Banana Boots First Phantom ( First Round Only )

Remove this Banner Ad

Banana Boots

Senior List
Oct 19, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Hey people just updated it, done a bit more researching and thinking about this time, Please let me know if there is anything I've spelt wrong or have left someone really good out (which I've done twice), This was created with a little help from other phantoms,the afl website,my gut feeling and other stuff
Enjoy!

GWS 1# - FWD - Patton - A real no Brainer here GWS need a future star full forward.

GWS 2# - MID - Coniglio - Another no brainer, probaly the best midfield prospect in this years draft.

GWS 3# - MID - Tyson - These are my top three ( and pretty much on every other phantom draft ) can't get enough good midfielders.

GWS 4# - MID - Will Hoskin-Elliot - A great outside mid which will fill GWS' needs perfectly, my tip for the rising star.Great endurance and a good kick.

GWS 5# - MID/FWD - Wingard - Great leadership skills, Great left foot can play on the wing or up forward.
The reason I wen't with Wingard here is next year's draft is supposed to be a mega-draft and considering that GWS will get first pick next year (only assuming they'll come last), I found Brodie Grundy who is a project ruckman with huge potential apparently so maybe they'll let longer slide and grab either Bolger or Elton.

PORT 6# - RUCK - Longer - Don't think Port will be able to pass him up especially since they don't have an outstanding ruck to feed the midfielders.

GWS 7# - DEF - Buntine - Good reader of the play, GWS need some defenders so he'll probaly end up there.

BRIS 8# - MID - Greene - Good inside mid for the Lions, Great at winning the ball, love his style of play.

GWS 9# - DEF/FWD - Tomlinson - Has shot his draft stocks way up this year with a good combine, a KPP which GWS will need, Great athlete aswell tested good at the combine.

GWS 10# - RUCK - Bolger - A ruck prospect which is just what brisbane are looking for.

GWS 11# - DEF - Docherty - Personally I really like this kid would love him at Brisbane, GWS would fit him in the back line somewhere, rebounding defender.

BRIS 12# - MID - Sumner - A good outside midfielder which will challenge Polec and Bartlett.

GWS 13# - MID - Smith - Good decision making skills, agile, pacy, a good fit. averaged 19 disposal's at the U18 Championships and team orientated.

GWS 14# - Dobosz - Sounds pretty good from what I hear with a name to match.averaged 3.8 goals per game in 4 games at the U18 championships.Took a while to decide between Manson and Dobosz here but wen't with dobosz because he is less of a risk.

RICH 15# - MID/FWD - Adams - Averaged 28 disposals with the Falcons, would fit in well at Tigerland.

FREO 16# - DEF - Kersten - Forward that has good pace offthe mark, Freo didn't get the clark in trade week so they'll be after a forward.

WB 17# - MID - Kavanagh - An all-rounder midfielder who the bulldogs should take a risk on
even though he's had his injury problems, could turn out to be a star player.
Also rumours about his dad trying to persuade teams not to pick him, I think there family is good friends with someone at North Melbourne?Sorry one pick off Elliot.

NM 18# - FWD - Manson - From WA, maybe daniel Wells will mentor him, could be a risk although could turn out to be a star.

ESS 19# - MID - Newman - The kid just looks like a Essendon player.

FREO 20# - MID - Haynes - Great agility, overhead and good running ability

SYD 21# - MID - Mitchell - Already secured him with pick 21 which is pretty good considering he would probaly be a top ten draft pick.

CARL 22# - FWD - Crozier - Famous for that screamer he took, would fit in well at Carlton.bit of a consistency problem but I'm sure he can work on it as he gets more game time.

WCE 23# - MID - Markworth - Fast, overager, would be a good pick up for West Coast.

GC 24# - DEF - Ellis - Would be great for Gold coast, looks like a good kid.He's gone through a hell of alot so he'll bring some maturity to a fairly young group.

ST.K 25# - DEF - Frost - Rebounding defender, astonishing pace for a man of his size, I reckon he'll turnout to be a pretty good player in the future.

RICH 26# - MID - Grigg - Apparently inconsistant, and slow or just one I can't remember, but WHAT A KICK he's got on him, a daniel rich V.2.

ADEL 27# - Schade - Aggresive spoiling and good at one-on-ones.A rebounding defender which I imagine would fit in well in Adelaide.

WCE 28# - DEF - McKenzie - Neat medium defender, West Coast could use him I'm sure.

FREO 29# - DEF - Josh Bootsma - Rebounding defender, has also like tomlinson skyrocketed up this draft plus he's from Perth.

BRIS 30# - RUCK - Elton - A ruck prospect , not too sure he'll last to here but you never know.

There you go, the first Banana Boots Phantom Draft!
Hope you liked it.

Another mock that has GWS taking a ridiculous amount of mids. Really, most of them won't even play as they already have a good midfield. Apart from that though, good job.

Another mock that has GWS taking a ridiculous amount of mids. Really, most of them won't even play as they already have a good midfield. Apart from that though, good job.

Thanks, I do agree with your argument on too much mids but 5 mids in the draft plus scully,palmer and ward equals 8 so if there is 5 midfield spots on the team from the start of the game plus a couple of spots on the bench, Then they might be able to fit in. Then theres the other mids they pick up so yeh maybe I did pick too many

I don't get it. Why would you apologise for spelling mistakes instead of just correcting them?

Maybe I'll go through it and change a few mistakes but Im not too fussed about it.

That should fix it :thumbsu:

Thanks, I do agree with your argument on too much mids but 5 mids in the draft plus scully,palmer and ward equals 8 so if there is 5 midfield spots on the team from the start of the game plus a couple of spots on the bench, Then they might be able to fit in. Then theres the other mids they pick up so yeh maybe I did pick too many

Maybe I'll go through it and change a few mistakes but Im not too fussed about it.

Don't forget the Mids they have already on their list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No wonder Hoskin Elliot will win the rising star, there is two of him playing for GWS:)

i assume one of the WHE should be Kavanagh? No Buntine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banana Boots First Phantom ( First Round Only )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back