but we quickly turned that into Cameron and then won the flag while WCE fell off a cliff and are still down there. It would have been a bit crass to hear Geelong fans boo the guy as we burned his team to the ground in a half of football in round 24.

If we fell down the ladder and stayed there more regularly, and then had players leaving us for greener pastures, we might see more vocal resentment of such moves
GAJ says Hi

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Bailey Smith officially nominates Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back