Recommitted Bailey Smith [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol maybe don't believe everything the AFL media tells you.

I suspect us and Smith is a smokescreen from his manager, as it likely was with Parish and Ash - who'll be re-signing soon.

Darcy was a flat out lie, refuted by all from both sides - including his manager (read the Darcy thread for more context).

TDK and Doedee are the only 'real' likelihoods at this stage - and they're not exactly 'cap breaking' players.

I still think either one of Redman or Parish will leave Essendon as well.

True. Seems like Bevo has tenure at the Dogs for life (they will never sack him imo)

I wonder if Hawthorn will come calling given he was a mad Hawks fan growing up ?

Someone should email them to make sure they know, just in case they think he barracked for another team as a kid and that’s why they haven’t tried to trade for him.

This is how it goes

2020 - "Its okay, we have just backended Tom Stewarts deal and he will earn more later on. By doing that we can afford Jeremy Cameron now"
2023 - "Tom Stewart fricken old as. He wont be on big coin nowadays like he was before. We can easily afford Bailey Smith"

Perhaps you are jelly that the mighty Eagles messed up their cap.

This is how it goes

2020 - "Its okay, we have just backended Tom Stewarts deal and he will earn more later on. By doing that we can afford Jeremy Cameron now"
2023 - "Tom Stewart fricken old as. He wont be on big coin nowadays like he was before. We can easily afford Bailey Smith"
It's not one player though, it's like quarter of our list out of contract. We've run out of players to pay

Geelong's salary cap is not the main point for me, they simply haven't got the draft assets required to satisfy the Dogs if they decided to move Smith on (esp as he is still contracted for another year)

Hawks, Saints and possibly Essendon are in much stronger positions to trade for Smith (I don't think Carlton, Collingwood or North Melbourne would be interested tbh)

Not sure about the Dees, doesn't sound like he is the type of personality that would gel with Goodwin tbh

Geelong's salary cap is not the main point for me, they simply haven't got the draft assets required to satisfy the Dogs if they decided to move Smith on (esp as he is still contracted for another year)

Hawks, Saints and possibly Essendon are in much stronger positions to trade for Smith (I don't think Carlton, Collingwood or North Melbourne would be interested tbh)

Not sure about the Dees, doesn't sound like he is the type of personality that would gel with Goodwin tbh

Our first will be decent this year, and a club might forecast our first next year will be decent as well..

Regardless of that this is a humanitarian issue and the Dogs need to do the right thing.

Our first will be decent this year, and a club might forecast our first next year will be decent as well..

Regardless of that this is a humanitarian issue and the Dogs need to do the right thing.
Sam Power will do what’s best for the club and if that is holding Bailey Smith to his contract for another year then so be it.

Lol

Geelong were not very 'humanitarian' when Tim Kelly wanted to go back home to WA the first time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Power will do what’s best for the club and if that is holding Bailey Smith to his contract for another year then so be it.
Absolutely ..100% agree. Contracted he is not going anywhere unless Bulldogs see its in their best interest.

Which means they probably will want 2 r1 picks or something way over the odds.

Absolutely ..100% agree. Contracted he is not going anywhere unless Bulldogs see its in their best interest.

Which means they probably will want 2 r1 picks or something way over the odds.
Whatever Bailey Smith is going through I hope he is really ok

Whatever Bailey Smith is going through I hope he is really ok

No one wants to see a player who is struggling with the demands of afl fall over but it is a business too. Every club has to treat the players well yet they also have to think of them as assets. Its a professional sport and clubs have limited control on players now. A contract is one.

It's not one player though, it's like quarter of our list out of contract. We've run out of players to pay
Mitch Duncans still got his contract thats been backended for 10 years to be paid out though? If Geelong fans comments are anything to go buy Duncan must be owed atleast 4.5 mill next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Bailey Smith [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back