Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

I am glad that all these defensive coordinators have figured out how to stop Lamar. Loading the box, playing more zone at the backend, so that defenders can stop his downfield scrambles. It’s working and slowing down our ground game.

I will enjoy the next few years of Air Jackson. Air Jackson is the best Jackson, well the best since that Lamar guy got figured out.

Last edited:
Let's Gooooooooooo*

*(Defence is a real issue, as is the run game going forward)
We'd be laughing if Dobbins or Gus were still healthy. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do NFL teams have tackling coaches? If they do we need to replace ours, holy crap I am over us giving up huge touchdown runs cause of missed tackles.
We aim for the legs which makes it easier to step out of the way or maintain your balance. I thought good technique was to take the hips because they're harder to move out of the way.

Was a real, when it rains it pours game.

To be fair, Bengals are a really solid team. Burrow was so impressive as well.

Good time for the bye.

And others said, have to fix our tackling.

Really need a better CB. Marcus Peters is really being missed by the defence. It’s not that Averett is bad, he just doesn’t spark fear into the QB. Peter’s with all his faults, was an INT master, so was respected. You had to keep the ball away from his INT zone, so it made the window smaller.
The other player we really miss is Edwards. A big solid back who could punish undersize LB and DB would have been ideal today. Bungles aren’t the best team against power…. Our RB didn’t have any power today.

AA is hardly the problem - with the exception of the Indy game where he was horrible and the Chargers game where he was fine but Humphrey was great great, he's been our best CB this year. ILB and just tackling overall are far bigger problems on defense.

And on offense, while the RBs are not good, I think the OL is the bigger problem. Problem is that I don't think there is anything that can be feasibly done to fix it this season

AA is hardly the problem - with the exception of the Indy game where he was horrible and the Chargers game where he was fine but Humphrey was great great, he's been our best CB this year. ILB and just tackling overall are far bigger problems on defense.

And on offense, while the RBs are not good, I think the OL is the bigger problem. Problem is that I don't think there is anything that can be feasibly done to fix it this season

Many teams invest resources into their D-Line and create pressure from 4 men, while our focus is to invest in coverage and get pressure from blitzers rather than Linemen. This pressure either needs to get there quick when we blitz OR without multiple elite CB, we get exposed from the rushes leaving the short middle open. This allows easy plays deep when the safeties come up OR short middle where the ILB usually set up their zone. Our D rarely plays a full zone behind a 4 man rush, so QB know that there is man coverage and can exploit that tendency IF the CB isn’t elite enough to Intercept frequently.

AA is an NFL starting level CB. He plays well, it’s just that with our defensive philosophy he isn’t the level we need. Our focus is on having elite level CB, who play on an island and can intercept when the ball is off target. AA hasn’t shown that. I think he is a valuable player and will certainly get paid well from another team, he just isn’t quite what we need to make the D function. But I do acknowledge there are only about 20 players league wide who can fill Peters void and none are available.

I really hope Bateman watched Chase closely today. Chase showed how an elite WR can cause mayhem and that is hopefully the level Bateman strives for.

Agreed, tackling has been so poor this year. The OL is a disaster at the moment. Injuries don't help, but not much we can do.

Hopefully Mekari is ok, Bozeman has time to rest, and that Boyle comes back soon after the bye.

Positive: I really like the look of Bateman. Kid can play.

CLEVELAND — Baltimore Ravens starting linebacker Malik Harrison was recovering Monday after being struck by a stray bullet in his left calf at what the team described as a gathering in Cleveland the night before.

The Ravens released a statement saying only that Harrison’s injury is “non-life-threatening.” The 23-year-old was treated at a hospital and has been in touch with team doctors.

Harrison is expected to return to Maryland on Monday.

Harrison, 23, was injured outside a Cleveland nightclub on Sunday night while the Ravens were on their bye, according to police.

Harrison posted a note on social media to thank everyone who had reached out to him and the medical staff who treated him.

"Although today has been very overwhelming, I'm excited to get back on the football field very soon, playing the game I love to play," Harrison wrote.

According to a Cleveland police report obtained by The Associated Press, Harrison told officers, who were arresting four men involved in a shooting, that he was at a downtown club Sunday night when a fight broke out.

Harrison told police that security kicked people out of the club and that he was outside with a group when they spotted someone with a firearm. Harrison said everyone began running and he heard shots fired. Some details of the incident, as well as Harrison's medical information, are redacted in the report.

Lamar out and somehow:
  • we pull out an unlikely win
  • Tennessee lose to one of the worst teams in the AFC
  • Buffalo lose to a 0.500 team
Just need to see what happens with KC and Pittsburgh now, but it's already a better day than I expected at 3:30 am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back