Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Ravens fear Marcus Peters, Gus Edwards tore their ACLs at Thursday’s practice
Posted by Josh Alper on September 9, 2021, 3:56 PM EDT

The Ravens’ run of injuries in their offensive backfield reportedly continued at Thursday’s practice and they also had a key member of their defensive backfield go down during the session.

NFL Media reports that running back Gus Edwards and cornerback Marcus Peters each suffered “potentially significant” knee injuries. A follow-up noted that the team fears both players suffered torn ACLs. The Ravens cut practice short after the two players were knocked out.

Edwards’ injury follows J.K. Dobbins‘ torn ACL and Justice Hill‘s torn Achilles on the list of medical problems for Ravens backs. Ty'Son Williams and Trenton Cannon are on the active roster and the chances of Le'Veon Bell playing Monday would go up exponentially if the fear about the severity of his injury is realized.

Peters doesn’t have the same kind of company on the cornerback injury report, but his absence would be a major one against the Raiders on Monday and all the other opponents who won’t have to contend with him trying to thwart their passing games.

The Baltimore Ravens are turning to a pair of big-name veterans for emergency help amid a wave of injuries that has ravaged the team’s running back corps.
Devonta Freeman’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, confirmed to The Washington Post Thursday reports that the former Atlanta Falcons star would be signed to the Ravens’ practice squad. That transaction occurred in the immediate wake of what Baltimore fears is a major injury to Gus Edwards, per multiple reports, and came a day after the team added Le’Veon Bell.

The Baltimore Ravens are turning to a pair of big-name veterans for emergency help amid a wave of injuries that has ravaged the team’s running back corps.
Devonta Freeman’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, confirmed to The Washington Post Thursday reports that the former Atlanta Falcons star would be signed to the Ravens’ practice squad. That transaction occurred in the immediate wake of what Baltimore fears is a major injury to Gus Edwards, per multiple reports, and came a day after the team added Le’Veon Bell.

You must be feeling a lot more confident with the Ravens without RB1+RB2, WR1 and top CB?

That is a really low bar….
So only 22 passing and four rushing left after this week?
Oh. I assumed he meant this week so I was quietly confident.

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports the Ravens are "finalizing" a deal with free agent RB Latavius Murray.
Zrebiec believes an agreement "should get done." This one simply makes too much sense not to happen after Gus Edwards joined J.K. Dobbins and Justice Hill on injured reserve Thursday. Murray spent the offseason and summer looking done for the Saints, but he remained one of the league's better backups in 2020. Running alongside Lamar Jackson and behind the Ravens' road-paving offensive line, Murray could easily become a top-24 fantasy running back if he summits his easy competition of Ty'Son Williams and Le'Veon Bell. Expect this one to be finalized shortly.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
Sep 9, 2021, 10:26 PM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bell might not have much left, slotting into #3 role Freeman a decent backup, Murray projects as a starter probably

Yea, bell has lost any burst he had, can probably still be a decent enough pass catcher on 3rd down tho. His bellcow days long gone.

I swear, if Murray and/or Freeman end up with a serious injury too....someone up above is doing their best to get Williams the starting role, breakout superstar

Maybe Williams practices voodoo? Pin straight to the knees of his doll for anyone who gets in his way.

Did anyone see Humphrey's interception that wasn't? Even the commentators didn't realise.

I picked it up on the replay of the play they showed, and was surprised the commentators didn't make mention of it then. Marlon obviously thought it hit the ground. The main reason I thought something was funny and had a closer look when they re-showed it was because the LV WR ran half a mile to jump on the ball in case it was a fumble, which looked odd - so I wondered if he'd seen something we didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back