Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll see in a year how Cats fans try to justify the 2 first round picks for SDK if he leaves OoC next year like they're doing to us now. We dogs fans have a right to want to see 2 first rounds or a top 10 pick when it comes to a player like Smith with the amount of development in him and he'll likely be the main mid next season at the cats.

you sure do, demand right away. this is an open internet forum not sure anyone can take that right away from you dogs fans.

Your not actually into all the details of the discussions are you. There's other reasons we pulled out of the running as well but you obviously want to keep the narrative he chose Geelong because of the lifestyle, culture etc.
nah sure the Hawks definitely knocked him back after he was pleading to go there, that's definitely what happened

Irrelevant stat for most of his career as he was played as a defender for 2019, 2020 and 2021 and spent most of 2022 injured

See previous post edit, The only players from the 2018 draft who have played more games than him are Rozee, Blakey, and Butters
So he's had multiple coaches unable to settle him in a position yet he's an established KPP?

also I haven't been in the thread for a few days, whats with these Hawthorn supporters posting in here saying they're the ones that knocked B. Smith back? lmao c'mon
the world revolves around the hawks, don't ya know, that's why they're playing this weekend :$

nah sure the Hawks definitely knocked him back after he was pleading to go there, that's definitely what happened
Believe want you want but there were discussions and like most things in life, things change.

Please don't suggest that Smith was pleading and the Hawks said thanks but no thanks. They moved on to other targets with a higher priority.

Believe want you want but there were discussions and like most things in life, things change.

Please don't suggest that Smith was pleading and the Hawks said thanks but no thanks. They moved on to other targets with a higher priority.
I'm not but more than one Hawthorn supporter in this thread is

Completely different and GC want his salary gone too.

Geelong aren't getting away with pick 20 at draft time

No they wont as they will trade pick 15 and a r2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that pick 20 and 40 is pretty appealing.

Word is Clohesy is about to tour the dogs facilities

Im not sure why people keep banging on about 20 and academy players pushing 15 back. Those guys are not in the open pool anyway so you still get access to the same player.

As for clohesy doesnt surprise me as hes ooc and a fringe player who could be movable for more gametime. I will be sad to lose him if it happens but thats life its fine.

Im not sure why people keep banging on about 20 and academy players pushing 15 back. Those guys are not in the open pool anyway so you still get access to the same player.

As for clohesy doesnt surprise me as hes ooc and a fringe player who could be movable for more gametime. I will be sad to lose him if it happens but thats life its fine.
Because it's still the 20th ranked draftee no matter how you want to justify it. And its value as a tradeable commodity is less than the actual pick 15 is

It's also essentially a second rounder in an uncompromised draft and we all know Geelong supporters will be high fiving each other that they got smith for next to nothing

Because it's still the 20th ranked draftee no matter how you want to justify it. And its value as a tradeable commodity is less than the actual pick 15 is

It's also essentially a second rounder in an uncompromised draft and we all know Geelong supporters will be high fiving each other that they got smith for next to nothing

Its not about the ranking its about its still the 15th best player in the pool that you had access to-like how the 4 gc academy players were all in the top 30 but never realistically available to clubs so while the pick number is pushed back the value is the same.

But anyway im not going to derail the thread with it you and i have different views on it.

Its not about the ranking its about its still the 15th best player in the pool that you had access to-like how the 4 gc academy players were all in the top 30 but never realistically available to clubs so while the pick number is pushed back the value is the same.

But anyway im not going to derail the thread with it you and i have different views on it.
No, the value is not the same and you're daft to keep doubling down.

It is still pick 20 and that has less appeal as a tradeable commodity. It is also worth less draft points wise making it again, a less desirable trading commodity.

Last year pick 15 ended up as pick 21 which means whoever had it got the 21st best player in the draft not the 15th best,

Regardless of who was available that is the facts of it.

With reports that SDK wants out, who says no?

SDK and Cats second

For

B.Smith

Who reported it?
Cats didn’t play him because he’s not 100% coming off knee surgery…nothing to do with form.
He’s easily best 22.

I swear to god if someone quotes Jon Ralph as a source I’m stabbing my eyes out with a fork.
Dude is right about .5% of the time.
Throws personal opinion into all of his statements. He’s one of the worst along with McClure.

And this is how sensationalist media run with bullshit and get people to eat it up.

Last year pick 15 ended up as pick 21 which means whoever had it got the 21st best player in the draft not the 15th best,

No they still got the 15th best AVAILABLE player as the players that pushed the pick back were never available to be picked anyway. But we will have to agree to disagree and i wont derail the whole trade thread with it.

No they still got the 15th best AVAILABLE player as the players that pushed the pick back were never available to be picked anyway. But we will have to agree to disagree and i wont derail the whole trade thread with it.
You already have, and you're still wrong.

It doesn't have the same value at all. It's staggering you want to die on that hill just because it suits Geelong and to say it's still a first rounder. Not in any other year it isn't

Father Sons and Academy blokes aren’t accessible to the rest of the Draft. You may as well just wipe them off the Draft board.

Teams will match anything for those guys, especially now the JUH Rule has been scrapped.

Pick 15 is still the 15th best available player whether it’s at 15 or 21.

You’re not drafting Ashcroft, Kako, Lombard, Welsh, Campo brothers etc.
No point adding them into the Draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back