Barcode / ticket requests / swaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Add me to the list, however I only found this site yesterday. After 3 tickets and living in Sydney and have accom and train booked.

sorry buddy, but at least this bandwagon isnt as rediculous as the 2005 one where all of a sudden this was the only team supported

i agree, im not asking for 3, just one or 2 but i think everyone needs to be a bit less judging as there are often many reasons why someone cant buy a membership

what about buying a membership, might have helped. What pisses me off the most is that people pay their membership deserve it then you get people jumping on the bandwagon and then want 3!
Have to say you're more hardline than anything I ever saw on the Geelong boards in the last 4 GFs... However, I can understand your frustration. I do know somebody who's going who doesn't support either side, such a waste of a ticket.

A quick note though, just because people aren't members, doesn't mean that they're bandwagoners. People have their reasons (usually practical and financial) for not buying memberships that can get GF tickets. This year has been the first year in a long time that I have bought an 11-game membership, because I was finally able to land a job that I can do during Uni that doesn't involve weekend work (and on a hospitality wage, a membership is a big spend). Dad, for example, lives 5 hours from Melbourne and 6 from Kardinia Park, so of course he doesn't splash his cash on an 11-game membership. It doesn't mean that we're bandwagoners by any means, though.

hahahaha bedford i'm struggling to disagree with your logic there even though, in the past i've had swan friends that go to every game in melbourne and haven't bought a membership that year (usually due to financial reasons).

Don't worry bedford my brother and i are wearing them down one by one; giving them a hard time about the money going to opposition clubs by paying the entry for melb games rather than attending on their membership.

Sellers be very very careful, seek proof they're a real swans fan. We already had an arseh*le Hawthorn supporter do us in.

Can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm getting pretty annoyed with all the new join dates seeking tickets, FFS we aren't a ticketing website or ebay or gumtree.

Actually, can i go on the list? I have 2 die hard swans fans looking for tickets. One is a family friend who moved to Sydney 25 years ago as a collingwood supporter then switched to barracking for the swans.

The other is a friend of my brothers whom goes to every game. My brother is living in the states and i stupidly gave his membership to my friend's dad without thinking about his mate.

Thanks 'Maccaknowsbest', you've made my friend very happy :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so genuine swans fans cant do everything they can for a ticket? i work in hospitality. moved from canberra last year where i travelled to sydney to watch all the games,to melbourne in january this year. couldnt afford membership with the move even with the phone call from sydney membership team,went to all games down here,flew up for prelim,and now you guys are saying "get out of our forum". how the hell do you know we arent just as mad a fan as everybody else?

so genuine swans fans cant do everything they can for a ticket? i work in hospitality. moved from canberra last year where i travelled to sydney to watch all the games,to melbourne in january this year. couldnt afford membership with the move even with the phone call from sydney membership team,went to all games down here,flew up for prelim,and now you guys are saying "get out of our forum". how the hell do you know we arent just as mad a fan as everybody else?

We trusted someone and they turned out to be a Hawthorn alias. Can you blame us for being suspicious?

was will rice the fake?

If it was him then i wish i read this thread when it was all happening as i would have warned you. I could see through that phony guy.

We don’t…. and we don’t know you are either as there are frauds circulating, particularly our forum because they know non Melbourne people may struggle to get down.

At the end of the day it's up to the person with the ticket where it goes.

how the hell do you know we arent just as mad a fan as everybody else?

This is the problem - short of trusting someone's word we cannot. And look where that got us a few days ago. We can't direct those selling tickets/giving away barcodes who to trust, but I think a general rule such as preferring regular posters over newbies who have just joined isn't a bad idea.

you cant direct but you can have a heavy influence. i know how forums work. who sits on their arse on a computer the most should mean nothing.
And I make no apologies for that. I'd rather see a ticket go into the hands of someone who posts here regularly rather than some Johnny-come-lately who will probably will never be seen here until the next time we make the GF.

you cant direct but you can have a heavy influence. i know how forums work. who sits on their arse on a computer the most should mean nothing.

On here it should. If I had a spare ticket and someone I knew wanted it and a complete stranger who am I going to give it. On hear We've conversed with people over an extended period and started conversing with you yesterday or today.

Why should we randomly select you ahead of someone we've got to know of sorts on here?

Hey Guys I have just picked up my ticket I got through the ballot but wanted an extra seat for my son so was able to purchase 2 tickets together so am wanting to sell it to a big footy member. I havent been following this thread so would like regulars to let me know of genuine big footy member who wants a ticket. It is an excellent seat probably better than the 2 I have together. It is level 1, Bay M5 row A seat 10 which puts it directly behind the goals in the front row at the Eastern end of the ground. I only want face value which is $300 but would like it to go to a long time swans supporter like myself. Btw when I spoke to the woman at ticketek she said that one customer came to pick up her tickets from the ballot and got standing room for $355 which I couldn't believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Barcode / ticket requests / swaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back