Ballarat Football League 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Football League

Darley, with about 8 of their best side missing, beat South by 50 points. South looked good early, but still suffer the same problem that they always have ... they are amazingly soft. I guess that is to be expected with someone like Scoble coaching.

South will not trouble any of the major sides this year. Antonowicz looked like he was going to dominate early in the game, but by midway through the second quarter was out of gas and looked like he needed to poo.

Darley, with about 8 of their best side missing, beat South by 50 points. South looked good early, but still suffer the same problem that they always have ... they are amazingly soft. I guess that is to be expected with someone like Scoble coaching.

South will not trouble any of the major sides this year. Antonowicz looked like he was going to dominate early in the game, but by midway through the second quarter was out of gas and looked like he needed to poo.

Travelled down to bacchus marsh to have a look at the game today and i have to say if melton south are one of the flag favourites than the rest of your league must be woeful. Darley looked alright at times and have some pretty decent players running round, no23 doesnt really look like a footballer but i thought he was a pretty class act who is he?

Also, how can a club have a really nice ground and surroundings but then have the worst social and club rooms ive ever seen ( bacchus marsh) ? Went had a look at darleys ground before going home and there ground looked fine. Has the grass there just been laid or wat was the reason for the game being played at marsh?

Darleys ground is good from far but up close is really patchy. Will be ready for next home game. What a waste of money, south know how to throw it away when it comes to paying duds. Antonovich was terrible a bloke 6.6 and 100 plus and ducks his head. Sh @t scared big man! I dont think south will mke much of an impact this year. Mcmahon still scared too.

no23 doesnt really look like a footballer but i thought he was a pretty class act who is he?

That would be Travis Mint

Ballarat vs Lakers should be a reasonable match, and the Eastern Oval is a short stumble to the pubs.

I went to Eastern Oval Yesterday to see Ballarat v Lake Wendouree
the ground was in top notch bar the cricket pitch area was a bit sticky
Lake Wendouree won by 16 pts Lake Wendouree16.12.108 d Ballarat 14.8.92.
Its good to see i assume Lake Wendouree would been the Underdogs knock off last years after ht Lake Wendouree kicked 10.6 to Ballarat 7.3
Premiership who would been have expected to win this game
the reserves Ballarat won by 64 pts could been a lot more due to bad misses in the 3rd Qtr kicking 1.9 to lake Wendouree 1.0 Ballarat 16.19 115 d Lake Wendouree 8.3.51.

They had a really good crowd there by ht of the Seniors they ran out of Hot food considering its Easter they didn't expect such a good crowd. :rolleyes:

Travelled down to bacchus marsh to have a look at the game today and i have to say if melton south are one of the flag favourites than the rest of your league must be woeful. Darley looked alright at times and have some pretty decent players running round, no23 doesnt really look like a footballer but i thought he was a pretty class act who is he?

Also, how can a club have a really nice ground and surroundings but then have the worst social and club rooms ive ever seen ( bacchus marsh) ? Went had a look at darleys ground before going home and there ground looked fine. Has the grass there just been laid or wat was the reason for the game being played at marsh?
No 23 is Travis Mint, played in Western Australia for Peel Thunder a couple of years ago, goes real good. Grew up over there kicking footballs in bins with Adrian McAdam and Todd Ridley.
Have to agree that South were extremely dissapointing, weak and insipid. Also, hope they have fun forking out $700 plus a week for 'Tonna'. Looks way too fat and sore, good purchase fella's.
A big thanks to the Bacchus Marsh football club for their hospitality yesterday, and for your efforts we will only beat you by 10 goals next week, instead of the regulation 100 points. Devils will lose another 2 for next week, but could get back up to 5 that were unavailable yesterday.
Also, Sutts played and was captain, so that means goodbye Oral. You now have time to watch your 2 daughters on the WTA tour.

Did South have anyone out yesterday because they were terrible if they are a top 3 side the league is going down hill fast.
Shaun (STRONG MAN) Deckert is the best defender in the comp by a mile he just does not get beaten.

A big thanks to the Bacchus Marsh football club for their hospitality yesterday, and for your efforts we will only beat you by 10 goals next week, instead of the regulation 100 points.

Given the respective performance over the past two days, a 10-goal win to the Devils shouldn't take too much effort.

The Marsh were disappointing again today against Sunbury and to be honest were never in the hunt. One of the few positives to come out of the game was the performance of one of the PNG boys Ali Pinda. Looks like he's got a bit of flair about him and is far from the worse user of the ball on the Cobras list. it wil; be interesting to see of he goes this year.

Did South have anyone out yesterday because they were terrible if they are a top 3 side the league is going down hill fast.
Shaun (STRONG MAN) Deckert is the best defender in the comp by a mile he just does not get beaten.

Not top 3. South are terrible. Suba and Darley are clearly 1 - 2. Maybe a ballarat team will jump up and take them on. I would not back against one of those 2 winning it. Hose is a bit different to Mc Mahon and Sutts. Early with the "just does not get beaton" line.

