Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh I went to change my User Title to Freedom Hater and it wouldn't let me :(

Ok footy; anyone see my q about East Point? Is the hope for them splitting back out well and truly gone?
If East Point don't win the flag this year Mobb then we just might see a third team join them until they do win one.... Most likely be East/Point/Lakers in 2008!!

The amount of mergers rumoured over the years has been amazing, what about a representative carnival midyear made up of six combined teams. Teams could be:
Ballarat and Redan, (Ballarat Lions)
Sebas and lakers, (Sebastapol Lakers)
East Point already are one, (who are they kangaroos)
Bacchus Marsh Darley, (Bacchus Marsh Devils)
Melton Melton South, (Melton Panthers)
Sunbury can go alone to as they are a 1 team town as it is. (Sunbury Lions)
Now there is a concept!!!

If East Point don't win the flag this year Mobb then we just might see a third team join them until they do win one.... Most likely be East/Point/Lakers in 2008!!

Heard on the Grapevine today, that Darren Fletcher will most likely go back to Skipton rather then play at East/Point this season. Too busy with work, and isnt able to give 100 percent. Very gifted footballer!

Heard on the Grapevine today, that Darren Fletcher will most likely go back to Skipton rather then play at East/Point this season. Too busy with work, and isnt able to give 100 percent. Very gifted footballer!
Is that you Paul Ryan? i know of a saints fan who is the ground manager down at Learmonth

Interesting Learmonth. He only posted his clearance last week so a lot must have changed since then.

The amount of mergers rumoured over the years has been amazing, what about a representative carnival midyear made up of six combined teams. Teams could be:
Ballarat and Redan, (Ballarat Lions)
Sebas and lakers, (Sebastapol Lakers)
East Point already are one, (who are they kangaroos)
Bacchus Marsh Darley, (Bacchus Marsh Devils)
Melton Melton South, (Melton Panthers)
Sunbury can go alone to as they are a 1 team town as it is. (Sunbury Lions)
Now there is a concept!!!

No one from Bacchus Marsh would get a game in that side hence it would still be the Darley Devils. Ballarat & Redan would be unstoppable. Sebas & lakers would share a spoon & east fall short again. Melton would punch teh shit out of each before getting out of the rooms and sunbury would be ok.

Silly idea premiership but an east vs west concept would be better. That would be bragging rights.

No one from Bacchus Marsh would get a game in that side hence it would still be the Darley Devils. Ballarat & Redan would be unstoppable. Sebas & lakers would share a spoon & east fall short again. Melton would punch teh shit out of each before getting out of the rooms and sunbury would be ok.

Silly idea premiership but an east vs west concept would be better. That would be bragging rights.
Hope Wardy doesn't read this as the dollar signs will be going through his head of a possible match between East & West!!! $15 Entry, Players to buy there own jumpers, shorts & socks. A reserves & under 18's game aswell.. Even netball in all grades!!! Wow!! The possibilities wardy! Would nearlly cap of a better day than the lightning premiership!!!

Hope Wardy doesn't read this as the dollar signs will be going through his head of a possible match between East & West!!! $15 Entry, Players to buy there own jumpers, shorts & socks. A reserves & under 18's game aswell.. Even netball in all grades!!! Wow!! The possibilities wardy! Would nearlly cap of a better day than the lightning premiership!!!
Yeah an East Vs West game has the promise of being very very interesting and good. definitely agree with Vineyard the bragging rights would be very impressive. the lightening prem i think is an outdated idea and i believe that this is shown in how the clubs approach it...putting in their 2nds and under 18s players.

Troy Parker signed at Melton South Last night... 500 a game and Chris Obst Captain of Port Melbourne will be on deck within a month for 600 a game.. Wonder where they are getting there cash from?? I heard maybe the councils petty cash draw....

Melton South would have to firm as flag favourites... Go Panthers!!!!!!
P.s Why couldnt Matt sproule get these sort of recruits!!! obviously he was there 2 years 2 long!!!!!!!!

Stop stalking me.

WTF?
One PM to say your opinon re touching kids is thoughtless and idiodic and im stalking........:D . Cant take the heat, get out of the fire fool :eek:.

