Multiplat Baldur's Gate III

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve managed to get that fat campaigner bartender to kill himself by overdrinking, and the other creepy dude with the sisters to get him to volunteer to be their test and they butcher the crap out of him. Needed a 20 and rolled an 18 with a +3 bonus. Very lucky. I still suck at the combat side of it so it’s good this game let’s you talk your way out of situations

I’ve managed to get that fat campaigner bartender to kill himself by overdrinking, and the other creepy dude with the sisters to get him to volunteer to be their test and they butcher the crap out of him. Needed a 20 and rolled an 18 with a +3 bonus. Very lucky. I still suck at the combat side of it so it’s good this game let’s you talk your way out of situations
i had to avoid spoiling those for my friends because they tried to just brute force it, but they listened when i simply suggested to have a chat with them. outside of those they're fairly difficult fights but can similarly be cheesed if you have the right spell/damage types. checkout the toll house when you have a chance to.

i had to avoid spoiling those for my friends because they tried to just brute force it, but they listened when i simply suggested to have a chat with them. outside of those they're fairly difficult fights but can similarly be cheesed if you have the right spell/damage types. checkout the toll house when you have a chance to.

I met the gold creature, tried talking to it twice, it attacked me both times and destroyed me. I’ll come back to it later with hopefully a new plan other than just feeding it gold haha

I met the gold creature, tried talking to it twice, it attacked me both times and destroyed me. I’ll come back to it later with hopefully a new plan other than just feeding it gold haha
same as the other two, you can convince them (it?) to kill itself, but if you want to do it legit i recommend just taking all the gold out of your inventory and placing it somewhere at camp (like the camp storage box) so it's attacks do considerably less damage

Annoying bug in The Trials of Shar
In the self same trial if you get disarmed the weapon(s) disappear. Make sure you save beforehand so you can replay if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Act 2 is awesome! Have just beaten the boss and had the big reveal that outlines what needs to be done.

Amazing stuff!

Just hit level 9 at that point.

Looking forward to seeing what Act 3 brings.

Currently 55 hours into the game and only just scratched the surface of Act 2.

It's incredible just how much content they've packed into BG3 and I'm not even halfway through yet.
According to Astairan's Voice Actor, there are 2 hours of gameplay no one has found yet and he is under an NDA to not show it to anyone. Including on his live streams

According to Astairan's Voice Actor, there are 2 hours of gameplay no one has found yet and he is under an NDA to not show it to anyone. Including on his live streams
Apparently has been found. Its the
Blood of Lathander
quest.

Apparently has been found. Its the
Blood of Lathander
quest.
It's a pretty nice mace - was my first piece of legendary gear

Are you on the BG3 train yet Quiv?

It's a pretty nice mace - was my first piece of legendary gear

Are you on the BG3 train yet Quiv?
No sir. I am patiently waiting for a sale.

Saying that if not for starfield I probably would have grabbed it by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're wanting a bit of fun I suggest you make your Karlach build a Tavern Brawler Barbarian - so much fun picking up an enemy and throwing it at another and they both end up prone on the ground for other people to wail in on.

I'm having party anxiety. I've got my favorites for battle etc but I want them all to love me. And I want to know about all of their back stories. If I could just have a party of 6-8 I'd be happy I think.
Apparently there is a mod for that, on PC anyway.

I'm having party anxiety. I've got my favorites for battle etc but I want them all to love me. And I want to know about all of their back stories. If I could just have a party of 6-8 I'd be happy I think.
act 2 introduces more if you complete certain things

So far Shadowheart and Astarion have been staples of my party - not because I particularly like their character but because they're so handy and I've been shuffling others in and out mainly for their stories.

Favourite character is Karlach, favourite stories so far are Lae'zel, SH and Halsin (he's never been an actual member of my party but I had him
turn into a bear during a romance scene

Lae'zel kicks butt and Gale is pretty useful too.

I've re-specced my companions a bit.
Astarion to Gloomstalker/Assassin - dual hand crossbows and dual short swords
Shadowheart to a Tempest Cleric with one level of Wizard thrown in
Lae'zel pure Great Weapon Master fighter with Battle Master subclass
Karlach - Berserker Tavern Brawler Barbarian
Gale - Abjuration Wiz with a level of Draconian Sorcery and a level of Cleric. He's an absolute tank that damages anyone who hits him but barely loses any hitpoints.

Missed out on Wyll, Jaheira went on kamikaze attack mission and didn't survive.

Plenty of options for another playthrough or two.

The Gauntlet of Shar trials and that whole section nearly put me off the game entirely. Had to reload my save at least 60 times in certain sections. Not sure I’m enjoying Act 2 anywhere near as much as Act 1. There’s also a part of the temple I couldn’t get out of, as my party couldn’t jump far enough. I also can’t complete the Shar stuff because it will impact other quests apparently. So I’ve left and I’ll come back to it later. Piss poor game design.

Think I was a little under leveled for that section.

Man I absolutely loved the temple of Shar. The whole thing reminded me of a WoW raid with different encounters I had to work out and only wish there were more that took a bit more effort. While it's easily my favourite pure RPG since the glory days of isometric RPGs 20+ years ago the only thing I'm missing are more actual real dungeons. Neverwinter Nights 1 had some of the best with a decent dungeon crawl in almost every region.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Baldur's Gate III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back