Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
its official, darley sign there 3 big recruits
adrian (hutchy) newman (st kilda city)
robbie (onion head) cheevers (east freo)
and jarrod (tuddy) edwards just to sweeten the deal. newman will also take up assistant coaches role. with these inclusions it can only be said that 2008 will be the return of the devils.....

You were a bit early on the post but heard that two of these guys officially signed last night, with the other following suit when he gets back from Perth later this month.

2008 - The Rise of the Devil

Lakers recruits ive heard are Chris Mcguigan(learmonth), Mick Foster (beaufort) , Page(Creswick) an of course the coach Battistello.
Heard they may be talking to a young bloke from Nhill to.

Havent heard anything about sebas ? ? ?

And i know Chris Robertson (ex Learmonth BnF) is trainin at Ballarat.

Thats all i know.
Is that young bloke from nhill the nerdy one with glasses? he's up at north training and might go ok. Lakers seem to be heading in the right direction, what type of player is mcguigen, is it the same one that played for east?

The lakers look to be shapping up a lot better than last year by the looks of their recruits. Carracher is back from cairns. Yes it is the McGuigian that has played at east. Seem to have good numbers on the track but strange to see them starting back so late. Any thoughts?

The lakers look to be shapping up a lot better than last year by the looks of their recruits. Carracher is back from cairns. Yes it is the McGuigian that has played at east. Seem to have good numbers on the track but strange to see them starting back so late. Any thoughts?
doesn't seem strange when there are clubs in melbourne that don't train pre christmas at all. Any big recruits to ballarat based clubs this year, not much is said on here about recruitment.

ps. Darley's recruit newman from st. kilda city is a gun, wouldn't be cheap though.

Is that young bloke from nhill the nerdy one with glasses? he's up at north training and might go ok. Lakers seem to be heading in the right direction, what type of player is mcguigen, is it the same one that played for east?

The Nerdy Kid from nhill training at north is Ben Fritsch strong defender, nhills runner up BnF last yr, WFL interleague representitive, 19 yrs old only, loves the game , He's linked with a few clubs i think but his main focus till march will be to get on norths list then he can worry about his Home club.

He is not the one linked with the lakers.

As for Mcguigan he underachieved last year for learmonth compared to 06 with east but he will have learnt alot from his leadership role in the CHFL an will be a better player. He had big ankle problems pre'season an early rounds last year. He's always dangerous inside 50 an he seems to find the ball once he enters the attacking 50 as well. Look to see him team up with maxwell in the forward line as he did with DJ at east.

its official, darley sign there 3 big recruits
adrian (hutchy) newman (st kilda city)
robbie (onion head) cheevers (east freo)
and jarrod (tuddy) edwards just to sweeten the deal. newman will also take up assistant coaches role. with these inclusions it can only be said that 2008 will be the return of the devils.....

Newman Ass coach ha ha ha :thumbsu:
a guy who cant be coached A/C the coach major discipline problems at darley 08
he must have cleaned his act up ???

Capey must feel wrapped with this appointment is,nt he A/C aswell

Melton will Miss Tuddy hope the money is worth it Tudd :thumbsdown:

Newman Ass coach ha ha ha :thumbsu:
a guy who cant be coached A/C the coach major discipline problems at darley 08
he must have cleaned his act up ???

Capey must feel wrapped with this appointment is,nt he A/C aswell

Melton will Miss Tuddy hope the money is worth it Tudd :thumbsdown:

Obviously Darley didnt do there homework on $$$Newman$$$, with mates at StKilda City they are not concerned by his loss, was assistant coach last year until he decided he didnt want to train along with other devices will be an interesting year for him.

This just in ….

Police are searching for witnesses to demonstrations of bravery or courage by Troy Scoble. Those who claim to be witnesses should contact their local Fire Brigade immediately to put the fire out in their pants.

More to come.

Lakers recruits ive heard are Chris Mcguigan(learmonth), Mick Foster (beaufort) , Page(Creswick) an of course the coach Battistello.

Thats all i know.

rumor has it from other posts sebas's young ruckman brad neurath has left sebas and is heading to redan looks like redan will be alot stronger in the mild field if he is playing and not up at north

This just in ….

Police are searching for witnesses to demonstrations of bravery or courage by Troy Scoble. Those who claim to be witnesses should contact their local Fire Brigade immediately to put the fire out in their pants.

More to come.

Still bitter about him walking out on your little club? Enjoy your 4 wins for the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New recruits... only heard of sunbury, darley & lakers with signings.. how about other clubs..

Sunbury. Libba, B.Jordan???

Darley. adrian (hutchy) newman (st kilda city)robbie (onion head) cheevers (east freo)
and jarrod (tuddy) ???

Melton Sth. Dane

Melton. Porter???

Bacchus.???

Lakers. Battistello, page, mcguigen, foster, carracher???

East Point . Hines???

Redan. Ryall???

Sebastopol. New coach???

Ballarat.???

Nth City. Clarke???

Surely there are more signings..

Thats all i know.

Some pretty dissapointing news from the burra with Mal Niblett looking set to play with the roosters this year. Probably their best player will be a big hole to fill.

Apparently the Marsh have picked up a few guys from Ballan - Danny Mullane, Zac Peoples and Mark Bennedetti who was with Redan reserves last year.

Thats all i know.

Wasn't Foster coaching Beaufort last year? Why has he decided to leave? Seems like the unreliable type...... Will have to wait for the clearances to come through! Mcguigan/Foster/Page - Lakers will need to do more than that if they want to be a finals hope!

I'm pretty sure Danny Mullane isnt a twos player.

Im no expert when it comes to the Marsh and have only followed their results in the papers over the last few years but considering how bad theyve been I think they'd all play seniors. Having said that I dont think they'll make a huge impact or change the Cobras immediate fortunes. Peoples could make an impact if he applied himself as he has a stack of ability but to this day he hasn't. I believe Sam Simms from Ballan may also be playing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back