Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a good player and if he comes to us I will be happy, but also won’t lose sleep if he doesn’t. If it’s us hoping our f1 rather than this years first given it’s a strong top 20 based on watching the recent champs matches. Pick 24 next year after bid matches feels about right!
Pick 24, lol.

He’s a good player and if he comes to us I will be happy, but also won’t lose sleep if he doesn’t. If it’s us hoping our f1 rather than this years first given it’s a strong top 20 based on watching the recent champs matches. Pick 24 next year after bid matches feels about right!😉
High expectations for next year hey?

CatAttack podcast mentioned Bailey was just recently looking at real estate around Bellbrae area.
I mean it could mean nothing but would be weird to get a house basically on Bells Beach and not play for Geelong right?

And I have been on the “Bailey the Hawks nuffie is going to Hawthorn” train

CatAttack podcast mentioned Bailey was just recently looking at real estate around Bellbrae area.
I mean it could mean nothing but would be weird to get a house basically on Bells Beach and not play for Geelong right?

Feel like the links have been stronger to Geelong in recent weeks.

14 and 34 Dogs request probably. Cats will go with just 14. Probably end up something going back for 14 & 34 or 14 & future 2nd/3rd in the end. The price probably depends on if Stengle stays or goes in what cats are willing to give up.

I would pay that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14 and 34 Dogs request probably. Cats will go with just 14. Probably end up something going back for 14 & 34 or 14 & future 2nd/3rd in the end. The price probably depends on if Stengle stays or goes in what cats are willing to give up.

Obviously depends where we finish.
If we fall out of the 8 then you're probs getting Stengle compo only.

If we are finish where we are at currently Pick 13, then probably have to throw F3 depending on the back and forth.
If we finish top 4 then probably a F2 instead of F3.

We won't want to trade much out of this year's draft with lots of guys retiring. We will need to fill about 5/6 spots with one of them obviously being Baz so probably at least 4/5 spots.

We won't want to trade a future 1st either with an incoming rebuild due.
I'm sure both clubs will want it done quickly so they can get organized for the Draft

That way Dogs can enter back into the first round after they traded out their 2024 Pick to Gold Coast and Cats can get to work on who they want to take.

Last edited:
Man the dvi system just isnt reflective of reality. That's pick 1 and 23 on points. Imagine giving up pick 1 and 23 for the 11 picks 40-50
If they cared which they don’t they would immediately move to 2 pick matching with no discount and that would solve the pay fair price argument. The dvi is impossible because it’s static. Harley Reid worth a lot more than Josh Smillie for example. Would love to see it move to a bidding system with allocated pool of points that would allow market value to be paid rather than these arbitrary ones. Only way that happens is to show how it adds $ as that’s all the commission cares about the AFL isn’t a serious sporting administration.

Man the dvi system just isnt reflective of reality. That's pick 1 and 23 on points. Imagine giving up pick 1 and 23 for the 11 picks 40-50
In defence of the dvi system (and I'm not saying it's good), you can only take as many picks to the draft as you have open list spots.

So to achieve this you'd have to have 11 open list spots at the time of draft, which means north 2020 tier list cutting. Not too many well run clubs are doing that

Geelong using their "Costa Living Allowance" to get Bailey into prime coastal real estate at a bargain price. They do it for every recruit

Feel like the links have been stronger to Geelong in recent weeks.
Scott has supposedly gone all in on trying to lure Baz in recent months.

Remains to be seen how the increased attention plays out.

Scott has supposedly gone all in on trying to lure Baz in recent months.

Remains to be seen how the increased attention plays out.

I think there is a lot of bullshit rumour about this potential move.

A few clubs would be keen, Hawks and Cats obvious fits.

Personally not that fussed, yes another AFL mid would be good but I don't rate Smith that highly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back