Ok.....footy now, just had to comment that one, sorry :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not at all suprising that someone as stupid as you can spell the word 'dole', after all I am sure you have to use the word quite a lot when filling out your employment details section of the application form for an urgent loan from Cash Converters when you need to buy cigarettes on your non-payment week.

Another one of the Darley rats huh? Being beaten in the lightning premiership final is the closest to a trophy you guys will get this year!
Go squeeze ur hands together moron. :thumbsdown:

Troy Parker signed at Melton South Last night... 500 a game and Chris Obst Captain of Port Melbourne will be on deck within a month for 600 a game.. Wonder where they are getting there cash from?? I heard maybe the councils petty cash draw....

Melton South would have to firm as flag favourites... Go Panthers!!!!!!
P.s Why couldnt Matt sproule get these sort of recruits!!! obviously he was there 2 years 2 long!!!!!!!!

like you would know Libba ???:D :D

Comments on pay packets,irrelevant and who cares!!

Parker to Melton South is a big bonus for them, I thought that was probably the main area that they lacked some real top end quality and he certainly is that. Must have hurt their club all those years seeing their own player doing so well at another club.

I think the problem is that all the players invovled in the BFL have the premiership as the main goal. Who cares about Interleague, east v west and etc. In my opinion, many players use these types of things to add to the resume and bump their $ value up.

I always have a laugh when a guy turns up to his first session with a prospective club wearing an Interleague jumper.

Bottom Line: Nobody really cares about anything other than the silverware at the end of the season.

Comments on pay packets,irrelevant and who cares!!

Parker to Melton South is a big bonus for them, I thought that was probably the main area that they lacked some real top end quality and he certainly is that. Must have hurt their club all those years seeing their own player doing so well at another club.

It's not really irrelevant when a club has struggled to find the money to pay their ordinary players over the past few years, yet when they sign Mcleod, Scoble, Mcmahon, Parker Obst etc, they promise the world.
I would not be wanting to wait until the years end to be paid if I was one of these blokes, because it wont be there. Looks like the locals get shafted again!

It's not really irrelevant when a club has struggled to find the money to pay their ordinary players over the past few years, yet when they sign Mcleod, Scoble, Mcmahon, Parker Obst etc, they promise the world.
I would not be wanting to wait until the years end to be paid if I was one of these blokes, because it wont be there. Looks like the locals get shafted again!

I like the way your have rated them from worst to best in that post.

McLeod won't have to worry about being paid, he will be in the 2's by midseason and will stay there, unless he sucks the right people off again, then he will only get the minimum wage.

Scoble won't need to worry either. I predict a season ending injury before the halfway point of the season to save himself the embarrassment of having to drop himself.

McMahon certainly won't stick around unless he is kept a Cash Money Millionaire all year long.

I like the way your have rated them from worst to best in that post.

McLeod won't have to worry about being paid, he will be in the 2's by midseason and will stay there, unless he sucks the right people off again, then he will only get the minimum wage.

Scoble won't need to worry either. I predict a season ending injury before the halfway point of the season to save himself the embarrassment of having to drop himself.

McMahon certainly won't stick around unless he is kept a Cash Money Millionaire all year long.

must have been embarassed by those 3 at one stage hank all quality players and have proved this already ?

I think South has seen the error of paying ordinary players large amounts under the Sproule regime. They finsihed with 3 wins last year and needed the Parkers and McMahon's to turn the club around. Future looks good at South which I think syas alot about Parker and Chapman.

must have been embarassed by those 3 at one stage hank all quality players and have proved this already ?

It is a serious risk to anyone's credibility to class Cameron McLeod as quality. The guy has limited intelligence, poor decision making, skills that are flaky at best, is easily exposed and conviniently gets injured everytime the pressure gets a bit too much for him.

It is a serious risk to anyone's credibility to class Cameron McLeod as quality. The guy has limited intelligence, poor decision making, skills that are flaky at best, is easily exposed and conviniently gets injured everytime the pressure gets a bit too much for him.

Oh ... but he talks a lot, tries hard and is a nice guy from what I hear. I guess that outweighs his negatives and that is why is was a regular senior player at Darley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back