Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong has so much kudos in the bank as being a good team to trade with and play for that one bad deal wont impact anything reputationally. If anything, because of geelongs great reputation it will be the dogs that get blamed for a deal not getting done even if it wasnt their fault.
I'm helping mind
As usual, a deal will eventually get done.

Our novice, big footy, pretend recruiting hats can be packed away for another year.

Both clubs will be somewhat happy yet a little dissatisfied with what they gain and lose.
Hahaha crap. Geelong will win Bulldogs will lose.

It's amazing on how many dogs fans on here calling Bailey Smith a flog and a w***er when he announced his leaving there club..
You don't have to hate him and say his a flog etc, wish him all the best and let's see what picks you get from it and you might get a good player of that pick you use...
Just like us with Tim Kelly... it was a disappointing that he left, I don't think his a w***er or a flog etc....

Goodbye Tim Kelly and hello Jeremy Cameron

It's amazing on how many dogs fans on here calling Bailey Smith a flog and a w***er when he announced his leaving there club..
You don't have to hate him and say his a flog etc, wish him all the best and let's see what picks you get from it and you might get a good player of that pick you use...
Just like us with Tim Kelly... it was a disappointing that he left, I don't think his a w***er or a flog etc....

But Tim Kelly wasn't a flog or a w***er.

We have disliked a player in the past for leaving, ie Dunkley.

But at the end of the day he’s a good bloke, liked by the players, still showed up to the BF etc.

Bailey Smith is a wank stain, leaving or not. There’s a reason most of our players unfollowed him on instagram. The second hand embarrassment of how he’s gone about this year is excruciating. We miss the humble, dedicated kid that we drafted but unfortunately he’s long gone. What Columbia’s finest does to a motherfker.

But at the end of the day he’s a good bloke, liked by the players, still showed up to the BF etc.

Bailey Smith is a wank stain, leaving or not. There’s a reason most of our players unfollowed him on instagram. The second hand embarrassment of how he’s gone about this year is excruciating. We miss the humble, dedicated kid that we drafted but unfortunately he’s long gone. What Columbia’s finest does to a motherfker.
what is the Columbia connection???

coke? or a chick?

I can't believe N.Daicos is mates with the flog, Nick's choice of friends is as terrible as his choice of shirts to wear on GF day.

A 4-5 selection upgrade is huge in this draft, especially considering GWS band one comp blows your first out to 23, so it’ll be more like a 7-8 spot upgrade.
So specifically which player are you gonna miss out on ??
You know... "The ONE The Dogs we are after"
On draft night that is.
Not much difference between pick at 15 and 20.
So which player wont be there 5 picks later in that range?
I like crystal balling on the Draft too but this will be interesting.
Considering the gap is HUGE as u put it.
Coz if u get that player who you are desperately after.
Then it matters very little if it's 15 or 20... or even 25 TBH.
It's a free swing, so swing hard as they say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he'd spent the year still involved with the club and had come to management at the end of the season saying he'd like to explore a trade elsewhere for more opportunity as an inside midfielder, I think there'd be a lot more goodwill towards him. He checked out somewhere around May, stopped doing things like in-school footy workshops, headed to Europe for a tanning holiday, posted cryptic Insta shit about "two sides to every story", sat in the Geelong corporate box during their prelim, and basically acted like he's already been a Geelong player for months. We're fed up with him.

If he'd spent the year still involved with the club and had come to management at the end of the season saying he'd like to explore a trade elsewhere for more opportunity as an inside midfielder, I think there'd be a lot more goodwill towards him. He checked out somewhere around May, stopped doing things like in-school footy workshops, headed to Europe for a tanning holiday, posted cryptic Insta shit about "two sides to every story", sat in the Geelong corporate box during their prelim, and basically acted like he's already been a Geelong player for months. We're fed up with him.
He's an archetypal narcissist what did you expect?

Unfortunately he’s not the first or he won’t be the last player that screws over clubs. We lost Dawson for a packet of used Twisties because of this.

