Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Jon Ralph on Fox minutes ago - Bailey Smith linked to both Collingwood and Geelong, Collingwood not out of the race for him.

Interesting Hawthorn not mentioned.

Jon Ralph on Fox minutes ago - Bailey Smith linked to both Collingwood and Geelong, Collingwood not out of the race for him.
Not that interesting. He said last week Collingwood were 0% chance of luring him. It all points to Ralphy having NFI where Baz will end up.

Last edited:

Should have a top 10 pick this year, just swing that over to the Dogs and it'll be done on the first day.

Pies trying to figure out how they can Control Z the Shultz trade…man that was a weird move.

Baffled me at the time, still baffles me now. Won’t have a first rounder to use and under current rules they can’t trade 2025 pick.

Pies trying to figure out how they can Control Z the Shultz trade…man that was a weird move.

Baffled me at the time, still baffles me now. Won’t have a first rounder to use and under current rules they can’t trade 2025 pick.
It looked bad at the time and it looks worse now. Everybody knows you don't pay big draft capital for small forwards, particularly when you've already got a good one in Hill.

Ironically if it was someone like Bailey Smith that they did the deal for instead it would have some merit.

Potential A-Grade mid who has the age profile to be a key pillar in the next tilt, even if things go wrong in the immediate future.

Shultz on the other hand was always going to be 5-10 player at best just by virtue of his position...and if he wasn't at this best, it gets even worse.

What you talking about cant trade it? They had first round picks the last 2 years.

Its ok they can use the elite mid they traded their r1 for last year...oh wait they traded in schultz instead. On top of that they traded away the rights to callaghan too.

I really, really want Mackie, who has moved on to a management role, to come in during the last few minutes of the trade period, tag in and start hitting people with fold up chairs
He did say to some bloke when out on the town as a young player 'Do you want a shot at the title?'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelongs pick is going to be not good enough to satisfy the trade. Think next year's first has to be involved as the core pick of the trade. Might be a 2nd this year and next year's first and I think we will try trade back into the draft this year

Last edited:
Geelongs pick is going to be not good enough to satisfy thr trade. Think next year's first has to be involved as the core pick of the trade. Might be a 2nd this year and next year's first and I think we will try trade back into the draft this year

If Geelong’s first is above 10, they’re going to need to add at least a second as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelongs pick is going to be not good enough to satisfy thr trade. Think next year's first has to be involved as the core pick of the trade. Might be a 2nd this year and next year's first and I think we will try trade back into the draft this year

Nup. When i see what coll and port have both ruined themselves trading likely future top 10 picks for role players no way should we risk trading our fr1 with an ageing list.
Smith is a better player than schultz or sav but theres still lots of risk there off an acl.
We will offer pick 16ish this year and our future 2nd which i personally think is fair.
Happy to walk if it costs more than that.

They won't do next years first. There will be plenty else to work with.

We'd send a player before we send our F1st.

2024 first & second + 2025 second should be enough.

The future first is off limits, would be more than happy to let him go to Hawthorn/Collingwood if that pick is involved.

We aren't taking pick 16 to 20 and pick 36 to 40 for him. Geelong might need to get crafty and get higher up with a team that's happy to split picks
Well when we traded in Ollie Henry we traded out literally every pick we had other than the first we gave up for Bruhn then added a mid we picked up in the first round only a could of years before.

Plenty of room to get creative but they didn't trade it out then and they won't trade it out now I wouldn't think.

With academy picks and assuming you finish top 4 you’re talking about a pick in the 20s and a pick in the 30s. You really think that’s fair?

Its not fair but its life when a player is ooc and more importantly hasnt played all year.
I didnt think what brisbane paid for dunkley was super fair but it happened too.
I dont see geelong offering more like we did with bruhn we have been pretty staunch about protecting future 1sts.
So if bailey wont stay it will end up being the offer you except unless you can convince him to pick another club.

Well when we traded in Ollie Henry we traded out literally every pick we had other than the first we gave up for Bruhn then added a mid we picked up in the first round only a could of years before.

Plenty of room to get creative but they didn't trade it out then and they won't trade it out now I wouldn't think.
Not saying the trade won't happen just the more you climb the ladder the harder the trade becomes as the 1st isn't appealing as a straight swap

Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back