P.S. - Bye Oracle.

Not top 3. South are terrible. Suba and Darley are clearly 1 - 2. Maybe a ballarat team will jump up and take them on. I would not back against one of those 2 winning it. Hose is a bit different to Mc Mahon and Sutts. Early with the "just does not get beaton" line.

P.S. - Bye Oracle.

Kingy you are ******ed
Was at both games and darley are clearly the side to beat, they smashed melton south without miller and played cheevers away from his home of the middle.
What did sunbury do? beat the Marsh
Big deal, everyone beats the marsh who were again. Yuk
Sunba will find themselves around 4th behind the again powerful Darley South and Lakers.

Stop chomping on surges pole his boys have a way to go yet to catch Darley

Kingy you are ******ed
Was at both games and darley are clearly the side to beat, they smashed melton south without miller and played cheevers away from his home of the middle.
Sunba will find themselves around 4th behind the again powerful Darley South and Lakers.

******ed? Wait and see in two weeks and at the finish of the H&A season. Suba are in front of Lakers and South.

No 23 is Travis Mint, played in Western Australia for Peel Thunder a couple of years ago, goes real good. Grew up over there kicking footballs in bins with Adrian McAdam and Todd Ridley.
Have to agree that South were extremely dissapointing, weak and insipid. Also, hope they have fun forking out $700 plus a week for 'Tonna'. Looks way too fat and sore, good purchase fella's.
A big thanks to the Bacchus Marsh football club for their hospitality yesterday, and for your efforts we will only beat you by 10 goals next week, instead of the regulation 100 points. Devils will lose another 2 for next week, but could get back up to 5 that were unavailable yesterday.
Also, Sutts played and was captain, so that means goodbye Oral. You now have time to watch your 2 daughters on the WTA tour.

That sounds about right about Mint, by the looks of him, he must have been bought up on the Dean Rioli diet, generous servings of turtle meat 8 times a day! Ive heard he is allergic to running

Even though Redan won fairly easily in the end, I was impressed with Sebas' endeavor. I thought they certainly looked capable of suprising a few teams this year.

Redan's midfield will certainly cause headaches for the opposition this year. Edwards started slowly, but I would think he would have ended up with 40 odd possessions. I wonder what odds he has for four Henderson's in a row?

For those that are interested, the new Redan website is up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingy you are ******ed

Darley were without Cape, Newton, Miller, Carlton, Doyal, Leonard, Guerra, and Herring so still some improvement to do for the devils

Look forward to see Deckert and Houlihan go head to head in a couple of weeks.

700+ my ass, where did you hear such rumors?

700+ my ass, where did you hear such rumors?
He was shopping himself around in the preseason for more than that, so I was being generous. I assumed he settled for less so he could be the strongman in a piss weak side. Anyone see the embarrassing punches he threw on the weekend? The umpires were laughing too much to lay a report.

In other news, it appears that Dion Miles has borrowed Terry Wallaces five year plan. I think for both men another embarrassing loss could spell the end.

The Marsh have not improved 1 bit since he has taken over, according to the Marsh they have money, and are spending it, but the man cannot attract any quality players to the club. Time for change at the Snake Pit.

heard a rumour that darley seniors might be droping doyle from seniors to the 18s for diciplinary reasons after being suspended in the grand final just wanted to know if there was any truth to it

heard a rumour that darley seniors might be droping doyle from seniors to the 18s for diciplinary reasons after being suspended in the grand final just wanted to know if there was any truth to it
Not sure where you got that info but he will come in for Dryden who took a week.
Also cape will be back this week after he missed last week due to the birth of his first child a boy! Well done Show

He was shopping himself around in the preseason for more than that, so I was being generous. I assumed he settled for less so he could be the strongman in a piss weak side. Anyone see the embarrassing punches he threw on the weekend? The umpires were laughing too much to lay a report.

In other news, it appears that Dion Miles has borrowed Terry Wallaces five year plan. I think for both men another embarrassing loss could spell the end.

The Marsh have not improved 1 bit since he has taken over, according to the Marsh they have money, and are spending it, but the man cannot attract any quality players to the club. Time for change at the Snake Pit.

well i know for a fact he isnt playing for anywhere near $700! and yes the marsh do stink once again, watch out for doddys twos though.

lil boy blue how was drydens first up game for you guys?
also how did urch go ?

dryden is a jet, best move he ever made moving from the rabble of a side he use to play with (kyneton), he will play in more winning sides after four rounds than he wouldve played in over the last few years at kyneton, smart move by the boy he should have a premiership by years end , and if the marsh have the money why wouldnt they spend it more wisely ?flushing fun tickets away year after year for no results at all, if they enjoy wasting there money why not give it to the people who call the retunders home at maddingly park im sure they would appreciate it

Another positive performance from the carpet pythons last week! devils better rest a dozen ones players for this weeks game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back