Barcode / ticket requests / swaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. I've paid a lot of money for my tickets. Hope they are fine - no reason to suspect otherwise - however, as I didn't pay up this year or last (due to work reasons) it's one of the only ways to get along to the game. There are people out there profiteering, and they are running an enormous risk (fines of between $8000 and $80000 for selling tickets at unreasonably high prices) but I guess as a Swans fan, there are only so many tickets.

The best way is to pay up your membership. And as far as the bandwagon goes, whenever the Swans get a start like they did this year, there is no better signal to get in there and pay your money, even if, like me, I've only made it to one season game in Sydney and one season game in Melbourne due to work commitments. I went last week, and I'll be there this week with my wife, but if we had both bought memberships this year, we would have got to the game for less than what we've spent on our tickets. So there's no stronger advocate than me to buy a membership, even if only for the selfish reason that you'll make it easier to get to the GF if we make it again next year. Of course there are many good reasons to pay up, and I hope a lot more people do.

I know what you mean, i was a member for a number of years, but it got to a point where i couldn't attend as many games as i would have liked and i didn't get a membership and then they had to go and make a few Grand Finals. Typical.

I'm totally against scalping otherwise. But people see it as a cheap way to make a bit of profit.

Just as a side questions was that rule about the cut off date for taking out a membership brought in because of the 96 Grand Final? IIRC i do remember quite a lot of people signing up for Swans memberships during the finals to guarantee themselves of a ticket because we had such low numbers at the time.

re: The Hawk hate, it's quite normal to have a bit of jibbing towards each other i guess in the lead up to a game, none moreso than a Grand Final. Just wait until we play Norf, am yet to see a gracious poster visit the Swans board before or after a game against them, ferals the lot of them.

The scumbag kept PM'ing me asking me to vouch for him so I'm glad I didn't.

Pretty shitty that he got a ticket but I guess in the end there'll probably be about 50,000 other people that don't deserve to be there either.

Shitty behaviour but desperate times call for desperate measures.

and if you look at it from outside 'internet forum world' it's actually slightly amusing.

Hi all,

Sorry to intrude, but I know someone who has 1 ticket for sale, problem is they want a premium price for it. Its in q20 in the afl members. PM me if interested.

Hey guys... posted in here on Monday... Am driving to the GF regardless.. Still any1 have a barcode for sale still ? Help a poor swannies supporter travelling alone to the game !! ;)

Hey guys... posted in here on Monday... Am driving to the GF regardless.. Still any1 have a barcode for sale still ? Help a poor swannies supporter travelling alone to the game !! ;)
A barcode is not going to help you out now. I believe all tickets sold except maybe some corporate options.

Just as a side questions was that rule about the cut off date for taking out a membership brought in because of the 96 Grand Final? IIRC i do remember quite a lot of people signing up for Swans memberships during the finals to guarantee themselves of a ticket because we had such low numbers at the time.
I'm not sure what the cut off date is, but when I look at my membership options next year, I'll be looking for that date. It's better to be aboard a train that doesn't quite make the station than to miss the train all together, like i did this year. Then had to pay some Carlton profiteer for his ticket. As nice a man as he was, I got reamed.

I'm not sure what the cut off date is, but when I look at my membership options next year, I'll be looking for that date. It's better to be aboard a train that doesn't quite make the station than to miss the train all together, like i did this year. Then had to pay some Carlton profiteer for his ticket. As nice a man as he was, I got reamed.

I think the cut off date is June 30th.

Don't worry, i put an ad in the Daily Telegraph for the 2005 GF and i had calls from all over Australia. Must of gotten 100 calls+texts between Tuesday and Thursday. For some reason it died right off on Friday. But anyway, that ad cost me $70, and i remember i got a call off some lawyer saying to look out for him and his wife, then he sent a text after it saying he'll give me a $50 spotters fee. Later that day, i get a call off some Carlton fan saying he has 3 tickets, 2 seats and 1 standing. I think from memory he was after $350 per seat and $200 for the standing. I said i'd call him back.

So i called the lawyer explaining what the Carlton fan had, so i passed his number onto the lawyer and he agreed to buy them off the Carlton fan in Melbourne and we'd meet up down there. After he called the Carlton fan the lawyer rang me back up saying he'd changed his prices. He wanted $250 for the standing room ticket and $325 for each seat. LOL. I knew straight away this lawyer was trying to do me after i helped him out. And he started taking all my details to make sure i was going to be there and not do a runner (of i was going to be there dickhead i put an ad i nthe paper for a ticket, that's how desperate i was).

End up meeting in Melbourne, but on the way i remembered about the spotter fee he offered and when i asked him about it he said "Nah, that wasn't me, must of been someone else" What can ya do? But you can see why i was edhy about a thread like this. I mean, this lawyer must of been on a cushty income, meanwhile i had lost my job about a month or 2 prior and was doing work through an agency to get money. Guess that didn't bother him though.

Hi,

This is my first post and although I want to start a new thread I cannot as I havn't been a member or contributed to your forum enough.

So I am hoping that somebody here could "RE-POST" this.

I am trying to sell this on e-bay and am quite sure some of your members would be very interested in this Original South Melbourne Swans Item.

If it was posted in the correct section.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130773413636?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I hope I hav not broken too many protocol and hope somebody here will benifit from this.

Cheers.

Also if anybody has some more specific information about this item they are free to PM or e-mail me.

Maybe somebody has one of these or knows about it.

Again Thank You

Im a diehard Swans supporter unfortunately I haven't been able to get a ticket to the game yet :'(, if anybody can help me out with a ticket I could buy or a membership barcode which I could use that would be great.

Will be shattered if I cant get to the game, but anyway GO SWANNIES!

Im a diehard Swans supporter unfortunately I haven't been able to get a ticket to the game yet :'(, if anybody can help me out with a ticket I could buy or a membership barcode which I could use that would be great.

Will be shattered if I cant get to the game, but anyway GO SWANNIES!

Ill give you a barcode if you have a time machine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill give you a barcode if you have a time machine
Speak to
rhps-crh03-riffrafftimewarpl.jpg

Hey swannies fans,

Just got a text from my friend saying he 'might' have access to a couple of standing room tickets. I've asked for contact details and price.

Anyone keen?

No promises as yet so really don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

Hey swannies fans,

Just got a text from my friend saying he 'might' have access to a couple of standing room tickets. I've asked for contact details and price.

Anyone keen?

Would really like to get one for my dad if possible. PM if there's anything. Thanks

Hey swannies fans,

Anyone keen?

Yes, Yes and YES!!!!

I've just got a call from my cousin in Melbourne and he hasn't been able to get a ticket. We were just talking about hanging around outside the MCG during before the game in the rain trying to find one. If you have one I'll cry! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Barcode / ticket requests / swaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back