Whilst I recon two firsts is fair with something back so let’s say pick 20 plus (12-16 ish next year) seems fair with a swap in the second/third round to balance it. The swap going Cats way.

I guess my view is probably shaded by what I would select if I was the cats. If I selected the 12th or 13th name I'd choose Bo Allen and he's probably there at pick 25 regardless because the draft is so deep. Someone will want a Whitlock in the teens while the other goes in the late 20s and there's not much between them. Sam Marshall best on in the futures match, and not that he's available but he'd go in the 20s.

The difference between the guy selected at 11 and 25 for me is just noise though I understand others may disagree

I can’t see a recruiter ever taking the view that there’s negligible difference in value between pick 11 and pick 25 in any draft. The trades made every single year bear that out.

I can’t see a recruiter ever taking the view that there’s negligible difference in value between pick 11 and pick 25 in any draft. The trades made every single year bear that out.

Especially this year the COVID draft sure but clubs want to get as high as possible this year and have multiple picks.

Unfortunately he’s not the first or he won’t be the last player that screws over clubs. We lost Dawson for a packet of used Twisties because of this.

Whilst I recon two firsts is fair with something back so let’s say pick 20 plus (12-16 ish next year) seems fair with a swap in the second/third round to balance it. The swap going Cats way.
I agree you got screwed over, but at least the league's mechansims operated in such a way that he was "equalising" the league by walking to a team that finished below Sydney on the ladder, the PSD draft in operation as a threat having weight behind it as such an equalisation measure.

Smith's trying to walk to a team that was closer to a flag than us in the previous year, which just adds to the annoyance - for equalisation to have any meaning in the league there's got to be a way that players out of contract, who clearly only want to be at one club (rather than open to the idea of playing for different clubs and letting them outbid each other or whatever in the off-season), and are not free agents, make their way to that club with fair compensation taken from that club and given to the new club other than the PSD.

I agree you got screwed over, but at least the league's mechansims operated in such a way that he was "equalising" the league by walking to a team that finished below Sydney on the ladder, the PSD draft in operation as a threat having weight behind it as such an equalisation measure.

Smith's trying to walk to a team that was closer to a flag than us in the previous year, which just adds to the annoyance - for equalisation to have any meaning in the league there's got to be a way that players out of contract, who clearly only want to be at one club (rather than open to the idea of playing for different clubs and letting them outbid each other or whatever in the off-season), and are not free agents, make their way to that club with fair compensation taken from that club and given to the new club other than the PSD.

My main issue with Dawson is the farce he told the year prior if he wanted to go to Adelaide that’s fine I’m all for players being near their families and what not. What I am not for is the continual rubbish “I want to be here” to then bend us or any other club over. I have also said players hold too much power should only be able to nominate a state not a team

Too much… those deals only happen for guaranteed guns like Taranto and Hopper.

It’s fairly close maybe change the Geelong one to a third. Both clubs will hate the deal which means its probably fair

A 4-5 selection upgrade is huge in this draft, especially considering GWS band one comp blows your first out to 23, so it’ll be more like a 7-8 spot upgrade.
Must drafts i would say yes. This draft specifically i would say not a big difference. The pick is currently 17 with FA compo and unlikely any more FAZ band ones come through. Ashcroft and Lombard will get bids with an outside chance of Kako but I think unlikely. The pick will be 19 or 20 i think

Must drafts i would say yes. This draft specifically i would say not a big difference. The pick is currently 17 with FA compo and unlikely any more FAZ band ones come through. Ashcroft and Lombard will get bids with an outside chance of Kako but I think unlikely. The pick will be 19 or 20 i think

That’s 20, and Kako will go before you think he’s the prototype of today’s football goes between 10-15. Pick 20 is not enough, add your f1 in at least. Then have a swap here and there.

Exactly why these draft rules should have come in this year (trading 2 years in advance). If I were the Dogs I’d be happy with this years first plus a 2027 first rounder if these rules were in. They come in next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back