Barcode / ticket requests / swaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Officially, yes they will be checking AFL membership cards (and IDs):

'To enter the stadium on the day of the match, you will require:
>> Your Ticketek ticket to scan for entry into the ground

>> Your 2012 AFL Membership card to verify your membership

>> And photo identification to verify that the membership is yours'

http://aflmembership.com.au/match-information/grand-final/

My understanding is that they can't realistically check everyone entering the AFL members reserve - I'm pretty sure I remember reading a thread on this on the main board...

As Bedford said, if you get caught trying to enter without a membership card, both you (no entry to the game) and the person whose membership was actually used to purchase the ticket (possibly loss of membership) suffer. Risky strategy.

With the AFL member reserve tickets, will the people at the gate be asking for proof of membership or anything? As I will be purchasing from another member from this site. Cheers
I've been to a GF with someone elses AFL member reserve ticket. He lent me his membership card in case I was asked to produce it. Never happened though - just swiped and entered. Until I was actually in I was sweating though - the year was 2005! :)

It may not necessarily be a loss of membership. Sometimes a gold member will be demoted to silver etc. Pretty risky though.

me and a couple of mates are still looking for tickets as well, so 3 all up together, big ask i know but I could hardly take one and not the other! cheers

After this we should have quite a few new members next year
I hope they change the rules next year, because interstate members (in WA for example) don't get access to the grand final ballot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

got myself a ticket from someone who came in here for the first time and didn't care much for those who have a zillion posts.
Fantastic and great to see you react with such maturity, too.:thumbsu:

Edit: Shit, I just realised, you're on the ITM AFL thread constantly.

Well, if anyone's interested, he isn't a Hawks fan.

thanks for the final acknowledgement. like i said, just cuz we don't come on here and post doesn't mean we aren't avid swans fans. tone down the hate on first posters guys.

posted on ITM for years. as you can see. The threads there combine my love for dance music, and all the other sports. that will do me.

After this we should have quite a few new members next year

Well i got back from The UK on Friday, been there for 6 months so membership didnt seem feasible this year when all my money was going towards that.

But anyway. I was there in 05 when we won, its a great feeling, so for those who are going to there first, enjoy.

thanks for the final acknowledgement. like i said, just cuz we don't come on here and post doesn't mean we aren't avid swans fans. tone down the hate on first posters guys.

posted on ITM for years. as you can see. The threads there combine my love for dance music, and all the other sports. that will do me.
In fairness, I only remembered because I was flicking through the thread on ITM. There's been about 50 people this week join, ask for tickets then bail and every one of them had a granddad who was best mates with Bob Skilton.

Well i got back from The UK on Friday, been there for 6 months so membership didnt seem feasible this year when all my money was going towards that.

But anyway. I was there in 05 when we won, its a great feeling, so for those who are going to there first, enjoy.

I went in 96, 2005 (missed 06 as i was living os) and now 2012. It's awesome when we win.

No one is hating on any one, except delinquent juvenile Hawks fans who pose as a Swan to finagle away precious GF tickets that were meant for loyal and dedicated Swans supporters.

I feel for hawks fans who've missed out and have been tempted to help this hawk fan at work out. I have no problem at all with honest hawks fans coming to this thread asking for tickets. The ones who pose as swans fans are a disgrace.

I feel for hawks fans who've missed out and have been tempted to help this hawk fan at work out. I have no problem at all with honest hawks fans coming to this thread asking for tickets. The ones who pose as swans fans are a disgrace.
I like the hawks too. Quite a few of my best mates are Hawks supporters. I just hope that they don't win on Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Barcode / ticket requests / swaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back