Barry Hall - Should we?

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd have to fight the Bullies to get him.

Just saw another interview with Barry.

He certainly looks fit and firing and ready to play on.

Looks to have a point to prove.

Spoken to a few clubs, mentioned dogs again (aker asked him) still not confident on where he's going.

(Jokingly) Rated it a 0.5 out of ten chance of playing for the dogs next year.

Now that we have picked up Mclean (and look a possibility of losing Hadley), Id be happy to trade pick three for Hall + fringe player if needed.

Spoken to a few clubs, mentioned dogs again (aker asked him) still not confident on where he's going.

Now that we have picked up Mclean (and look a possibility of losing Hadley), Id be happy to trade pick three for Hall + fringe player if needed.

Like I said in another thread, if we can get the lions second round pick for Hadley, I would say our second round pick to Sydney + a fringe player.

Or both second round picks if we need to pip the deal.

He was asked what are the chances of you playing with the Dogs next year, from zero to one and he answered 0.5.

He is the Dog's number one priority and the Swans have said they will get him to the Club that he nominates and he has nominated the Dogs. Not that it matters but he supported the Dogs as a kid and he works well with Rocket Eade.

He is the Dog's number one priority and the Swans have said they will get him to the Club that he nominates and he has nominated the Dogs. Not that it matters but he supported the Dogs as a kid and he works well with Rocket Eade.

Ill repeat what ive said since day one.

I firmly believe if he ends up anywhere it will likley be the Dogs.

Its just I wouldnt be opposed to see Carlton make a play for him.

Barry Hall would be great for us but can he control his temper. i think there is alot of issues surrounding Hall and alot of advantages and disadvantages. i say keep what we got. Pass on hall .

Barry Hall would be great for us but can he control his temper. i think there is alot of issues surrounding Hall and alot of advantages and disadvantages. i say keep what we got. Pass on hall .

The problem is 'what we've got' is a single key forward.

Very one dimensional. Also, if Fev goes down mid year its virtually season over for the club.

The problem is 'what we've got' is a single key forward.

Very one dimensional. Also, if Fev goes down mid year its virtually season over for the club.

True . Im happy either way. Hall will come cheap and i guess in the end what we got to lose .specially if he gets himself under control it could be a win win situation for the club and hall. Then again the talk has always been about Warnock coming into the side and taking over ruck duties wich in turn would free up Kruezer to go up forward. with that in mind Hall as a back up could be a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a done deal. I know we need a back-up and support fr Fev, but I'm kind of glad Hall with all his unstability is not ending up with Blues.

Would rather have 31 year old Bradshaw.

Good luck to Bazza, and who knows I might end up with egg on my face if he keeps his temper under control and kicks a bag next year.

let the dogs have hall i just read here in this forum the bag out fev got about his drinking and the let down to the carlton football club. look at halls past do ya think he will make the blues look good . how long will it be before he smacks someone else out he would be good in the forward line for sure but for how long at his age . and can we put up with his and fevs crap in the one team .........

Rather than 'should we', perhaps more 'what if' now.

Dead issue, but at least I feel a little vindicated!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ruit-of-the-year/story-e6frf9jf-1225897243103

I remember you and i malifice were really hoping Hally would come to the Blues last year!!!! Alot of people were worried about him losing his temper an being out for stints due to suspension.I wonder what those same people think about Waitey and his stints on the sideline???????:rolleyes:

I think someone hit the nail on the head when they pointed out to Mal that trading isn't like Fantasy Footy. With 1 or 2 years at best left, I doubt Barry would have come to the Blues anyway.

we might have got hall for next to nothing so really it wouldn't have hurt our rebuilding process, it might have aided it as hall would have taken the number one defender and possibly lose man in defence as well, might have helped open the forward line up more for Henderson and Waite.

Strange one to bump.

Good to see Barry doing well and all but IIRC he was only interested in going to the WB's. Also would have taken at least our third round pick so goodbye Marcus Davies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Barry Hall - Should we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back