Recommitted Bailey Smith [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong be perfect environment for him.
He's still going to get stopped in the street but players go about their lives much differently here than Melbourne

Give him the no.3 guernsey 👍

Some of these allegations are getting out of hand. We provide the land and farms but it's completely up to the players to source their own tractors.

70aa0e66ac998ae0325bd5c4042708ee12d2eda8
giphy.gif

If we're being serious, Bailey Smith is worth at the very least equal to what Adam Cerra was worth at the time of trade, which was pick 6. The difference is Bailey is not out of contract, so it's going to be more, if an offer is even made.

Carlton's trading is not a model that better sides follow.

Although I agree Smith is worth quite a bit, and would take some fancy trading from us to secure him. Doubt this amounts to anything.

Carlton's trading is not a model that better sides follow.

Although I agree Smith is worth quite a bit, and would take some fancy trading from us to secure him. Doubt this amounts to anything.
Would be fantastic at the cats.
Could see him getting back to his form from a couple of years ago there, so for that and in contract should be valued around pick 10 in an open draft (I think there’s at least 2 NGAs in the top handful so pick 6-8 at trade time wouldnt be unreasonable, especially considering he’s contracted.

Could see him getting back to his form from a couple of years ago there, so for that and in contract should be valued around pick 10 in an open draft (I think there’s at least 2 NGAs in the top handful so pick 6-8 at trade time wouldnt be unreasonable, especially considering he’s contracted.

Well we probably have around that mark pickwise, that seems cheap to me?

I wonder what the trade value of smith would be and if Geelong have the picks. Because I thought they gave up all there good picks last trade period. Does anyone know what picks the cats have availabl?

I wonder what the trade value of smith would be and if Geelong have the picks. Because I thought they gave up all there good picks last trade period. Does anyone know what picks the cats have availabl?

We have our first this year - 11 currently plus a heap of crap, and next years picks. Plus potentially if Esava goes whatever we get for him. So we would need a few things to fall into place, plus the Doggies being in a situation where they had to trade Smith.

Some of these allegations are getting out of hand. We provide the land and farms but it's completely up to the players to source their own tractors.

70aa0e66ac998ae0325bd5c4042708ee12d2eda8

Fiat, pffft, no wonder there's a big assed extinguisher stuck on the side of it. He just needs an 'A' on the number plate to let us all know that he really is taking the piss.

Maybe he's seeding his next 'crop', no sticky noses way out there.

I think we'd play him where his flaws would be hidden, both on field and off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no mention that he's considering it, only that Geelong are talking about how they may be able to make a play for him. It's basically the definition of a nothing article.

My bet the same type of discussion happens at every club for multiple players. There was an article just the other day about Holmes at Geelong be targeted by Collingwood

What is an honest ..non dogs non cats assessment of his value... remembering he is contracted ..and will only be traded if the Dogs are happy to trade him.

I mean I might be a Cats supporter TC, but you know my thoughts on this - he ain't gonna be cheap.

It's the Treloar and Shiel trades for mine - so two 1sts with a mid 2nd coming back. Either that or getting GC's 1st this year with our two firsts, and a Future 2nd coming back, and then passing that on for Smith.

Either way, it'll cost two firsts with a 2nd coming back, IMO.

Last edited:
I mean I might be a Cats supporter TC, but you know my thoughts on this - he ain't gonna be cheap.

It's the Treloar and Shiel trades for mine - so two 1sts with a mid 2nd coming back. Either that or getting GC's 1st this year with our two firsts, and a Future 2nd coming back, and then passing that on for Smith.

Either way, it'll costs two firsts with a 2nd coming back, IMO.

One would think thats a reasonable start position.

I think the only question would be around that second rounder considering both firsts are likely to be quite late

I think the only question would be around that second rounder considering both firsts are likely to be quite late

I think you guys would gamble that we'll drop a bit next year - given that we've already dropped a bit this year. Could be something like 13+8 with 25 coming back. That's all open to interpretation though, but that would fit with other budding stars and their moves in Shiel and Treloar - and the price they fetched.

Still a long, long way away from being true/confirmed though. Can absolutely understand the interest from all sides if it did happen though - as you originally paid Pick 7 for him, and you'd be getting around Pick 8-10 and an upgrade of 25 - 13 in a strong draft; so would be about right. Wouldn't surprise if you wanted more, but I'd definitely think that we'd be aware of what we needed to give up to even get close to luring him over.

I think you guys would gamble that we'll drop a bit next year - given that we've already dropped a bit this year. Could be something like 13+8 with 25 coming back. That's all open to interpretation though, but that would fit with other budding stars and their moves in Shiel and Treloar - and the price they fetched.

Still a long, long way away from being true/confirmed though. Can absolutely understand the interest from all sides if it did happen though - as you originally paid Pick 7 for him, and you'd be getting around Pick 8-10 and an upgrade of 25 - 13 in a strong draft; so would be about right. Wouldn't surprise if you wanted more, but I'd definitely think that we'd be aware of what we needed to give up to even get close to luring him over.
I don't think we'd be dumb enough to assume you'll finally drop down next year. Or trade Smith either tbh

He's a proven match winner.
Brings his best at finals time. Only 22 years of age.
Can play inside and outside and has speed & power.

Would not come cheap. Certainly well worth overs given the upside left in his overall game.

I don't think we'd be dumb enough to assume you'll finally drop down next year. Or trade Smith either tbh

Honestly, who knows at this stage. If Smith indicates he's unhappy, then that may change things. I take anything Edmund says with a grain of salt - but it's more around the discussion of hypothetical worth at this stage, than anything.

Unlike other speculative players being floated, this is a guy who won't come cheap - that we can all agree on. Just remains to be seen how things are going in his personal life and if he wants a sea change given the mid depth at the Dogs - and him taking a personal leave of absence earlier in the year. Media amplifies things though, so he may be fine and just out of form/ill, so like I've said all along, would be more surprised if it happens than I would if it didn't.

Currently 80/20 on him staying/leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Bailey Smith [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back